Roast Dear Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

TB hope you dont mind me quoting this post mate.

So much this. It is OK to doubt and question as long as you have the balls like TB, Nut and others to offer credit when and were its due, not just ride the hate train for the sake of it. I always had faith in Dimma as i could see what he was trying to do with our game plan BUT even I thought he may have lacked the experience in his coaching necessary to effect the change he wanted. He has proven he and the coaches got it right and for that I am as happy as a pig in s**t.

Also I celebrate the development of our list. People look to the negatives because its easier but let me highlight a real positive. Alex Rance. Lets face it, when Dimma came to the club Rance had some serious limitations. Dimma was open and honest with Rance and said he was thinking of trading him for a "pack of stubbies" BUT he believed he could work with him. So Rance stayed and rejected the hawks overtures. Now look at Rance, the guy is fast becoming the best one on one defender in the league.

Why I believe thats coach driven is simple. Rance has a structure and system in the back 6 to work with and thrive, hence his development. It makes me super excited to see Ellis again lift and gives me huge confidence that we now are not a club to burn talent.

Simply guys, its a ride we are on started 5 years ago. The club knew taking Dimma on that he would also learn the caper as he went and would grow into the role. Is he the best coach in the game, no BUT he also in fairness did not have much to work with. Anyway, Yes dimma and the coaches made errors this year but what is a real positive is that finally we have a coaching group who learnt from them and acted!
Rance was a developmental issue read my post on him. Always had it thats why the Hawks were after him. Clarksons not a two time premiership coach for nothing

Haha geez you're getting technical now!
In reality I would say the (leaders) being the experienced tradesmen have let themselves down.
They should know his to build a wall.
Hahaha.
But it sort of applies here too.
I've had to keep it simple bc people can't see the point but I still think the topic has been great minus the abuse I got

It's ok tiger_of_old no one really cares, but it's an internet fan site where people debate issues about their footy club, anonymously.
Not trying to be a smart arse here but I just think in the spirit of debating arguments do need to be followed thru and arguments eventually settled. Very difficult to do when no one ever concedes, but when evidence is presented at least readers can make their own mind up as to who is correct and who is full of s**t.
You know which side of the debate I'm on, and feel over the last 9 weeks some level of vindication, especially over the last 4 when we've knocked off some quality in cut throat contests. It's not over by any measure but I think the culture change and game plan improvement driven by Dear Dimma deserves acknowledgement, which in my mind is indisputable.
But others differ, and I respect that. Just argue with integrity and we'll be fine.
Fair enough mate,But i can where this is heading.Doubt very much there will be an end to it from both sides of the fence even when we win the GF.;):D

Dear Dimma,

Thanks you for making us wait until round 23 to guarantee finals. You have kept tigers supporters on their toes, and sold many a newspaper with Richmond's antics during the year. You have taught us all not to merely expect to stroll into finals every year and to savour the journey, and not the end result.

well played dimma.

Confession on the above event
Tiger Peter came in after two months yesterday ,boy was he a different man .the old Tiger pensioner Tiger Mick took strips out of him and finished up saying
"All you pricks who wanted the coach sacked bc he was trying to make us tougher have all got egg on your face . We've been dead for years and I've stuck by them like you guys,but I've never doubted DH "
I called it a truce with Mick bc I was wrong for the first time in years with our coach plus I was worried he was going to have a heart attack exactly one year to the day his twin brother sadly passed away
I told him of BF how we argued all day and he said
I DGAF TI for the first time in years we've looked like a footy club and the minute we FU we need to go searching 32 years for another one
Tiger Peter was apologetic and I agreed in a humbly and stuttering manner still making my point,but TM wasn't interested ;)
All of this tells me we as humans are all different and I'm glad there are guys out there like TM who I've known for over 25years. In the end we will see whether DH was the right man ,and at this stage the TM group and Flower Sniffers are well out in front and I commend you all.
:)
I agree. Dimma has had a good couple of months. But just as the first half of the season didn't mean as much as some thought, neither does the second half.
We'll know about Damian, the board and the footy department this time next year.

Have to say Congratulations to everyone involved with the coaching staff for turning around what was a complete disaster. Obviously they have done a fantastic job this year being able to get the team playing the type of football we all knew they could play after being at such a low point. I was very critical of the coaching group and Dimma for the position we found ourselves in, and didn't believe the current coaching group could turn it around.

Not sold 100% either way on whether Dimma is capable of leading us to the flag we all crave, from everything I've heard about the start of this year these are just basic mistakes that the coaching group should never have allowed to happen but lets hope they have learned from this and it doesn't happen again.

The point of the post however was to congratulate the staff on the great job second half this year, I didn't think they were capable.

I agree. Dimma has had a good couple of months. But just as the first half of the season didn't mean as much as some thought, neither does the second half.
We'll know about Damian, the board and the footy department this time next year.
Yeah the brat put us on hold until the last 14s of our last game. I think I will make my call at seasons end next year
That DH bloke played Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde with us this year:p

Watching him in an interview last week I was surprised how much heat he still puts on the players for our poor start, he definitely admitted to fault in an SEN interview around round 12, but that was the only time I can remember him taking some of the blame himself for preparation/coaching errors.
I wonder if thats a strategy to keep the players playing at their best and not give them an excuse to get complacent, regardless of whether or not we are training different parts of our game more heavily than others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the brat put us on hold until the last 14s of our last game. I think I will make my call at seasons end next year
That DH bloke played Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde with us this year:p

If we start as poorly next year as this, I'd say his papers would be stamped (pending circumstances) and it would be time to move on. He has supposedly turned things around as have the players.... if they don't all continue to work their arses off over the off and pre-seasons it'll all be for nothing...... Cannot afford another horrific start.

From my perspective, the thread was never really about whether or not Dimma was getting things right, but whether or not he has the ability to sort the problem.

Well, that, and the question of just how much trust we can place in our processes as a club.

I'm not the least ashamed to admit that I've been upbeat about both all season.

And the fact that the club isn't now pretending that season 2014 was a blazing success just because we made finals makes me even more upbeat.

To me it's not really about Dimma --although our senior coach is obviously critical to the ongoing success of our club.

To me it's mainly about the way RFC has turned itself around from being a total basketcase in every sense of the word, to a club where so many of the boxes have been ticket: reduced debt, improved facilities, stable board, professional football department, improved recruiting, a healthy list, stand alone VFL side, and a chance after 30 years to be taken seriously on field.

I freely admit that Dimma might not be the guy to take us to a premiership, but given that the club has gotten so many other things right in the last few years, I'm tending toward optimism rather than pessimism and have been all year.

From my perspective, the thread was never really about whether or not Dimma was getting things right, but whether or not he has the ability to sort the problem.

Well, that, and the question of just how much trust we can place in our processes as a club.

I'm not the least ashamed to admit that I've been upbeat about both all season.

And the fact that the club isn't now pretending that season 2014 was a blazing success just because we made finals makes me even more upbeat.

To me it's not really about Dimma --although our senior coach is obviously critical to the ongoing success of our club.

To me it's mainly about the way RFC has turned itself around from being a total basketcase in every sense of the word, to a club where so many of the boxes have been ticket: reduced debt, improved facilities, stable board, professional football department, improved recruiting, a healthy list, stand alone VFL side, and a chance after 30 years to be taken seriously on field.

I freely admit that Dimma might not be the guy to take us to a premiership, but given that the club has gotten so many other things right in the last few years, I'm tending toward optimism rather than pessimism and have been all year.
yep you've summed it the facts and truth.Thats what we really all wanted from the start and when we derailed for 13 weeks i thought we were back to the same basket case club and lost complete faith in the admin coach right down to the orange squeezer
i would have been better off waking up after the Bombers game with pasquale thread printed out and resting on my head

TB hope you dont mind me quoting this post mate.

So much this. It is OK to doubt and question as long as you have the balls like TB, Nut and others to offer credit when and were its due, not just ride the hate train for the sake of it. I always had faith in Dimma as i could see what he was trying to do with our game plan BUT even I thought he may have lacked the experience in his coaching necessary to effect the change he wanted. He has proven he and the coaches got it right and for that I am as happy as a pig in s**t.

Also I celebrate the development of our list. People look to the negatives because its easier but let me highlight a real positive. Alex Rance. Lets face it, when Dimma came to the club Rance had some serious limitations. Dimma was open and honest with Rance and said he was thinking of trading him for a "pack of stubbies" BUT he believed he could work with him. So Rance stayed and rejected the hawks overtures. Now look at Rance, the guy is fast becoming the best one on one defender in the league.

Why I believe thats coach driven is simple. Rance has a structure and system in the back 6 to work with and thrive, hence his development. It makes me super excited to see Ellis again lift and gives me huge confidence that we now are not a club to burn talent.

Simply guys, its a ride we are on started 5 years ago. The club knew taking Dimma on that he would also learn the caper as he went and would grow into the role. Is he the best coach in the game, no BUT he also in fairness did not have much to work with. Anyway, Yes dimma and the coaches made errors this year but what is a real positive is that finally we have a coaching group who learnt from them and acted!
I gotta ask Tigs71 , as you could see what Dimma was trying to do with our game plan what exactly was it ? Can you explain it to us how he got it right ? Was it changing our forward set up completely and throwing out what wasn't working with the three tall set up? Pretty sure that little experiment ended 2 games after Maric came back but I can remember which round it was approximately.

Whatever happened who cares really.
One thing was obvious and that is what we had last year was nowhere near up to it under pressure.
I would say we have crossed that bridge now.
Next step is to go from where we are now to a fair dinkum proper top 4 contender in the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back