Roast Dear Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

I said this .....

ok it took you a while..... So Vickery(1.1 goals a game) plays in the 2's whilst Hampson(.5 goals a game) plays as a forward.... rightio....

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1735&tid2=15&pid2=3114&type=T&fid1=C&fid2=C

Then you said this

I said Griffiths forward.

You are genuinely an idiot.

Yes I under stand you would play Hampson Jackr and Griffith.... I was making the point that Vickery is a better forward than hampson... and you think I'm the idiot?????

So reading betwennyour blurred lines.... I am assuming you are rotating maric and Hampson as the third forward... leaving Griffith and jackr as permanent forwards whilst Vickery plays in the 2's ... a simple yes and no would be fine.

yer and have a look at Hampsons time on ground _RT_ 90% ..... why do you think that???? because the interchange is not a place to hide players like Hamspin.... its to rest midfielders who are busting their guts.... its to optimize rotations. ... what you are suggesting is playing 1 man down on rotations. ...LMAO
I think you need to realise just what Hampson & Marics role is as the THIRD tall forward. Because reading your posts it's like you're expecting them to be 2-3 goals a week forwards. That isn't their role. Their role will be to provide us structure, to make an opposition player accountable for someone rather than zoning off and doubling up on Jack, to kick a goal or 2 if the opportunity presents and to give our midfielders an armchair ride when on the ball. Hampson and Maric are 2 different type of ruckmen. Hampson is the athletic type who can jump over the top of his opposition ruck and put the ball where his midfielders are best placed. Maric is the bash and crash ruck who goes about it best when he is bashing into his opponent and throwing his weight around. They will compliment each other when played together, at the moment we're getting Hampson with help from a forward giving relief. Before we write off the notion of them playing together perhaps we wait and have a look at how they perform together. You just never know.

That ain't gonna happen, the whole idea of them playing together was for Marix to go down forward more and Hampson to take over the ruck duties to extend Marics career because of his groins , the only problem here is Hampson provides nothing after a tap out. You reckon Maric would of let Macaffer do that to Cotchin last week. I know there were other team mates that let Cotch down but Hampson is the biggest player on the ground rucking against 2 twenty year olds .
Exactly the plan is for Maric and Hampson to share the ruck duties, Maric providing the bash and crash aspect and Hampson to then jump over the top and use his athleticism around the ground. Now I'll admit that right now Hampson is not having the greatest impact around the ground, but I believe that as he becomes more familiar with the structures that we play with he'll learn where he need to position himself to have an impact.

Stop toeing the company line RT and be fair dinkum. You know footy mate and this is an obvious recruiting blunder just as Thomas is as he's too slow and can't kick over 15 m.
Until it's shown that Hampson and Maric can't work together in the side I'll toe the company line, not sure how people can write the tactic off before they have even seen the 2 players in revolves around play together.

When your at a game next do yourself a favour and watch Hammer and by half time you will want to throttle the poor bloke. By full time you'll just plain feel sorry for the goofy bastard and your blood will be boiling at Hardwick and Blair for taking such a project on. He's got 3 years , we gave away a second rounder to get him , this project is going to go way over time and way above budget . Thank god we have McBean , Elton , Griff and Vickery coming through .
To be perfectly honest I'm not fussed in the slightest if Hampson runs around all game and get no more than 10 disposals, that's not his job. His job is to win the hitouts and to give our midfielders first crack at winning the clearance. Right now he is providing that in spades. As I said the more he plays with us the more he will learn and understand our structures and where he needs to be to have the best impact around the ground. I also think that when he has Maric in the side and isn't being asked to play 80% of the game on the ball with only short breaks up forward, he be in much better shape to get around the ground when on the ball. I know it sounds like excuses, but as I said to Nut above, I'm not sure how anyone can write off the plan when we haven't had a chance to see it in action.

Once we do see it in action and it does or doesn't work then we can either write it off or marvel at how it has made a difference to the way we play.

Yes I under stand you would play Hampson Jackr and Griffith.... I was making the point that Vickery is a better forward than hampson... and you think I'm the idiot?????

Yes Vickery is a better forward than Hampson -- I never suggested otherwise.

I called you an idiot -- and I apologise for that, it was out of order-- due to frustration given that you keep critiquing me for things I never suggested --like the idea that Hampson is a better forward than TV.

So, bottom line, I'd like to see how Maric, Hampson, and Griff would work instead of Hampson, TV, and Griff.

I can live with any discomfort you might feel with the suggestion.

Oh, and I will only add that I did say that I don't much care if Hampson is the third tall. It could be Maric, Griff, and TV for all I care --so no need for you to be so frantic about Hampson.

I think the match comitee have tv competing with griffifths not hampson for a spot... And at this stage griff has him

Yeah but if Hampson doesn't start getting a kick then the match Committee will have no option to have Vickery competing with Hampson for a spot . I would of prefered Vickery rucking the entire game to Hampson on Thursday night.

I think you need to realise just what Hampson & Marics role is as the THIRD tall forward. Because reading your posts it's like you're expecting them to be 2-3 goals a week forwards. That isn't their role. Their role will be to provide us structure, to make an opposition player accountable for someone rather than zoning off and doubling up on Jack, to kick a goal or 2 if the opportunity presents and to give our midfielders an armchair ride when on the ball. Hampson and Maric are 2 different type of ruckmen. Hampson is the athletic type who can jump over the top of his opposition ruck and put the ball where his midfielders are best placed. Maric is the bash and crash ruck who goes about it best when he is bashing into his opponent and throwing his weight around. They will compliment each other when played together, at the moment we're getting Hampson with help from a forward giving relief. Before we write off the notion of them playing together perhaps we wait and have a look at how they perform together. You just never know.

Exactly the plan is for Maric and Hampson to share the ruck duties, Maric providing the bash and crash aspect and Hampson to then jump over the top and use his athleticism around the ground. Now I'll admit that right now Hampson is not having the greatest impact around the ground, but I believe that as he becomes more familiar with the structures that we play with he'll learn where he need to position himself to have an impact.

Until it's shown that Hampson and Maric can't work together in the side I'll toe the company line, not sure how people can write the tactic off before they have even seen the 2 players in revolves around play together.

To be perfectly honest I'm not fussed in the slightest if Hampson runs around all game and get no more than 10 disposals, that's not his job. His job is to win the hitouts and to give our midfielders first crack at winning the clearance. Right now he is providing that in spades. As I said the more he plays with us the more he will learn and understand our structures and where he needs to be to have the best impact around the ground. I also think that when he has Maric in the side and isn't being asked to play 80% of the game on the ball with only short breaks up forward, he be in much better shape to get around the ground when on the ball. I know it sounds like excuses, but as I said to Nut above, I'm not sure how anyone can write off the plan when we haven't had a chance to see it in action.

Once we do see it in action and it does or doesn't work then we can either write it off or marvel at how it has made a difference to the way we play.

Its called watching Hampson plod his way through 67 games and playing last chunks up forward and bluntly being a dud as a forward.

Yes Vickery is a better forward than Hampson -- I never suggested otherwise.

I called you an idiot -- and I apologise for that, it was out of order-- due to frustration given that you keep critiquing me for things I never suggested --like the idea that Hampson is a better forward than TV.

So, bottom line, I'd like to see how Maric, Hampson, and Griff would work instead of Hampson, TV, and Griff.

I can live with any discomfort you might feel with the suggestion.

Oh, and I will only add that I did say that I don't much care if Hampson is the third tall. It could be Maric, Griff, and TV for all I care --so no need for you to be so frantic about Hampson.

Ok cool... you want to Try Hampson in Vickery's spot.... or around there somewhere. I dont.... I want to let Griffith continue to develope as a Forward/Ruck you will be denying him that at the expense of Hampson who will offer us very little as the third Tall.

Its called watching Hampson plod his way through 67 games and playing last chunks up forward and bluntly being a dud as a forward.
Once again Nut, what was Hampsons role in those games at Carlton where he was playing forward?

and

what will his role be when playing forward for us?

Yeah but if Hampson doesn't start getting a kick then the match Committee will have no option to have Vickery competing with Hampson for a spot . I would of prefered Vickery rucking the entire game to Hampson on Thursday night.
No they won't use Ty as the second ruck... Even though I actually agree that's what I'd do... When maric comes back I think it'll be maric hampson reiwoldt and one of tv/griff.

Ok cool... you want to Try Hampson in Vickery's spot.... or around there somewhere. I dont.... I want to let Griffith continue to develope as a Forward/Ruck you will be denying him that at the expense of Hampson who will offer us very little as the third Tall.
I've seen plenty of people bitch and moan about how we took Griffiths, who was a forward when recruited, and tried to make him a backman. Now that he has played a few handy games as backup for Hampson/Orren people want to take him from playing as a permanent forward and turn him into a back up ruck. How about we just play Griffiths where he can be the most damaging and have the most impact and that is as a lead up CHF, where he can give us that mark clunking CHF we've be crying out for.

Once again Nut, what was Hampsons role in those games at Carlton where he was playing forward?

and

what will his role be when playing forward for us?

and why is not still at Carlton??? why was he dropped by Malthouse last years by round 6? How many times did he fail in that role under Ratten??? a career high of 3 goasl against GWS in 2012.... He has taken 1 inside 50 mark this season despite playing 90% game time and resting forward for large chunks whilst Griffith is let lose in the ruck.????? his role will be rucking in the 2's whilst Maric and Griffith are fit.

Great post RT and very well thought out as always but the coaching staff have just thrown the 3 tall forward attack in the bin in desperation to get a win. They are not going to let Hampson run around there like a chook with his head chopped off letting the ball come out quicker than it came in. If they do I'm sure they'll send him off for surgery to get those oven mits removed , I really want to know what's so special about our development coaches compared to Alan Richardson ? We are 2 and 3 and we have won against Carlton and Brisbane ( nearly lost to both of them) we are playing like a bucket of sh$t and the coaching staff have lost the plot and you still want to back that silly idea. Rebound goals out of our forward line killed us so badly in the first 4 rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've tried Vickery in the back up ruck role and his impact in that role is worse than Hampsons, because not only does Ty struggle getting his hands on it around the ground but he also struggles to get hitouts either by themselves or to advantage. That is why Vickery was switched again to being a permanent forward and we went out and recruited an actual ruck(well aware you don't think he is one) in Hampson to fill the void.

Great post RT and very well thought out as always but the coaching staff have just thrown the 3 tall forward attack in the bin in desperation to get a win. They are not going to let Hampson run around there like a chook with his head chopped off letting the ball come out quicker than it came in. If they do I'm sure they'll send him off for surgery to get those oven mits removed , I really want to know what's so special about our development coaches compared to Alan Richardson ? We are 2 and 3 and we have won against Carlton and Brisbane ( nearly lost to both of them) we are playing like a bucket of sh$t and the coaching staff have lost the plot and you still want to back that silly idea. Rebound goals out of our forward line killed us so badly in the first 4 rounds.
I think they'll retrieve it from the bin once they get maric back ... That was specifically the reason they got hampson, so they could work in tandem...

Last edited:
and why is not still at Carlton??? why was he dropped by Malthouse last years by round 6? How many times did he fail in that role under Ratten??? a career high of 3 goasl against GWS in 2012.... He has taken 1 inside 50 mark this season despite playing 90% game time and resting forward for large chunks whilst Griffith is let lose in the ruck.????? his role will be rucking in the 2's whilst Maric and Griffith are fit.
Once again Nut, what will Hampsons role be at Richmond up forward? It's not that hard and you know that the answer is that he will not the focal point like he was at Carlton. He will be the 3rd option forward, there to provide structure and a viable ruck back up.

I think they'll retrieve it from the Hun once they get maric back ... That was specifically the reason they got hampson, so they could work in tandem...
I know that was the plan and if they had the right cattle to pull it off I'm sure they'd try it when Maric comes back but that idea is slipping by the way side with every dropped mark and every un laid tackle or non block that happens each week. The next two weeks are going to be sad to watch unfortunelty .

More trying Griff in Vickery's spot as I just think Griff is starting to outperform TV.

So I'm not thinking of Hampson as a dedicated forward -- he's kind of the odd jobs guy even if he's not really noted for anything but his tap work.

Maric ruck. Griff forward. Someone else (Hampson?) doing the support work.

Once again Nut, what will Hampsons role be at Richmond up forward? It's not that hard and you know that the answer is that he will not the focal point like he was at Carlton. He will be the 3rd option forward, there to provide structure and a viable ruck back up.
When was he the focal point at Carlton ? Henderson , Wait , Kruezer , ??????????? Fevola for his first 4 years . This is getting crazy

We've tried Vickery in the back up ruck role and his impact in that role is worse than Hampsons, because not only does Ty struggle getting his hands on it around the ground but he also struggles to get hitouts either by themselves or to advantage. That is why Vickery was switched again to being a permanent forward and we went out and recruited an actual ruck(well aware you don't think he is one) in Hampson to fill the void.
I totally agree with this logic and understand why they wanted to turn Vickery into a full time forward but he's gonna be spending more and more time in the ruck because that structure is not going to hold up with Hampson in the side and Hampsons performances this far as the main Ruckman are getting beyond a joke except for his tap work. Vickery better have that chiro on speed dial working on those shoulders.

The more Maric plays on the bal the better we are which means Hampson would be playing predominatley forward!!!! he will need to chase, tackle.. lock the ball in.... you cant have a Tall forward playing that role... not with someone like hampson. If he isnt hurting the opposition by taking marks and kicking goals than I would rather Azzza as the third tall/forward.

As bad as Vickery has been playing he is more important to our future than Hamson.... and if we are letting Ty rot in the 2's whilst Hampson continues to be a spud forward than we are dumb club.

The reason our 3 talls structure failed this time around was purely and simply IMO because we had a lack of pressure being put on by the group. We were too slow and I'm not just looking at the 3 talls either, it was also the lack of pressure coming from the likes of S.Edwards & King. IMO if we get a F50 set up revolving around Maric/Hampson Jack & Griffiths with support from the likes of Deledio Cotchin Martin Lloyd & Gordon the rebounding out of our F50 won't be as easy as it was the first 4 weeks when the set up was a combination Vickery Griffiths Jack S.Edwards King & Newman for 2 of the first 4 weeks. Not exactly blessed with pace or a goal kicking threat that group.

As bad as Vickery has been playing he is more important to our future than Hamson.... and if we are letting Ty rot in the 2's whilst Hampson continues to be a spud forward than we are dumb club.

Possibly (on the importance thing).

I don't know if he's in the twos because of form or just because they wanted a shorter forward line for the Brisbane game.

I'm all in favour of putting Ty before Hampson if form justifies it, but given Ty's performance in the VFL I don't know if it does.

I'm certainly not wanting to see Ty in the twos long term --I want him to fight his way back in.

The Rusty Trombone nut rather than just continue to go around in circles how about we just agree to disagree until Maric comes back and see what happens. Then we actually have some evidence to show one way or the other whether the plan works or is even used. Fair enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back