Roast Dealing with TOLL who have delivered my order to someone else

Remove this Banner Ad

Now even Dick Smith are adamant someone signed for it.

WTF is going on? I DON'T HAVE THE ITEM, IF I HAD THE ITEM I WOULDNT BE TAKING s**t THIS FAR.

Sigh, I don't even want my item at this point, just give me my money back....

They are trying to get away with not Paying It.

Sounds like something very Dodgy Happened at TOLL then.

Someone trying to get Free Stuff from Dick Smiths?

Surely the van and or electronic signature pad thingy may have GPS to match time/address of delivery?? How you would retrieve that info I've got no idea.

You should have a tracking number which you can enter into the TOLL website which will show despatch, travel and delivery and then the electronic signature confirming receipt.

Take a screenshot of that signature and the signature on your license to show it's not your signature. If the signature is there you know someone else has signed for it and therefore stolen it.

I think there is an option to insure your delivery which you may or may not have paid in your shipping cost. It's a fairly pissy item to steal though a joystick but the driver could well have gone to the wrong address and some dishonest person has pretended to be you and signed for it to see what it was.

I'm surprised Dick Smith hasn't resolved to send you a new one as an act of goodwill. TOLL can't replace the item but matching signatures may get them to at least admit delivery was made to the wrong address and maybe they can contact the driver.

You should have a tracking number which you can enter into the TOLL website which will show despatch, travel and delivery and then the electronic signature confirming receipt.

Take a screenshot of that signature and the signature on your license to show it's not your signature. If the signature is there you know someone else has signed for it and therefore stolen it.

I think there is an option to insure your delivery which you may or may not have paid in your shipping cost. It's a fairly pissy item to steal though a joystick but the driver could well have gone to the wrong address and some dishonest person has pretended to be you and signed for it to see what it was.

I'm surprised Dick Smith hasn't resolved to send you a new one as an act of goodwill. TOLL can't replace the item but matching signatures may get them to at least admit delivery was made to the wrong address and maybe they can contact the driver.

There is no signature on the Toll tracking number.

Last I heard from Dick Smith was they'll get back to me regarding a signature, that was 1 and a half days ago.

I'm now in the process of speaking to consumer affairs.

There is no signature on the Toll tracking number.

Last I heard from Dick Smith was they'll get back to me regarding a signature, that was 1 and a half days ago.

I'm now in the process of speaking to consumer affairs.

They be in no rush. Be Different IF they want something from you

They be in no rush. Be Different IF they want something from you

I have upgraded my PayPal dispute into a claim, Dick Smith has until the 18th of July to respond to it otherwise PayPal will review it and i'll more than likely get my money back.

For all this trouble, I should be getting my money back AND my item though...

I have upgraded my PayPal dispute into a claim, Dick Smith has until the 18th of July to respond to it otherwise PayPal will review it and i'll more than likely get my money back.

For all this trouble, I should be getting my money back AND my item though...

IF you get your Money back. Will you just buy it again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JB Hifi.

Wouldn't touch EB with a 4 foot pole, everything there is overpriced.

I could say the same thing about JB Hi Fi. Though I am just looking at there Games and DVD's

I could say the same thing about JB Hi Fi. Though I am just looking at there Games and DVD's

I still won't forget the experience I had a couple of years ago where cod4 was the most popular out there. Eb wanted $100 for it. I ended up walking down to JB and getting it for $69

I still won't forget the experience I had a couple of years ago where cod4 was the most popular out there. Eb wanted $100 for it. I ended up walking down to JB and getting it for $69

You are Lucky.

I actually find the Cheapest I gone to has been K-Mart and Big W but they have a crap Video Game section

You are Lucky.

I actually find the Cheapest I gone to has been K-Mart and Big W but they have a crap Video Game section

Target are pretty good too.
Ended up getting gta5 on release date for $60

You're right though, since they don't primarily sell games their selection is crap

I do quite a bit of Ebay bulk buy/selling and found >

Just go higher... (Both companies) Internet forms are your friend as they usually are linked to staff that can liason with area managers etc...

Another good tool if not abused is Facebook because of the vast audience but it has to be worded right so as to ensure a prompt reaction...

You will get a response fairly fast as big business hate negative exposure

Beware ebay free post though... Thats straight up russian roulette without options...

Only last week I had a stand off with Toll and fortunately the seller got involved on the incident... Courier didnt even come to front door, dumped a pick up card and bolted, then refused to bring it back but all on camera...

Rang depot... nup.... filled out re issue form... nup... phoned head office toting footage and seller details... pakage arrives 20 minutes later... ;)

Last edited:
i assume this was the 20% off on ebay sale ?

i purchased something thru that sale too, and when i saw it was TOLL delivering, immediately changed to click and collect.
delivery was only $5 extra, but with TOLL involved, no chance.

It was during the time the sale was on, but I went directly through the Dick Smith website because I had just missed the sale by hours and Dick Smith still had it going on their website. (The wheel was $140 instead of $199)

I've never had much luck with Toll, they seem to be one of the laziest companies going.

I do quite a bit of Ebay bulk buy/selling and found >

Just go higher... (Both companies) Internet forms are your friend as they usually are linked to staff that can liason with area managers etc...

Another good tool if not abused is Facebook because of the vast audience but it has to be worded right so as to ensure a prompt reaction...

You will get a response fairly fast as big business hate negative exposure

Beware ebay free post though... Thats straight up russian roulette without options...

Only last week I had a stand off with Toll and fortunately the seller got involved on the incident... Courier didnt even come to front door, dumped a pick up card and bolted, then refused to bring it back but all on camera...

Rang depot... nup.... filled out re issue form... nup... phoned head office toting footage and seller details... pakage arrives 20 minutes later... ;)

I'm trying my best with Dick Smith via Email however they seem to have ignored me.
I've got someone that knows a good lawyer who dabbles into this kind of stuff, so they're giving him a ring.

Email can be too passive and dismissed if someone is trying to cover things up because of a stuff up but u have to try there first and start creating a record to submit... even call a different area depot (I'd choose a capital linking depot) and ask of a way to managment as your getting ansi and considering a consumers case...

You will be suprised at the cooperation if they deem the act as tarnishing the Brand... they hate others making them look bad...

Showing them you understand the consumer laws is quite the magic bullet. ;)

Email can be too passive and dismissed if someone is trying to cover things up because of a stuff up but u have to try there first and start creating a record to submit... even call a different area depot (I'd choose a capital linking depot) and ask of a way to managment as your getting ansi and considering a consumers case...

You will be suprised at the cooperation if they deem the act as tarnishing the Brand... they hate others making them look bad...

Showing them you understand the consumer laws is quite the magic bullet. ;)

Thanks for coming over here and giving me advice, much appreciated. I've never had to deal with anything like this before so it's quite a new experience.
Just can't believe the crap I have to go through for a stupid 'toy' as some people would call it.

One last thing... use Paypal... as a buyer uve got 21 days to punch on before their funds clear, they get charged handling fees and you usually get credited back pending your report but remember to correspond with seller through Paypal, not ancillary... dealing with China I wont pay any other way...

good luck :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back