Nostradamus Lives Dayne Beams to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come off it, Sydney have no need for him or salary cap room. They won't make a play nor will GWS

O'Keefe and Malceski coming off the books would make some room. Goodes will be on minimal coin from here.

People every year seem to say "where is Sydney getting the cap space from" but don't look at who they have cast off.

Lot of smoke around Sydney and Ryder at the moment, I will barely raise an eyebrow if they swoop and get him once the finals are over.

O'Keefe and Malceski coming off the books would make some room. Goodes will be on minimal coin from here.

People every year seem to say "where is Sydney getting the cap space from" but don't look at who they have cast off.

Lot of smoke around Sydney and Ryder at the moment, I will barely raise an eyebrow if they swoop and get him once the finals are over.
Goodes - Veteran already, O'Keefe - Veteran not going to free up very much. Malceski was on unders at Sydney and wasn't happy at the dollars being waived at Tippett & Buddy, both of these contracts will actually increase over the next couple of years taking up salary cap room. Buddy was actually only on about $700k this year which increases to about $1.2m in 2016.

Goodes - Veteran already, O'Keefe - Veteran not going to free up very much. Malceski was on unders at Sydney and wasn't happy at the dollars being waived at Tippett & Buddy, both of these contracts will actually increase over the next couple of years taking up salary cap room. Buddy was actually only on about $700k this year which increases to about $1.2m in 2016.

The veterans list concessions ain't what they used to be. They could also shed Mitchell who is on $500k a year.

You are so clueless. ROK is on decent coin. He stitched himself up a very nice deal pre franklin and Tippett. Probably one of the higher paid players at Sydney. Eski is on reasonable coin but unders for his output this year. Will he back it up next year? Who knows. Goodes will be given about a half of his current if he re-signs which is to be expected given age and output.

The veterans list concessions ain't what they used to be. They could also shed Mitchell who is on $500k a year.

Lol..... That is just lol....

Beams will re-sign. He ain't going back to Qld.

Dayne Beams has rejected an offer to head to Brisbane, and is in talks to renew his contact beyond 2015.
1116 SEN have reported that Beams has just built a house in Melbourne, has settled down with his girlfriend and his mother too, has moved to Melbourne.
It comes as earlier reports suggested that the Lions would not be trading their pick 4 in the national draft.

When it was on FB saying he was going to your s**t club you had him signed sealed and delivered.
Funny now that it says otherwise all you Collingwood supporters are heralding him as the greatest signing your clubs ever had, before he's even confirmed his extension.

Neither clubs knows what his decision is until he announces it, not a media cooperation like SEN after some quick audience numbers.

Funny now that it says otherwise all you Collingwood supporters are heralding him as the greatest signing your clubs ever had, before he's even confirmed his extension.

Neither clubs knows what his decision is until he announces it, not a media cooperation like SEN after some quick audience numbers.

And we will assume the status quo until he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dayne Beams has rejected an offer to head to Brisbane, and is in talks to renew his contact beyond 2015.
1116 SEN have reported that Beams has just built a house in Melbourne, has settled down with his girlfriend and his mother too, has moved to Melbourne.
It comes as earlier reports suggested that the Lions would not be trading their pick 4 in the national draft.

Sounds like it was directly lifted from this thread. SEN vet their sources well don't they? I think they do.

If this ends up being the case, it doesn't mean there wasn't any fire to begin with. Some of us heard some stuff that made us sit up (and when I say "us" I mean people who can smell BS when we, um, smell it) and think that there could be something in this. Some Brisbane posters got a bit carried away with all of this - the scars of last years departures are just below the surface. Some are just idiots. Same goes for some Collingwood posters (although I understand the defensive mindset that kick in situations like this).

But if he doesn't sign, see you same time next year? ;)

And we will assume the status quo until he does.

Probably fair enough.

Sounds like it was directly lifted from this thread. SEN vet their sources well don't they? I think they do.

If this ends up being the case, it doesn't mean there wasn't any fire to begin with. Some of us heard some stuff that made us sit up (and when I say "us" I mean people who can smell BS when we, um, smell it) and think that there could be something in this. Some Brisbane posters got a bit carried away with all of this - the scars of last years departures are just below the surface. Some are just idiots. Same goes for some Collingwood posters (although I understand the defensive mindset that kick in situations like this).

Probably fair enough.
Just admit it, you wet your collective pants, when some of us held their nerve.

Ahhh so Parker/Jack/JPK/Hanners and every other star they have aren't looking at pay rises anytime soon? Always laugh when people claim players retiring open up cap space on good teams, when most of that space is already accounted for with future contracts for the star players that actually make the team good in the first place.

Ahhh so Parker/Jack/JPK/Hanners and every other star they have aren't looking at pay rises anytime soon? Always laugh when people claim players retiring open up cap space on good teams, when most of that space is already accounted for with future contracts for the star players that actually make the team good in the first place.

Yes I am aware of the concept of future planning, but if Ryder ends up there, they clearly have the space.

Mitchell and Reid are both supposedly in play and on decent coin too.

Probably fair enough.

I don't recall seeing such "earlier reports". Haven't heard Swann, Leppitsch or Schwab make any such statement.

Nice big font though. Radical to the max man.

All recently re-signed, so no, wouldn't be looking at pay rises for another two or three years.

Could very well be signed on for price rises over the term of the contract as the older guys retire. E.g. Parker for $400k in 2014, $500k in 2015 and $600k in 2016.

If Sydney have Ryder szied cap room after Buddy and Tippett additions without getting rid of Mitchell/Reid, i'd be amazed.

He is not going to go to Brisbane he never was. I have said that all along I do not just suddenly think that because SEN told me that. The amount of players SEN say Collingwood are going to get is enormous most of it is callers trying to start a s**t storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back