Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Trust a collingwood supporter to threaten me. I'm surprised they give you internet access from the remand centre.

At least we here can actually talk with other supporters on our board...

and this post (along with barring all opposition supporters from thread on your board) just proves why Essendon supporters are incapable of talking with adults.

Enjoy your ban... don't worry school goes back on Tuesday.

MightyPies1

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Trust a collingwood supporter to threaten me. I'm surprised they give you internet access from the remand centre.

LMAO an Essendon supporter trolling opposition fans. You support Essendon some advice I have for you is just to go into hybernation, I'd stop following foorty and be forever shamed I was an Essendon supporter if I was one.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
I think that's what my contracts lecturer would have described as a mere "Invitation to treat".

it still managed to be more polite than anything to have come from Brisbane so far though.

.It's not really dinkum... the puffing up & beating the chest so far has been as amusing...the by-play before trade week..FWIW still believe a fair deal will be done.

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
LMAO an Essendon supporter trolling opposition fans. You support Essendon some advice I have for you is just to go into hybernation, I'd stop following foorty and be forever shamed I was an Essendon supporter if I was one.

Funny how he's here hey...

Eventually everyone needs to stop looking at a train wreck.

PhiloBeddoe

Premium Gold
Mar 5, 2008
Ma's house.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
None
only 13 you reckon
Haha!
two ways to respond
1) It was a typo so my response is.
Mate, you need to do something about that finger twitch which had you pressing the 1 button before the 3. Could be serious.
2) It was a troll so my response is
Feel good? Did you type that with one hand while the other was otherwise occupied? Now * off back to your own board, campaigner.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
GC have come out with a bit of a Claytons bid not really giving anything concrete.........that's hilarious....not really committing......we're sort of in the race if Brisbane aren't..

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014-10-02/suns-confirm-interest-in-malceski

Probably more Brisbane board material. I hazard a guess not one Collingwood supporter is interested in negative thoughts on another clubs involvement.

Hey guys, hope all is well.

Just an honest question, so please don't take this the wrong way.

Given that you weren't quite good enough to make the finals this year and now you're losing Beams, how long do you think the re-building phase will last for?

Having seen your follow up comment I'm skeptical about this question, but I'll take it on face value. The length of the rebuild probably depends on our onfield structure moving forward and leadership development.

If we get those two elements correct I think the rebuild will be quick (and quite possibly be already over pick wise), but those two elements could be a few years off or potentially be in place and running well by 2016...

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
.It's not really dinkum... the puffing up & beating the chest so far has been as amusing...the by-play before trade week..FWIW still believe a fair deal will be done.

Obviously you agree that a fair deal hasn't been proposed by Brisbane yet. What do you think would be a fair deal for Beams about to hit his prime?

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
No they actually pointed out that Brisbanes bid for Beams was a Claytons bid... and if Brisbane don't make a realistic bid that Collingwood should take then they will make a real offer.

Ashcroft just pointed out what we all knew... Pick 4... You're kidding yourselves!

Maybe and on denying pick 4 being good enough .Ashcroft didn't follow it up and give a definite bid to kick off the bidding wars....

MightyPies1

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha tips from Essendon fans how to re-build. (When was their last GF/Final win?) Surely a piss take. The thread needs some comedy though.

2004 was the last time that rabble even won a final. A joke of a club.

Their last premiership captain and Norm Smith medalist was the disgraced James Hird. Terrible footbal club. Enough said.

Toecrusher

All Australian
Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dayne Beams also wants a good trade deal for Collingwood.

Brisbane has to offer good compensation otherwise Beams will consider them as not appreciative of his talent.

I hope GC comes to the party and ruins Brisbane's chances.
Beams wants two things;
1 - Mega bucks
2 - No more Bucks (in my opinion)
In my view, if a deal with either QLD fails, a poor year for the pies might see item number 2 taken care of. That leaves the negotiation of a new contract having a chance of addressing item 1.
Sick dad (who is in remission and can't understand what the fuss about him is for) is just an excuse.
Beams shows every sign he couldn't give a rats toss bag about us and is all about money.

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Maybe and on denying pick 4 being good enough .Ashcroft didn't follow it up and give a definite bid to kick off the bidding wars....

Maybe Ashcroft might approach it like a professional should, instead of trying to negotiate through the press.

His comments just showed how stupid Brisbane look in all of this.

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
200 pages.

On one trade.

When the trade period hasn't even started yet.

Congratulations, BigFooty.

(Now, help us get the Darcy Moore thread to 200 by Monday. Our off-season will have then been a resounding success...:drunk::D)

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Obviously you agree that a fair deal hasn't been proposed by Brisbane yet. What do you think would be a fair deal for Beams about to hit his prime?

Yep...Pick 4 + another pick & maybe a fringe player.. that all depends on what happens with Merrett & Patful and what returns they get..

MightyPies1

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep...Pick 4 + another pick & maybe a fringe player.. that all depends on what happens with Merrett & Patful and what returns they get..

Problem is you won't get anything of great value for Merrett or Patful, well not sufficient anyway.

It will end up being pick 4 plus one of Mayes or Aish, especially once GC come into calculations.

SugarCoat

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Beamsy won't doublecross the club.
His family are appreciative what the club did for him after the 2010 GF.
Any threats of PSD aren't in the equation next year.
Board will only sign off on the deal if it is adequate compensation in their eyes.
Pick 4 & a fringe player is not adequate compensation in the football dept. and Board's eye.
Dayne and Paul Connors are aware of this.

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL

Happy with the Maybe's dude!

I see your point... but Collingwood will not be interested in a "fringe" player unless he's under the age of 21. Our fringe players recruited over the past 3 years have failed.

Your statement about another Pick... that pick has to be within the Top 30, otherwise it is no use as we will not have enough spots on our list to use all our Picks as it is.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Problem is you won't get anything of great value for Merrett or Patful, well not sufficient anyway.

It will end up being pick 4 plus one of Mayes or Aish, especially once GC come into calculations.

I wouldn't be using the returns on Merrett or Patfull in this trade.....more on having them in the bank for the academy or F/S's

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Happy with the Maybe's dude!

I see your point... but Collingwood will not be interested in a "fringe" player unless he's under the age of 21. Our fringe players recruited over the past 3 years have failed.

Your statement about another Pick... that pick has to be within the Top 30, otherwise it is no use as we will not have enough spots on our list to use all our Picks as it is.

Exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back