Dayne Beams trade

What's suitable

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Their should be an option for pick 4 and a quality player.

Pick 4 and Mayes(who had a worse season than his first).

Beams is a superstar coming into his prime, draft picks in the top 10 have about a 50% chance of being long term players and probably about a 10% - 15% chance of becoming a player like Beams. And the good money says that while Mayes should become a good player he most likely won't overtake Beams. So I don't think it's unrealistic at all.

Pick 4 for what was pick 29 in the 2008 draft, seems adequate compensation to me. Cant blame the Pies for chasing more, but that doesn't mean they'll get it.
Where he went in the draft means nothing. If you are going by that theory that's saying he was the 29th best player in his draft year, yet now he is top 15-20 in the entire league. Definitely worth pick 4 and a bit more.

Where he went in the draft means nothing. If you are going by that theory that's saying he was the 29th best player in his draft year, yet now he is top 15-20 in the entire league. Definitely worth pick 4 and a bit more.
I'm aware of the development the Pies put into Beams and he's worth far more than his original draft position. I hope they get more (and pick 4 already is a substantial jump) but I reckon the Lions will be playing hardball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 4 plus a very good player. A pick is a gamble even at that high selection.

For me Brisbane would be getting a fair deal if it was pick 4 plus Pearce Hanley as has been suggested.

Sure Hanley looks to be an excellent player but Beams is a whole different level.

If you want quality in your club Brisbane, then be prepared to part with some.

Pick 4 and that is all, He wants to leave and is worth a top 5 pick, but nothing more.

For me Brisbane would be getting a fair deal if it was pick 4 plus Pearce Hanley as has been suggested.

Sure Hanley looks to be an excellent player but Beams is a whole different level.

:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah..... no

lol

Beams >>>> Hanley

Beams >>>>>>>> Pick 4

Pies don't have to trade him but will probably do so on compassionate grounds. They shouldn't get stooged either. Beams is close enough to top 10 in the league player wise - certainly top 20. And still very young with a lot of football to be played. Picks, even No.1 selections, will never be worth an established star in the prime of his career.

The deal might get done for less than that, but the Pies will be accepting unders. If the Lions think pick 4 on its own is a realistic offer though, and fair restitution, then they really need to give themselves an upper cut.

The deal might get done for less than that...

No kidding, not a chance in hell of the Lions trading our best player (who you seemingly grossly underrate).

If the Lions think pick 4 on its own is a realistic offer though, and fair restitution, then they really need to give themselves an upper cut.

They don't.

If beams is desperate to get out and will leave next year anyway collingwood will take whats on offer. Hanley and 4 wont be that's for sure

He might leave next year and the Pies get nothing. Or his father may pass away in a few weeks and he decides he stays with the Pies after all and they miss out.

Beams wanting to leave isn't what determines what a fair trade is.

No kidding, not a chance in hell of the Lions trading our best player (who you seemingly grossly underrate.

It's not about under rating Hanley. It's about fairly rating Beams.

He might leave next year and the Pies get nothing. Or his father may pass away in a few weeks and he decides he stays with the Pies after all and they miss out.

Beams wanting to leave isn't what determines what a fair trade is.

It's not about under rating Hanley. It's about fairly rating Beams.

Quality post mate. o_O

Back