Toast Dear interstaters, Collingwood are coming to visit for tea & biscuits and open training session

Remove this Banner Ad

What part of QLD? SEQ would suit me, don't know if I'll fly to Port Douglas to see them:)

Just checked my mail - the first is at the Gabba, the other at TBC (The Burns Arena in honor of Scott????)

"buscuits"? buscuts - buzcuts - oh buzz cuts.

images

What part of QLD? SEQ would suit me, don't know if I'll fly to Port Douglas to see them:)

Just checked my mail - the first is at the Gabba, the other at TBC (The Burns Arena in honor of Scott????)
Good news. Hopefully the second is around Brissy somewhere too.

They have them in South Brisbane for Gabba games and on the Gold Coast for Metricon games. I forget the exact details as they always have them around 2pm on the Friday arvo and I can never make due to work commitments :cry::cry::cry:. The kids are always invited though and they do the kids clinics for junior members.

Did you enjoy going to the draft smokey?

Is this the 1st Time they done this?

They visited Port Douglas in a recent preseason. I can't remember them visiting so many areas in one hit though. It's really great for interstate supporters. I think its the sort of engagement that is really important. Next they need to rethink and provide some value for their interstate memberships.

They visited Port Douglas in a recent preseason. I can't remember them visiting so many areas in one hit though. It's really great for interstate supporters. I think its the sort of engagement that is really important. Next they need to rethink and provide some value for their interstate memberships.

All those dates are the day before the team playes in that state. Sadly for you, it'd be unlikely the team will fly up to Cairns to train the day before they face Brisbane at the GABBA or Suns at Metricon :(

So I'd imagine all these will be a light training and autograph signing session.

It was an issue that was brought up at the fan forum. Because of the club's training routine this year of not training before gameday, there were no interstate training sessions. It seems like the club are responding to that :thumbsu:

To answer your question about whether it's happened before: As an interstate supporter I don't think I've ever been emailed by the club to say "Hey, the team are coming up to train in your state, here's your chance to have kick to kick with Swanny with tea and scones afterwards".

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see the boys play/train/do yoga at Manuka again some day, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last year, many interstate supporters were dissapointed that the club wouldn't conduct an open training session before each of our interstate games, in fact it made no sense at all to lock our fans out really.

Finally that's changed, this year there's a total of 5 open training sessions before interstate games;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-12-22/save-the-date-in-2015

Queensland Open Training Session
Date:
Friday 3 April
Time: 3.30-5.00pm
Details: Queensland Magpies can watch the team's final training session before taking on Brisbane, with player signings, free face painting and giveaways all available.

Queensland Open Training Session
Date:
Friday 22 May
Details: Queensland Magpies can watch the team's final training session before taking on Brisbane, with player signings, free face painting and giveaways all available.

Western Australia Open Training Session
Date:
Wednesday 24 June
Time: 4.30-6.30pm
Details: West Australian Magpies can watch the team's final training session before taking on Fremantle, with player signings, free face painting and giveaways all available.

South Australia Open Training Session
Date:
Wednesday 8 July
Details: South Australian Magpies can watch the team's final training session before taking on Port Adelaide, with player signings, free face painting and giveaways all available.

NSW Open Training Session
Date:
Thursday 13 August
Venue: SCG
Details: NSW Magpies can watch the team's final training session before taking on Sydney, with player signings, free face painting and giveaways all available.

:):thumbsu:

You failed to point out the blunder I noticed mattys123, and that was Gold Coast's name was excluded. It is impossible to fixture two interstate games against the Brisbane Lions.

If they want to add another location they should seriously consider Madrid :D.

In all seriousness though, this is a good thing they are doing. Collingwood supporters don't just live in Victoria, we are everywhere around Australia!

It's great to repay the fans around Australia for their support. It may seem fairly simple but it's pretty big for the ones who only see the players train and play once or twice a year. We (Victorians) sometimes forget how lucky and fortunate we are to watch Collingwood whenever we want.

oh yeh.... i'm coming to melbourne on march 14-15 weekend...I thought I would give someone the opportunity to drive me to the game in bendigo ....and pay for me to get in ....and a couple of pies and a beer or two..

and the footy record..

no charge for perspective pie fans

Yep. I have been an interstate member in WA for nine years now but struggling to find the motivation to sign up for a tenth.

I feel like they see members as opportunities to make more money. The never ending emails trying to sell me crap are getting tiresome.

These open training sessions seem to be a step in the right direction though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back