Roast Dear Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

Not calling you nothing mate,Just saying he has a point.You let your opinions be known in the past which indicates no fear.;)
I had to let it out it was biting me so hard bc I got sucked in again. I didn't believe him or didn't want to more to the truth
I now feel better bc I've shared it with BF and have experienced total closure and I feel happier that people like you are able to talk to me about it
:)

I had to let it out it was biting me so hard bc I got sucked in again. I didn't believe him or didn't want to more to the truth
I now feel better bc I've shared it with BF and have experienced total closure and I feel happier that people like you are able to talk to me about it
:)
We have grown as a side and a club.Not so long ago it took us 3 seasons to get 12/13 wins.Thats the way i see it.Not happy the way we lost on Sunday,But we did lose to a side that was on top of the ladder for a fair while.;)

The Rusty Trombone nut rather than just continue to go around in circles how about we just agree to disagree until Maric comes back and see what happens. Then we actually have some evidence to show one way or the other whether the plan works or is even used. Fair enough.

Do we need more evidence?

Remind me how many premierships Freo has won with Ross Lyons at the helm?

Seriously, nobody can claim Dimma has anything to boast about here, but if you're going to can a coach on the basis of his premiership successes, then at least be consistent.

Yes.

What's tough about that call?

Sack the coach is ALWAYS the easiest call imaginable.

It requires no understanding of the state of the club, no understanding of the state of the competition, no understanding of the state of the coaching market, and so on.

That's not to say it's necessarily the WRONG decision --it might be that all the relevant factors properly considered show that sacking Dimma is absolutely the right move.

The point is simply that it's never a "tough" decision --and it's precisely because it's so easy to do that RFC have chosen that route so many times in the last thirty years and NEVER with any real plan about why the coach is going, or what's going to happen thereafter.

It's the absence of any real ongoing coaching strategy that's the clear problem here. It's easy to point out Dimma's lack of premiership success, and easy to talk in vague terms about getting a "great coach," but what, in real terms, does that actually mean?

What, in real terms, is your plan --other than some vague hand-waving demand that we "get a great coach?"

So "show Dimma the door" isn't a "tough" decision: it's absolutely the easiest decision that we could make.

But it's not actually a plan for premiership success.

I seriously do get the criticisms of Dimma, and it may well be that he's not the best coaching option for us going forward, but I'd actually like to see some sort of plan which doesn't take us down the same path as the sacking of Tony Jewell.

Wow.

Remind me how many premierships Freo has won with Ross Lyons at the helm?

Seriously, nobody can claim Dimma has anything to boast about here, but if you're going to can a coach on the basis of his premiership successes, then at least be consistent.

Yes.

What's tough about that call?

Sack the coach is ALWAYS the easiest call imaginable.

It requires no understanding of the state of the club, no understanding of the state of the competition, no understanding of the state of the coaching market, and so on.

That's not to say it's necessarily the WRONG decision --it might be that all the relevant factors properly considered show that sacking Dimma is absolutely the right move.

The point is simply that it's never a "tough" decision --and it's precisely because it's so easy to do that RFC have chosen that route so many times in the last thirty years and NEVER with any real plan about why the coach is going, or what's going to happen thereafter.

It's the absence of any real ongoing coaching strategy that's the clear problem here. It's easy to point out Dimma's lack of premiership success, and easy to talk in vague terms about getting a "great coach," but what, in real terms, does that actually mean?

What, in real terms, is your plan --other than some vague hand-waving demand that we "get a great coach?"

So "show Dimma the door" isn't a "tough" decision: it's absolutely the easiest decision that we could make.

But it's not actually a plan for premiership success.

I seriously do get the criticisms of Dimma, and it may well be that he's not the best coaching option for us going forward, but I'd actually like to see some sort of plan which doesn't take us down the same path as the sacking of Tony Jewell.
star-trek-nodding.gif

DH vision for the side, evidenced by recruiting and trading, is short on pace and average on kicking and skill.
His team selection is conservative and favours "experience" and reputation over youth and form.
He is a nice guy and with solid personality traits who has got the team to this stage, but not in the upper echelon and imo not capable of taking Richmond to the next level.
Our last two EF performances have been embarrassing.
Frawley and Hardwick share many similarities.
Both tough and dour backmen, good blokes and players coaches.
Frawley took us to a prelim before the club and he recognized his limitations.
Unfortunately Richmond management has once again failed its supporters by passing over Hinkley and the Scotts and picked the nice guy with the broken HDD who aint up to it.
When the Frawley tenure started to go downhill, the club spent up to surround him with greater resources. But that didnt help.
With Hardwick, Richmond have again shown great faith by giving him 7 years.
Yes 7 years!!! Or a dog year to make it seem less
That is one one level commendable support, but if he is building a side with the wrong foundations, it's an eternity for supporters waiting for Richmond to be a genuine contender.
Hardwick, like Frawley, Harvey and co, will likely end up a one tenure coach and was realistically just an assistant or a cleverly disguised word for a follower
And to think they had Hinkley and the Scotts on the short list just makes this likely outcome so much worse.If DH doesn't realise what you need to beat other clubs after five years working in plans and systems then our goose appears cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Dimma,I bet you wished you had.
6 top 10 picks, 11 top 20 picks at your disposal when you took over us like Hinkley has had the fortune of when he took over Port.;)
We'd be similar wouldn't we.:oops:
Off the top of my head:
Top 10
Lids
Cotch
TV
Dusty
Conca

Top 20
Ellis
Vlaustin
Lennon
Griff
Chaplin
Rance

Dear Dimma,I bet you wished you had.
6 top 10 picks, 11 top 20 picks at your disposal when you took over us like Hinkley has had the fortune of when he took over Port.;)

Fair point, which is why I think we need to trade a good player or 2 to readjust the situation to get more talent in and with more upside so going forward we have a better chance of wining when and if we get into contention!

I remember some poster say can't rid of guns when the list is going well less than 30. Well we really should be saying can't get rid of guns when our list is going well less than 24. Our problem, IMO, is we have a plan that has failed called the recycled player plan because, by the time we rise mid table our recycled players didn't have the upside and energy due to age to develop further leaving in the state of no mans land. Guys like Grigg and Houli need to be 25 at the most now, ideally 23 given our window. They are not and its not their fault, nor is it he fault of the recruiters because they served their purpose at the time when they were recruited around around 22. However getting guys like Chaplin at that age and then Hampson really has set our list management back. Particularly Chaplin because we should be having youngsters developing in the role even if we have more losses so we get a Goddard and then as they all rise they rise closer as a group in their development so when they get to a GF we are strong like a Port and not weak like Freo!

This is where if we never got the recycled players we may have got a Macrae or better players in our drafts and even this year ended up with a Goddard or Laverde which really propels us into the future because they offer a lot more in some cases than later draft picks.

Last year we where lucky getting Lennon IMO in terms of our draft pick, and we were lucky to get Ellis. If we missed on Ellis were would we really be now? In dires straits I would think because although Vlastuin is a solid pick we simply need a consolidation of young recruits with quality to propel us forward..

The problem is not Lids or JR or Cotch or Dusty, the problem is when these were recruited we were not good enough in our drafting and recruiting around them. So I don't think we should trade one or 2 because they are bad, just because we have to to get our list management back on track to skew the list and team more towards a growth that provides more upside in the future to attract more quality recruits in our right window later including future FA targets

Last edited:
DH vision for the side, evidenced by recruiting and trading, is short on pace and average on kicking and skill.
His team selection is conservative and favours "experience" and reputation over youth and form.
He is a nice guy and with solid personality traits who has got the team to this stage, but not in the upper echelon and imo not capable of taking Richmond to the next level.
Our last two EF performances have been embarrassing.
Frawley and Hardwick share many similarities.
Both tough and dour backmen, good blokes and players coaches.
Frawley took us to a prelim before the club and he recognized his limitations.
Unfortunately Richmond management has once again failed its supporters by passing over Hinkley and the Scotts and picked the nice guy with the broken HDD who aint up to it.
When the Frawley tenure started to go downhill, the club spent up to surround him with greater resources. But that didnt help.
With Hardwick, Richmond have again shown great faith by giving him 7 years.
Yes 7 years!!! Or a dog year to make it seem less
That is one one level commendable support, but if he is building a side with the wrong foundations, it's an eternity for supporters waiting for Richmond to be a genuine contender.
Hardwick, like Frawley, Harvey and co, will likely end up a one tenure coach and was realistically just an assistant or a cleverly disguised word for a follower
And to think they had Hinkley and the Scotts on the short list just makes this likely outcome so much worse.If DH doesn't realise what you need to beat other clubs after five years working in plans and systems then our goose appears cooked.

Thats 49 dog years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back