News Dean Warren Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez plenty of negativity for Dean Warren on here from people who probably have no idea what he actually did on a daily basis and what his KPI's would have been. No doubt plenty just guessing what he did and assuming he wasn't up to it.

Easy to assume he was underachieving just because of the clubs position, not necessarily accurate though.

Jeez plenty of negativity for Dean Warren on here from people who probably have no idea what he actually did on a daily basis and what his KPI's would have been. No doubt plenty just guessing what he did and assuming he wasn't up to it.

Easy to assume he was underachieving just because of the clubs position, not necessarily accurate though.
I don't know what he actually did, but he was probably bad at it and I'm glad he's gone!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think he can be blamed for our situation , thanks dean for your commitment and service to the lions

Cheers mate
Anyone be can be blamed you're just not being irrational enough. Put his hand up at a tough time for the club and always seemed a nice bloke. Given his role is one where we don't really know what he did its hard to comment any further buy he didn't shirk the role when we needed someone and that gets him a thumb up from me

The timing is interesting. I think jackess is right that he knew his cards were marked and just pulled the pin.

I wonder whether there was a calculated judgment that whoever we have in mind to replace him will be better at dealing with a particular recruitment/retention issue we have ongoing, or whether we were surprised by Deano going now?

EDIT: Nevermind, read the article properly. The timing is no longer interesting.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it says he is leaving end of season, so he is seeing out the year. Just getting it out in the open so everyone can move forward. He can start searching for his next position, the club is clear that he wont be going on next year. We still have him til end of season though.

I wish him all the best.

Pretty sure it says he is leaving end of season, so he is seeing out the year. Just getting it out in the open so everyone can move forward. He can start searching for his next position, the club is clear that he wont be going on next year. We still have him til end of season though.

I wish him all the best.

You're right. Brain freeze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did Dean Warren do at the club? It was a genuine question not a cheap shot at him. I'm generally lost at what a general football manager does? He just oversees the running of the club, or?...

A very genuine and dedicated clubman. Of course I am unable to comment on his day to day performance,but I had one telling interaction. When I mentioned in passing that my son, a state rep. in two sports had had his elbow smashed there were calls from two lions champs that week, to encourage him.

I might be able to find out soon whether Dean's exit from the Lions was voluntary or forced, although I'm not sure why it would be so hard to believe that there just might be better career options out there for someone like him......

I really have no idea whether Dean was good at his job or not (though I strongly suspect he was), but I can certainly confirm that he's a great bloke and I wish him all of the best with whatever he does next.

Lambert could certainly be an option. I've heard some rumors he'll be back with us for next year. Didn't hear anything about a GM of Football Role though.

I think the time was right for both Warren and the club to part ways.

I think this could play a big role in it.

It's tempting to assume that any time someone moves on it's a damning criticism of the job they've done or a dramatic exit from a sinking ship. I reckon it is just as likely that he's done the job for a fair while and both we and he could benefit by change.

What did Dean Warren do at the club? It was a genuine question not a cheap shot at him. I'm generally lost at what a general football manager does? He just oversees the running of the club, or?...
It's a fair enough question. Usually the general manager does all the work while the CEO goes to lunches and conferences. But seriously, in a poor club like ours he probably does everything but peel the oranges and run out on game day.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back