Dayne Beams (merged - latest "He could not stand the pressure)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, silly Brisbane supporters. Not content with getting their man, they have to resort to being spoilt little 5y.o brats.

Just like their players.

Beams wanted to move to a different company and then didn't go to a social function at the company he was leaving. I know that I've done the same thing a couple of times. People are carrying on as though he ate an unborn foetus.

Sorry but you need to compare "apples with apples".

Brisbane is not even in the same universe to Collingwood.

My apologies if you don't feel the same!

P.S What was so hard about giving your Club that you won a premiership with 3 more hours of your life??????
It's a pretty simple answer to me anyway. The diffrenence is I grew up with different morals.

Was my favorite player. Had a few to many beers today and got to reminiscing about the good times we had.

Should stay off eBay...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DAYNE-BEAMS-HAND-SIGNED-COLLINGWOOD-JUMPER-CoA-/281469292468?nma=true&si=phfCK1OWR4vCojHTETuU0GiGRVI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

No idea what im gonna do with it

Oh dear. $149 - is that cheap? Disgruntled Pies fan selling off his signed Beams jumper, bought by nostalgic BF poster after a few too many.:(

Question is, will it go up or down in value?

Oh dear. $149 - is that cheap? Disgruntled Pies fan selling off his signed Beams jumper, bought by nostalgic BF poster after a few too many.:(

Question is, will it go up or down in value?

A jersey from the Westpac Center cost around $120 so a signed one for $150 isnt so bad. Will probably frame it.

Value could go up or down, depends how many brownlows he can pull at Brisbane.

The bloke is a pig just took the money and ran, it should be a roast thread. He destroyed our bargaining position so we got ****ed over by the Lions and ended up scrambling for chump change. He tells the club he will not be attending the BnF because he is in Queensland with the old man then photos are taken of him at the Harp. He is full of s**t, his dad overcame cancer 9 months ago sad yes but it is not the same as the story circulated by him and his manager that he wants to be with his critically ill dad. He always claimed loyalty was one of his values and he sold that out for the cash

welcome to the new era of AFL

you can't blame players for wanting more power, especially given the way clubs have treated some of them over the years

Happy to see Daynes image has been replaced out the front of the Westpac Centre overlooking the ATM. Billy doesn't look as menacing but I'd happily stare at him all day.

Huge toast to Dayne. Elite player of the competition and couldn't be happier to see him line up for Brisbane next year. All the best to Crispy, will be a very good player for Collingwood. Upgrade on Clinton Young and will be in your best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge toast to Dayne. Elite player of the competition and couldn't be happier to see him line up for Brisbane next year. All the best to Crispy, will be a very good player for Collingwood. Upgrade on Clinton Young and will be in your best 22.
And yet you still don't have any key forwards and not sure how many key defenders.

But you got a very good one way mid on massive money which was last thing you needed.

This may end up worse for your club than the fev trade.

Clinton Young won a premiership for Hawthorn. Jack Crisp was barely best 22 in a side finishing bottom 8. How the * is Crisp an upgrade on Young?

And yet you still don't have any key forwards and not sure how many key defenders.

But you got a very good one way mid on massive money which was last thing you needed.

This may end up worse for your club than the fev trade.

I think we'll be ok. We have an elite midfield and some very promising young key position players at both ends. We have plenty of money in our cap and we will be adding an elite key position forward next year. Can't wait for Round 1 when we play you at the Gabba next year. All the best for 2015.

Clinton Young won a premiership for Hawthorn. Jack Crisp was barely best 22 in a side finishing bottom 8. How the **** is Crisp an upgrade on Young?

No your right, what was I thinking. Jack Crisp does have a great set of hands though.

I think we'll be ok. We have an elite midfield and some very promising young key position players at both ends. We have plenty of money in our cap and we will be adding an elite key position forward next year. Can't wait for Round 1 when we play you at the Gabba next year. All the best for 2015.
Yeah you will be ok. An insignificant club in a state where nobody cares, with a younger better looking competitor.

All the best to you too.

You do realise that you need to pay 95% of your cap every year. You just added a player valued at $800'000, and other players not on cheap bucks. Your cap rooms cooked you just spent it all this year.

And you midfield is over rated (if that's even possible).

This is your premiership side... Good luck

I get banned from the BL board, but these immature tools continue to bombard our board....go figure...o_O

For me the loss of Beams isn't as damaging as it could have been a few years ago. While we will undoubtedly miss his offensive prowess, especially around goals, his defensive pressure was woefully inadequate and costly for us for large parts of the year. While he did find plenty of the ball, his opponents did at a similar rate as he did. We need midfielders who are willing to apply defensive pressure, and most have learnt to do that (especially Sidebottom). So despite his Judas like actions, in my view, the lions picked up a down hill skiing midfielder who doesn't chase.

For me the loss of Beams isn't as damaging as it could have been a few years ago. While we will undoubtedly miss his offensive prowess, especially around goals, his defensive pressure was woefully inadequate and costly for us for large parts of the year. While he did find plenty of the ball, his opponents did at a similar rate as he did. We need midfielders who are willing to apply defensive pressure, and most have learnt to do that (especially Sidebottom). So despite his Judas like actions, in my view, the lions picked up a down hill skiing midfielder who doesn't chase.

I think you'll find his defensive pressure will improve remarkably next year. Sounds like he was just going through the motions this year. Shame, you want a player to give their heart and soul for the jumper every time they play.

I think you'll find his defensive pressure will improve remarkably next year. Sounds like he was just going through the motions this year. Shame, you want a player to give their heart and soul for the jumper every time they play.
Are you lost? This is the Collingwood board, I am sure on the Brisbane board you would find like minded souls....:rolleyes:

Only if that 'jumper' is a Collingwood guernsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back