The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved all colabs save 'Dancing In The Street'. I can't watch the film clip without vomiting blood.

Should probably get that looked at.
Even MPJ's awful lip-syncing aside, vid was dreadfully tepid.

I've read a lot of articles on the net today. I love the loyalty of those close to him. The nutters (of the Media) never had a chance to turn it into a circus. I was shocked by the suddenness of it all but I would have been saddened to see his privacy abused in these circumstances. I also found it interesting that his record company had no idea that he was producing albums for release. Just dropped off the masters with the promotional stuff and said knock yourself out.

The new album sounds great. The title track 'Blackstar' runs for 9.59. The clip is awesome. The song has so many twists and turns it draws you in to this wonderful swirling vibe. I've got to get a copy but its gotta be plastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always felt that if I didn't like a Bowie track it was because there was probably something wrong with me.
Few movies made me shed a tear pre kids
Dead poets society was one
But
Merry Christmas mr Lawrence was another
Great musician but also great actor and artist

Have been watching a couple of great Bowie docos today. Also yesterday RTRfm (independent radio station) had a great tribute to Bowie for a hour in the morning then in the afternoon another presenter tribute her whole show to Bowei, then another community radio station I listen to did one in the afternoon starting way back in the 60s when he went under his real name of David Jones, sounded a lot like his idol Chuck Berry.

Absolutely loved Ziggy Stardust probably my favourite era of Bowie and off course Heroes, that would have to be one of my favourite songs.

Loved him in Labyrinth.

There is some good viewing on I view at the moment.

I hadn't touched my guitar in ages. It leans against the wall in my bedroom gathering dust. I picked it up tonight and started playing the intro and the first verse to Ziggy Stardust. I've still got it. Now where is that ******* song book.

I
There is some good viewing on I view at the moment.

I hadn't touched my guitar in ages. It leans against the wall in my bedroom gathering dust. I picked it up tonight and started playing the intro and the first verse to Ziggy Stardust. I've still got it. Now where is that ******* song book.
did the same but ended up playing cure songs???

I'm still bloody flat about this today. I've always been a bit of an odd one out, and Bowie was the best of all the odd ones out in the world.

Yep, he made it okay to be different...

Rebel Rebel ;)

Last edited:
How good is that Aladdin Sane album, just love it.

Moving into Hunky Dory now :hearts:
Dory and David Live and Ziggie and Diamond Dogs and Changes and........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back