Dayne Beams (merged - latest "He could not stand the pressure)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly believe prefessionalism drives quality players out of clubs? Sorry but that's just a nonesensical notion and in any event based on a ridiculous assumption that Malthouse not as highly professional.

Whatever made Beams fall out of love with Collingwood I can't believe increased professionalism would have played any part in it and frankly I';d be surprised if the level of professionalism has changed to any material degree.
You're right, you would be.

Sure they can, but he was doing all the right things then. Funny how quickly the tide turns when no-one is watching. Still, his forward 50 bombing kicks and lack of defence isn't worth 800k per year at Collingwood, but you'll probably disagree.
He was our 3rd best player as judged by the coach and voting panel in his first full season after winning the B&F and he missed the last couple of games with injury. Your presumptions just don't make sense. As for being worth $800k, I'd say yes and I dout he was offered much less to stay. After Pendlebury and possibly Cloke who would be worth more over he next 4 years?

More importantly, had Beams not fallen out of love with Collinwgood it wouldn't have taken $800k for him to stay as it didn't last time he signed and talked about how much he owed Collingwood.

On basis can you assume it was Beams that changed and not Collingwood?

Yeah well, I think a few of us are familiar with Dayne being a lazy arse non committed to the hard yards. I reckon with his new mates and culture, things will drop off and that is why I am grateful that he is gone. Along with the high bombing kicks and lack of, well , you know , gut running and tackling.

Lazy and uncommitted people don't have a body as cut as Dayne Beams, nor do they poll 3rd in the Copeland (1st in 2012), nor do they get in the AA 40 (AA 22 in 2012) nor do they poll 16 Brownlow votes.

I loved him as a player from the time he started and he's a Premiership player, so that makes him unique.
His natural ability brought him all the accolades he received.
He was unable to commit to a more professional regimen and that's why he had a falling out with Bucks, (and 'cos his mates have gone).

My final words; he's clearly not committed as he's gone
How is Collingwood more professional and on what basis can you say Beams would have had the slightest issue if we were?

He was our 3rd best player as judged by the coach and voting panel in his first full season after winning the B&F and he missed the last couple of games with injury. Your presumptions just don't make sense.
1. Scott Pendlebury (165)
2. Steele Sidebottom (114)
3. Dayne Beams (112)
4. Heritier Lumumba (89)

Lazy and uncommitted people don't have a body as cut as Dayne Beams, nor do they poll 3rd in the Copeland (1st in 2012), nor do they get in the AA 40 (AA 22 in 2012) nor do they poll 16 Brownlow votes.

I am sure that you are well aware that people are built differently, right? Some are skinny and find it hard to put on muscle bulk, some are fat and find it hard to lose weight etc etc

3. Dayne Beams (112)
4. Heritier Lumumba (89)

How is Collingwood more professional and on what basis can you say Beams would have had the slightest issue if we were?

Leading Teams makes you answerable to your team-mates for a start.
I assume it would be a holistic approach encompassing not only your on-field performances but also ensuring you're doing the right thing off the field.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree and move on - this is after all supposed to be a toast:rolleyes:

Well, I'll toast Dayne for the player he was at the Pies. Absolute jet who seems to be seriously underrated by some of the media.
If Cotchin was leaving Richmond the media would be saying the Bears should give up all their draft picks and 10 players. Beams is simply a better player.
Having said that, my interest levels in his future career rate a big fat 0. He ain't wearing the Black & White.

(I'm in the Beams better than Thomas camp - goal kicking midfielder trumps the hard running winger).

I assume it would be a holistic approach encompassing not only your on-field performances but also ensuring you're doing the right thing off the field.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree and move on - this is after all supposed to be a toast:rolleyes:
Introducing Leading Teams does not equate to increased professionalism. A different philosophy on player power is just a different way of running aspects of being professional. The whole notion of a lack of prefessionalism under Malthouse doesn't make sense and believe me I am not Malthouse fan. There is no evidence whatsoever that anything is more professional nor that if it was it would have impacted on Beams. There is evidence he doesn't like or agree with leading teams and that he isn't the only one. Maybe he doesn't like the club because it is less professional. That is an equally made up but possible position.

Was flashier not better imo. Thomas did some freaky stuff. Beams was the consistent better player.

Dale Thomas was really consistent in that 2010-11 period. He also could defend which Beams can't. Dale Thomas at his best in 2010-11 was better than Beams IMO.

Well, I'll toast Dayne for the player he was at the Pies. Absolute jet who seems to be seriously underrated by some of the media.
If Cotchin was leaving Richmond the media would be saying the Bears should give up all their draft picks and 10 players. Beams is simply a better player.
Having said that, my interest levels in his future career rate a big fat 0. He ain't wearing the Black & White.

(I'm in the Beams better than Thomas camp - goal kicking midfielder trumps the hard running winger).
Interesting comparrison and I suspect you are corect. Beams is better than Cotchin at everything that is relevent to being a good footballer. So was Thomas for that matter pre injury. Pendlebury is miles ahead. Cotchin is a good player but at his best he would have been number 5 in our 2011/2012 midfield behind those 3 and Swan notwithstanding Swan's kicking deficiencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale Thomas was really consistent in that 2010-11 period. He also could defend which Beams can't. Dale Thomas at his best in 2010-11 was better than Beams IMO.
As someone suggested above, we could be like Brisbane, a team full of mid-fielders :rolleyes: or a team like Collingwood. All team players have a role to fill and in that era, Dale got my juices flowing and he didn't need help from the mid field. Kick in from defensive 50 up onto the wing and Dale mops up. Where is Dayne? Having a beer in the middle (lol) sic :)

As someone suggested above, we could be like Brisbane, a team full of mid-fielders :rolleyes: or a team like Collingwood. All team players have a role to fill and in that era, Dale got my juices flowing and he didn't need help from the mid field. Kick in from defensive 50 up onto the wing and Dale mops up. Where is Dayne? Having a beer in the middle (lol) sic :)
With respect, he was 20 at which time Thomas was a flakey half forward (as they all are at that age). Thomas wasn't even in the middle at that stage of his development. FWIW I am a big Thomas fan so I am not having a crack at him.

I've haven't really seen Dayne Beams spend too much time in the defensive 50 and I've never ever seen him in the oppositions goal square. Though I've seen Dale Thomas plenty of times at trying something desperate. Also I've never seen Beams kick a goal where he had to run from one end of the field to the other weather Thomas hoes done that on numerous occasions.

3. Dayne Beams (112)
4. Heritier Lumumba (89)

Have you ever stood next to Dayne Beams while he's in his training kit?

Trust me, nobody gets that way by having a stratospheric metabolism (or by being lazy)

Have you ever stood next to Dayne Beams while he's in his training kit?

Trust me, nobody gets that way by having a stratospheric metabolism (or by being lazy)
That's just your gaydar :) Did you see his uncut bod in that recent Miami photo? If someone has a copy of that recent Miami/Florida photo, please upload it. :thumbsu:

Leigh Brown (cut)
Collingwood+Magpies+Recovery+Session+pUHX5UG7XTxx.jpg

How's the difference.

582536-tony-liberatore.jpg

P.S That's a before photo (Collingwood) and an after photo (Bulldogs) pic of Leigh Brown. Hahaha (J/K)

Last edited:
Dayne is a good bloke and deserves to play near his dad. Just annoyed he didn't attend the Copeland with a great speech to see him off.

Probably bad advice from Connors.

Dayne is a good bloke and deserves to play near his dad. Just annoyed he didn't attend the Copeland with a great speech to see him off.

I don't doubt that, but playing near your family and demanding that you only play at Brisbane are 2 completely different issues. If he was fair dinkum he should have attended the Copeland and been happy to go to either GC or Brisbane allowing Collingwood some flexibility and bargaining power in the trade considering Contracts now days aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Brisbane by car to Bryon Bay is: 1h47m
GC to Bryon Bay by car is: 1h11m

Why not GC? Of course it will be closer to his dad, I reckon Collingwood would have taken unders to accommodate Dayne's reason for leaving the mighty Pies on a non expired contract.

Was flashier not better imo. Thomas did some freaky stuff. Beams was the consistent better player.

Yeah, but Daisy shone much brighter in the big games and the big moments in games. In 2010 and 2011, whenever The Pies went a bit flat and were starting to struggle, Daisy upped his intensity to Spinal Tap levels and lifted the Pies.

Leading teams are amateur shrinks dressed up as pros. Can't wait for them to go

Agree Dale was great in 2010 and 2011 with his defensive pressure. He was the main player who applied the forward pressure. Was also flashy and freaky more so in 2011. I can see your point of view now that I think about it. I will call them equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back