Final Curtain Call - Extinct Actors

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Very sad at the passing of Shirley Temple. I remember first watching some of her movies in the late '60s. Being around 5 or 6 at the time, I thought she was the bee's knees & I had no idea at that stage the movies had been made a good 30+ years before hand.

RIP Shirley Temple.

Same msr.

We are showing our age.

Those were the days.
B & W TV, Shirley Temple, The Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges, Abbott & Costello!

Same msr.

We are showing our age.

Those were the days.
B & W TV, Shirley Temple, The Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges, Abbott & Costello!
And these days we are stuck with the Kardashians and all the rest of the reality tv ilk...

I wonder if we can swap the Kardashians for the Marx Brothers and Abbott and Costello... and Shirley of course.

I'm in the same boat as MSR... watched her back in the late 60s as well at about the same age... thought she was great.

And it just made me realise that my nan would have been 97 this year...

Plenty of threads for that special brand of condescension numbers. This isn't one of them though. Live and let live.

61 acting credits until her 30s and went on to make her mark as U.S. Chief of Protocol, U.S. Ambassador to Czechoslovakia, Delegate to the United Nations, Recipient of Kennedy Center Honors, U.S. Ambassador to Ghana.

It's more about the nation's psyche at the time she was around I think. She is known as the greatest child star of all time.

I reckon that's worth a few lines in a thread on a forum if people see fit.

Then make your ******* point........

An Actor is dead, and i have to laud them..

Montgomery Clift is the greatest actor of all time................ pre-accident of course.

Rein in the aggression mate. I don't deserve it and it's not the first time you have lashed out for not getting your way. My point is this is a thread where people relay information about actors that have passed away and generally pay respects if they had any for that actor.

You don't and that is your right. You have no obligation to laud anyone, but you also aren't compelled to post anything. Don't put it in here. You have to know if someone has paid their respects, then you are only antagonising them. The site is bigger than the individual yada yada yada.

^^^^^^

Nah, you get the shits because of the way I post, have no idea why, but you seem to take it personally.

and this has gone on for 10 years................

Not sure where you get that from. I respond to anybody in a moderator capacity and seemingly you don't like to be moderated. Unfortunately mate, you will be moderated from time to time, as will anybody. No special favours.

I'm just asking you not to question other people's decisions to pay tribute to someone who is deceased as it is not the place for it. Then I get hostility and claims of a vendetta. It's bizarre.

We have a pretty good relationship for the most part, but once in a while you like to take people on over something trivial. Let it go. It's just not that important.

Back