Roast Dear Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a look at the score graphs of the last 4 games against Carlton.... ?? just a coincidence?

Give up mate. After a fantastic "win" this club can do no wrong. Everything is perfectly fine and we will win the flag.

Just wait for a loss and these guys will come out with the same lines as last week. Too blind to see past a "win".

Tonight was tripe.

Dear Dimma,

When you took over coaching the Tiges, I nearly cried if we won a quarter, and every win was like a premiership of its own.

Thank you for restoring pride and perspective to the life of this supporter.

Have a look at the score graphs of the last 4 games against Carlton.... ?? just a coincidence?

Every team has a bogey side! I don't give a * if my hearts in my mouth just as long as we win and they don't get into the finals again by default!
Maybe we should get a psychologist in! Because it seems to be mentally stuck in our heads!

Give up mate. After a fantastic "win" this club can do no wrong. Everything is perfectly fine and we will win the flag.

Just wait for a loss and these guys will come out with the same lines as last week. Too blind to see past a "win".

Tonight was tripe.

Its Dimma's 5th season.... he needs to be put under the pumo.... under pressure.... he needs to be questioned. If he cant handle criticism then he will never be any good. ..... if he handles the pressure and comes out the other end then we have a coach that will take us to the promise land. The honeymoon is over.

Its Dimma's 5th season.... he needs to be put under the pumo.... under pressure.... he needs to be questioned. If he cant handle criticism then he will never be any good. ..... if he handles the pressure and comes out the other end then we have a coach that will take us to the promise land. The honeymoon is over.

The whole club need to be able to handle the pressure including the players. I agree. Honeymoon is well and truly over.

I see what you see. It's not great. After 5 seasons we are not in the Premiership frame. Not even close.

Questions need to be asked.

The whole club need to be able to handle the pressure including the players. I agree. Honeymoon is well and truly over.

I see what you see. It's not great. After 5 seasons we are not in the Premiership frame. Not even close.

I think we have the talent.....

Do you think we won the night??? I dont. I'll take the 4 points. But we have serious problems ... and they need to be addressed.

Yes nut, we did, by 12 points. it was freakin scary and I thought we were totally shot. But we won.

If we play like s**t for three quarters and come home with a wet sail and win by 2 goals it's exactly the same.

Yes it looked horrible but watch the replay and be proud of the mighty effort in the last five minutes when the game had to be won.

Dimma is not the problem and neither is the game plan.
The game plan works fine.
In fact, in most of our recent games against Carlton, we've managed to skip out to quite a comfortable lead.

The problem is the players mental fragility.
Carlton have a massive advantage over us between the ears.

The players are inexperienced when it comes to big games and therefore crap themselves when the pressure is applied.
Geez, we've only made finals what, twice in the last 19 years?

Tonight was a big step forward for our football club IMO.
We managed to wrestle momentum back when all seem lost.

Dear nut,

Please STFU. We won the game.

Cheers

-Richmond Big Footy Board

I honestly think you must have no idea. We won the game yeah awesome but we are going no where under Hardwick.

1. We just beat a shocking outfit who were missing Judd, Carazzo, Kruezer, Walker who are in there best 10 players.
2. We should have smacked them and instead we went into our shells and continually let them come back. We do this by our leaders thowing there heads in the sand and just accepting the game isn't going our way..

COACHING

1. Maybe it was hard to see on TV for those who weren't there, but it could not have been clearer that no one wanted to go within 10 metres of Yarran. He was absolutely cutting us up kicking 2 and I think he gave off another 3 or 4. His run carry and footskills were continued to be allowed be the coaching staff when it couldn't be clearer we needed someone to pay any semblance of attention to him. That many times we literally let him run loose it was a joke. This guy never racks it up yet we let him kick 2.1 and have it 21 times FFS...and by we I mean any idiot sitting in the RFC box.

2. Lids was out of the game in the second half. We were battling at HBF...would have thought a logical move would be throw him back there to see what he could do.

3. We literally refuse to use the centre of the ground. When we enter the forward 50 we go into the pockets and play stuff all crumbing forwards. It's like Dimma's philosophy is too ensure that even when we have the ball and are attacking that we don't open ourselves up to a counter. I understand this but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

RUNNING

Our running is pathetic. We die out of games so badly. Foley is cooked...he came on and might have had 11 touches but it doesn't count for anything when he was fresh and let a lactated murphy hammer past and out run him to set up a shot on goal.

I would prefer to lose games this year and blood kids who are going to take us somewhere decent in the future than scrape into the 8 with guys like Grigg, Petterd, Newy (was ok tonight but past it), Astbury (just too slow and immobile), King (gone), Foley (gone). Player guys like Lloyd, Arnot, Lennon, Gordon and Knights and see what we can do.

Yes nut, we did, by 12 points. it was freakin scary and I thought we were totally shot. But we won.

If we play like s**t for three quarters and come home with a wet sail and win by 2 goals it's exactly the same.

Yes it looked horrible but watch the replay and be proud of the mighty effort in the last five minutes when the game had to be won.

I see a lucky kick straight to Vickery... after Edwards stupidly plays on. I see Carlton missing goals.... yes I am happy we won. I dont see the fight.... the only real fight I saw was from a bloke playing his first game for the club.... and with out him we would have lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a lucky kick straight to Vickery... after Edwards stupidly plays on. I see Carlton missing goals.... yes I am happy we won. I dont see the fight.... the only real fight I saw was from a bloke playing his first game for the club.... and with out him we would have lost.

To whom do you refer?

Finishing with 15 wins and beating both grand finalists is definitely "in the frame"

I would prefer to lose games this year and blood kids who are going to take us somewhere decent in the future than scrape into the 8 with guys like Grigg, Petterd, Newy (was ok tonight but past it), Astbury (just too slow and immobile), King (gone), Foley (gone). Player guys like Lloyd, Arnot, Lennon, Gordon and Knights and see what we can do.

Not so sure about losing, but Petterd, Newman and Astbury deserve to stay in the team. Foley is one of my favourite players, but he's done.

Not so sure about losing, but Petterd, Newman and Astbury deserve to stay in the team. Foley is one of my favourite players, but he's done.

Players Foley's size are about done... need to be bigger.

Newmans experiment up forward lasted 1 week.... I see him slipping from the side as well.

Petterd was good in patches.... I'd stick with him.

Astbry was very very good.

One hal
Yes, we won by 12. Apparently that awesome display of football in the first half didn't happen though.
One half of football does not matter if you lose the game.

That last quarter. Not one person for Richmond was moving.... not one!!! No wonder why Carlton came back and nearly stole the game. We were rooted. I thought that Dimma and the players would recognize that it's a 4 quarter game. Not two. We should have belted them! Destroyed them. Nope. The playing group just give up and are too 'tired' to run or make space or do anything useful after halftime.

RFC_Official could you please forward this on.

Why we will not improve whilst you continue to allow the following to happen....
Slow Ball movement when we have control of the game.

- Its allows the opposition to re-group.
- It creates a mindset and the players start playing conservatively allowing the opposition to start building the pressure on our ball movement and gives them the ascendancy.
- When we move the ball quick... WE SCORE.

Allowing players berating team mates on the ground

- Not acceptable.... "you win together you lose together". It shows frustration and gives the opposition a leg up. Deledio on Conca... TY a couple of times.... Make a stand and drop a player

Continually kicking the ball to the forward pockets

- You need to get the player to back them selves.... continually kicking to the pockets is the easy way out. WE HAVE TO WIN THE GAME.... not hold the ball up. Back our defence to do their job and back the forwards to kick a winning score. Kick to the dangerous part of the forwardline more.... especially when we are in a winning position.

Poor Body Language

- 4 goals up and we have players dropping their heads... not good enough. WHY give the opposition a sniff????

Leadership

- Brazil was obviously a waste of money???? I'd be looking to bring in more experienced players from successful clubs.... Chapman would have been handy??? why didnt we chase him?

Your Leadership

- You need someone to critique your self in the box.... you need to be the "calm" one. Your own body language is contagious .... you need to control your emotions. The impression is that you give to me is a person little Idea of what is happening, no control and you are hoping rather than trying to work out a plan to stem the tide. You need to Make stuff happen. Thats what MM has done in the last 4 games he has come up against you.....

Both sides have some bashing to be given by fans!
That is, why are both teams playing in halves, we play first half, they play second half.

The thing is we won, this was a rivalry match.

You see dockers in there bad years beating eagles in there good years, it's just how these rival matches go.

We won!

Carlton supporters will be questioning why carlton can't turn up in the 1st half, and vice versa for us in the second half.

We do turn up for 4 quarters against many other teams though, so yeah. I'm just glad we won!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back