Draft Profile Dayle Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry Dayle, hope you get your break, it's clear you've got skill, but if you want to make it for starters make your facebook private, it's still there for all to see...

I like how you made the 16 year old girl imbecilic and the 19 year old a kid....twist words much?

Probably just sexist. Some people legitimately don't have the people in their lives to teach them what is right and wrong though. We all know to put our facebook on private because we've been told the stories about future employees stalking our pages. Considering his group of friends he may not have received that important life lesson. You should let him know in a facebook message.

Probably just sexist. Some people legitimately don't have the people in their lives to teach them what is right and wrong though. We all know to put our facebook on private because we've been told the stories about future employees stalking our pages. Considering his group of friends he may not have received that important life lesson. You should let him know in a facebook message.
You can let him know,

I totally agree with your sentiment thought, I hope he get's to show the world the skill he has on the big stage, but I know it takes a lot of sacrifice, I really hope the bombers pick him and he blitzes, but I can see why everyone is wary, good luck Dayle..

I hope the mail is right and the Hawks take a punt on him. Ultimate boom or bust pick but Hawks can afford to take the gamble.

We're still in the premiership window so he can cut his teeth at Box Hill. Has great leadership around him both Indigenous and not in Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and Rioli. We have proven we can help problem players perform with our player management systems (Franklin).

If it works and he falls into line, we get a goal kicking half forward / midfielder who can move into the middle and chop out with Rioli (I realise they are very different in playing styles) from half forward. If he doesn't work out, we have other young mids who can step up in Anderson, Langford, Hallahan and Woodward.

Just my opinion though. I would be happy for us to use pick 24 on him, if we don't and no one picks him up, getting him with a late pick would be a bonus.

Now that I've said all that, he'll probably go undrafted.

Sam Landsberger is reporting he is unlikely to be picked up this year after missing another interview with a club (Hawks). I always wanted him to get picked up but if this is true I hope he doesn't, doesn't deserve if his commitment is so poor.

Sam Landsberger is reporting he is unlikely to be picked up this year after missing another interview with a club (Hawks). I always wanted him to get picked up but if this is true I hope he doesn't, doesn't deserve if his commitment is so poor.
If this is true then he is a silly boy.

Asking for trouble taking this kid and it also sends the wrong message to other future wannabe draftees, I don't think he'll find a home this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically, if he's going to make it anywhere, Hawthorn would probably the place, so in that sense i'm happy he got a run.

Would have been a great unknown should he faded into obscurity

12 months in the making. Welcome Dayle.
I'm glad he got a gig & hope he makes the most of it. Would have been tragic if he ended up with nothing like g many indigenous people do. Fingers crossed.

I must admit that I'm surprised though. I've seen the Facebook comments. Thank God it didn't put the Hawks off. I'm also surprised that he went so early, considering he wasn't picked last year & for the reasons I've stated above. Then again, I'm not a recruiter & Hawks are reigning premies, so they must know what they're doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back