Roast Dear Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been really obvious since year one that the Essendon Accountant has very little idea how to build a successful team. Saddest part of that is how long it's taken the majority to wake up to the fact and how many more opportunities we've missed to add a far superior coach.

Misplaced man fetishes completely gut football clubs and he's only got worse as time goes on.

A clear lack of football intelligence is not something that experience will eventually compensate for.

He's been given a ridiculous amount of leeway to under-perform (as opposed to a quality coach like Roos or Hinkley who changes the place instantly) and despite a massive amount more support than any past coach, he's completely botched the job.

We were promised a side built from the draft, with players who are tough, committed and above all else, skilled ball users who can break lines.

Five years on we don't even vaguely resemble the side that was promised. We're not highly skilled (or medium skilled for that matter), we don't move the ball well (most games we apparently can't even work out how to begin trying) and our tissue paper 'toughness and commitment' have become the joke of the league yet again.

Tactically speaking, we are truly sickening to watch. At the end of being sickened week after week, we get a never-ending list of pathetic excuses, lies and obfuscation straight from Hardwick's mouth.

Some people are still giving him credit for 'developing' our list well and uniting the playing group. Ironically, they may well be the two places he's hurt us most. It's hard to find a 'star' on our list who has improved in the last two years, it's either stagnation or outright gone backwards. The senior re-treads are almost all players who play selfish, individual football week in week out and get away with it, ensuring 'Campbell/Newman Cancer' is the example of how to go about your football which gets offered up to yet another generation of our cubs. The list of failed draftees is a long one and we've probably got quite a few left to flush through.

The 'Development' record reads like a miserable nightmare where almost the only 'successes' are the ones that couldn't possibly fail, yet people want to pat him on the back as if he at least got that part right?

Five years to build a tough, committed, skilled side and we can't even raise a whimper for Tommy or on the Dreamtime stage. Not even a ******* whimper.

The Essendon Accountant needs to stop wiping his arse with our jumper, apologise for HIS spectacular failure (rather than the usual blame-shifting routine) and quit. ASAP. The club needs to push him with both hands if he won't go willingly. We can't afford to carry him any longer than the half decade we already have.

His supporters should line up and apologise for their delusions.
I think this mam owes our coach an apology, donut he will be back though unless something goes wrong;)

Come on fella's.Who cares,We're in the Finals.

It's ok tiger_of_old no one really cares, but it's an internet fan site where people debate issues about their footy club, anonymously.
Not trying to be a smart arse here but I just think in the spirit of debating arguments do need to be followed thru and arguments eventually settled. Very difficult to do when no one ever concedes, but when evidence is presented at least readers can make their own mind up as to who is correct and who is full of s**t.
You know which side of the debate I'm on, and feel over the last 9 weeks some level of vindication, especially over the last 4 when we've knocked off some quality in cut throat contests. It's not over by any measure but I think the culture change and game plan improvement driven by Dear Dimma deserves acknowledgement, which in my mind is indisputable.
But others differ, and I respect that. Just argue with integrity and we'll be fine.

Let's call a spade a spade here.

(1) We, like all teams that make the Finals one year, are EXPECTED to go one better the following year. And that's on auto-pilot!

(2) Tell us what Dimma has done this year? He has cost us a higher position on the ladder by piss-farting around with our game style earlier in the season.

(3) Our winning run is solely player driven. A three year old could have got our playing group together to win consecutive games. In fact a team finishing in the 2013 Finals SHOULD be expected to string a length of wins together. What's new about that ideal?

(4) Damian Hardwick in 2014, by persisting with the likes of Vickery and messing with Jack's head and with our game style and structure early, has cost us a top 4 position AND a DOUBLE CHANCE AND HOME FINALS. And more money in the bank.

(5) Ivan Maric must have sensed Hardwick had little insight and control of the group when training standards dropped. Maric spoke up. Hardwick didn't.

Before you build a statue to Hardwick at Punt Road, build a statue to the playing group who have gone on to coach themselves to wins when Hardwick played around with the team, trying to turn us into something we weren't. The playing group saw the future. They only had to navigate around the obstacle that is Hardwick's wishy-washy coaching. (Whatever that is. He doesn't even know!)

Hardwick didn't have a clue what was happening in 2014.
The players CHANGED EVERYTHING.

Smell the roses fanboys.
Support the club, not obstacles to our success.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha................hahaha!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there isnt one thing in here that I would retract.... The only thing I was wrong at was that I did not believe Dimma knew how to get the team up and about again... with the reports of player discontent.... coterie groups etc etc.... it seemed there was a real push to move Dimma on.
When everyone was jumping up and down want everyone dropped I kept to the belief it was the WAY we were playing.... not the players. When everyone was blaming the forwards I was blaming the way we were moving the ball....
Never had a problem with the way we played when we didnt have the ball..... our problem was what we did when we had the ball....

We are now attacking the game more with ball movement.

The fact is this season is still alive.... and hopefully we will be given the opportunity to continue display our improvement. But lets not forget how bad our first 13 games were.... lets not forget that we should be entrenched in the top 4 with a double chance. Lets not forget the football department sticking with a plan that was clearly not working.... playing Hampson who never once earned his spot.... letting oren rot in the 2's. Not putting Maric on the LTI and waiting 12 weeks to unleash Miles...
We've made some terrible mistakes and to the playing groups credit they have stuck fat and backed Dimma.... The positives out weigh the negatives providing e have learnt from the mistakes.... they way we are playing I think we have.

there isnt one thing in here that I would retract.... The only thing I was wrong at was that I did not believe Dimma knew how to get the team up and about again... with the reports of player discontent.... coterie groups etc etc.... it seemed there was a real push to move Dimma on.
When everyone was jumping up and down want everyone dropped I kept to the belief it was the WAY we were playing.... not the players. When everyone was blaming the forwards I was blaming the way we were moving the ball....
Never had a problem with the way we played when we didnt have the ball..... our problem was what we did when we had the ball....

We are now attacking the game more with ball movement.

The fact is this season is still alive.... and hopefully we will be given the opportunity to continue display our improvement. But lets not forget how bad our first 13 games were.... lets not forget that we should be entrenched in the top 4 with a double chance. Lets not forget the football department sticking with a plan that was clearly not working.... playing Hampson who never once earned his spot.... letting oren rot in the 2's. Not putting Maric on the LTI and waiting 12 weeks to unleash Miles...
We've made some terrible mistakes and to the playing groups credit they have stuck fat and backed Dimma.... The positives out weigh the negatives providing e have learnt from the mistakes.... they way we are playing I think we have.
Thanks for rehashing all of this Nut, but people on here either ignore the facts and distort the truth or have short memories
Our game plan was unsightly for 3 months and I'm glad the playing group convinced DH to modify it

Thanks for rehashing all of this Nut, but people on here either ignore the facts and distort the truth or have short memories
Our game plan was unsightly for 3 months and I'm glad the playing group convinced DH to modify it

and it was modified ..... what disappoints me the most about Dimma is his denials that the game plan was changed. How stupid does he think the masses are? Well if there is one think Ive learnt over the last few years is that the PR machine sure knows how to send out the spin to appease the masses... anyone who thinks that our fanbois wouldnt be acticg like the Ess ones if we were in Ess shoes are deluded.

.... and people wanted titch let go for nothing like Matty White...LMAO.

and it was modified ..... what disappoints me the most about Dimma is his denials that the game plan was changed. How stupid does he think the masses are? Well if there is one think Ive learnt over the last few years is that the PR machine sure knows how to send out the spin to appease the masses... anyone who thinks that our fanbois wouldnt be acticg like the Ess ones if we were in Ess shoes are deluded.

.... and people wanted titch let go for nothing like Matty White...LMAO.
Yeah look it was a monumental coxk up and decision of DH tenure , but they got out of Gaol so why bother covering it up as it was obvious to us all at the time
You can read thread after thread mentioning it so why are we getting contrary statements from people
I'm rapt that its over and we look terrific and fit and the players are confident with their approach

Let's call a spade a spade here.

(1) We, like all teams that make the Finals one year, are EXPECTED to go one better the following year. And that's on auto-pilot!

(2) Tell us what Dimma has done this year? He has cost us a higher position on the ladder by piss-farting around with our game style earlier in the season.

(3) Our winning run is solely player driven. A three year old could have got our playing group together to win consecutive games. In fact a team finishing in the 2013 Finals SHOULD be expected to string a length of wins together. What's new about that ideal?

(4) Damian Hardwick in 2014, by persisting with the likes of Vickery and messing with Jack's head and with our game style and structure early, has cost us a top 4 position AND a DOUBLE CHANCE AND HOME FINALS. And more money in the bank.

(5) Ivan Maric must have sensed Hardwick had little insight and control of the group when training standards dropped. Maric spoke up. Hardwick didn't.

Before you build a statue to Hardwick at Punt Road, build a statue to the playing group who have gone on to coach themselves to wins when Hardwick played around with the team, trying to turn us into something we weren't. The playing group saw the future. They only had to navigate around the obstacle that is Hardwick's wishy-washy coaching. (Whatever that is. He doesn't even know!)

Hardwick didn't have a clue what was happening in 2014.
The players CHANGED EVERYTHING.

Smell the roses fanboys.
Support the club, not obstacles to our success.

Yep..... I'm sure it's that simple and the coach had nothing to do with it. FFS, people on here who were blaming the coach for everything need to now either admit they were wrong or they need to accept that it wasn't the coaches entire fault in the first place....

The less simplistic view of a few on here was that there was a combination of playing and coaching issues through the pre-season and early rounds that lead us to our position. The whole club has turned it around, not just the players, not just the coach, not just the first board in living history that didn't make the knee-jerk reaction to sack the coach.... but everybody. Embrace it, don't try to defend your indefensibly simplistic view..... The club has turned it around, not 1 coach, not a few poorly performing players....

Mate if people are prepared to bring up an old thread to humiliate people it would be nice for them to get their facts right
Please tell me where I'm wrong Even DH in his after game presser said its a credit to the playing group
Enjoy the day mate as we all know the truth and as I've said before Cotchin and JR8 must be bull shxt artists with their public statements
This matter is settled with me, but it appears you're still looking for closure bc you can't come to grips with the truth
I suggest you give beyond blue a call if it affects you that much

Now now, some posters have been belittling things that DH has said in his pressers and showing they are evidence of how bad a coach he was.... so please don't start believing him now ;)

The end of this season has just shown what many on here believed through the troubled start.... DH isn't a terrible coach and the players needed to start playing better, selections needed to become a bit better and game-day coaching had to become a bit more proactive.... It's happened and we have improved.... not because of DH solely but then we weren't crap because of DH solely like some on here were suggesting...

Yep..... I'm sure it's that simple and the coach had nothing to do with it. FFS, people on here who were blaming the coach for everything need to now either admit they were wrong or they need to accept that it wasn't the coaches entire fault in the first place....

a contradiction is a contradiction.... So its not Dimmas fault in the first place??? but people are wrong if they thought because we are now winning and people have to admit it they were wrong because its not only Dimmas fault??? wow.

At the end of the day we were playing a style of football well intot he second half of the season that was clearly not working... who's fault is that???? Dimmas..... the fact we have changed and are npw playing better is also the fualt of the coach and well done to him..... we were 3-10 FFS. Can you send me some koolaid?

Now now, some posters have been belittling things that DH has said in his pressers and showing they are evidence of how bad a coach he was.... so please don't start believing him now ;)

The end of this season has just shown what many on here believed through the troubled start.... DH isn't a terrible coach and the players needed to start playing better, selections needed to become a bit better and game-day coaching had to become a bit more proactive.... It's happened and we have improved.... not because of DH solely but then we weren't crap because of DH solely like some on here were suggesting...
Yes ,but the team doesn't get fully sacked when it fails . It's the coach with his staff that get pushed on as its the old buck stops with the coach rule that takes precedence
Mate I'm allowed to be won over by DH . I have the ability to forgive and forget :straining:

a contradiction is a contradiction.... So its not Dimmas fault in the first place??? but people are wrong if they thought because we are now winning and people have to admit it they were wrong because its not only Dimmas fault??? wow.

At the end of the day we were playing a style of football well intot he second half of the season that was clearly not working... who's fault is that???? Dimmas..... the fact we have changed and are npw playing better is also the fualt of the coach and well done to him..... we were 3-10 FFS. Can you send me some koolaid?

That's the point.... The issues were never one person's fault. So likewise, success is not on the back of one person. However.... if people believe that our start was all because of 1 person, then logically those same people should think that the turnaround was due to the same person. You and I know it doesn't work like that though nut, it's more complicated than that!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back