De-listed players

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Who can you see getting another shot at the big time?

- Jacob Brennan (28 games) plays with a lot of heart and passion but just not good enough sadly. I remember reading a few weeks ago on the afl website that Melbourne may pick him up.

- Adam Carter (7 games) only lasted a couple of years at the eagles and was fairly unnoticed. Would have to ask another poster about his wafl form but can't really see any other clubs giving him a second shot.

- Ashley Smith (45 games) in the early days some folks around here were posting that he had potential to hold a regular spot in our team however I personally never saw anything special. He moved up forward in the wafl this year and did pretty well which I think could help him get another chance somewhere even if just as a backup forward when someone else goes down with injury. He apparently has good pace but I never saw it when he played for us.

- Blayne Wilson (9 games) we gave him a fair bit of time to show something but alas it all came to an end. Doesn't seem to have any standout traits that would interest other teams.

Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Who can you see getting another shot at the big time?

- Jacob Brennan (28 games) plays with a lot of heart and passion but just not good enough sadly. I remember reading a few weeks ago on the afl website that Melbourne may pick him up.

- Adam Carter (7 games) only lasted a couple of years at the eagles and was fairly unnoticed. Would have to ask another poster about his wafl form but can't really see any other clubs giving him a second shot.

- Ashley Smith (45 games) in the early days some folks around here were posting that he had potential to hold a regular spot in our team however I personally never saw anything special. He moved up forward in the wafl this year and did pretty well which I think could help him get another chance somewhere even if just as a backup forward when someone else goes down with injury. He apparently has good pace but I never saw it when he played for us.

- Blayne Wilson (9 games) we gave him a fair bit of time to show something but alas it all came to an end. Doesn't seem to have any standout traits that would interest other teams.

Zero chance for any of them.

Jul 15, 2012
Best country in the world
AFL Club
West Coast
Ashley has some real talent that we failed to tap into, so perhaps he could do well at another club, although the others careers are pretty much dead and buried now as far as i'm concerned. I'm actually surprised Carter got delisted since i thought the club saw him as a long term prospect and one who could replace Glass.

Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Ashley has some real talent that we failed to tap into, so perhaps he could do well at another club, although the others careers are pretty much dead and buried now as far as i'm concerned. I'm actually surprised Carter got delisted since i thought the club saw him as a long term prospect and one who could replace Glass.

What?

???

Did we have two carters on our list? The one I know wasn't ever going to be a glass refill

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
I did like. Carter and thought he was solid in most of his games ,don't know why he wasn't given similar time to a lot if other guys that just sat on the list going nowhere .
Maybe a new regime that if consistent now , is good to keep bringing players through and giving guys a chance at least .

mick06

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United; San D uh LA Chargers
OK is not good enough. I wouldn't say any of these guys could offer anything valuable to another club and don't have or deserve a future in the AFL

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Carter looked OK in the few games he played but he's a bit one dimensional and Jamie Bennell being de-Melbourned just gave us a better option.

Yeah carter looked solid wasn't embarrassed by any opponents at Afl level .
Hardly his fault that he was drafted and than delisted after 2 yrs he had accomplished more than say Colledge or Newman .

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah carter looked solid wasn't embarrassed by any opponents at Afl level .
Hardly his fault that he was drafted and than delisted after 2 yrs he had accomplished more than say Colledge or Newman .

Yeah it surprised me as he was very good in the WAFL last year and didn't look out of place in the games he did get at AFL level. We do have to many of the same player so i guess i can see why he was cut. A bit like Ryan Davis i guess after 09 when he played some decent footy but was never missed once he was delisted.

Prem87

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Does delisting Carter indicate we are going to pick up Clem Smith? Or even a player like Rainbow to play as a BP?

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Does delisting Carter indicate we are going to pick up Clem Smith? Or even a player like Rainbow to play as a BP?
It's very rare these days you have a player who only plays back pocket. We have all of Butler, Waters, Schoefield, Hurn, Brown, McGinnity, Yeo who can and do play as a back pocket

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Carter might get re-rookied after a couple of solid years in the WAFL, a la Vanilla Bean Hutchings aka Big Tones.

Pottering

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Redlegs), Hiroshima Carp
If we could have combined Brennan's enthusiasm and dash with Smith's talent then we would have had a player. Both were lacking the other's strength and after a few years it was obvious nothing was going to change.

Rainbow would be wasted as a back pocket. But hey, if it meant the club chooses to get him, he can play anywhere he wants for all i care.

Back