Dear MRP, suspend Lewis and Waite for the good of AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing is for sure, if they gave Waite and Lewis warnings at the tribunal, the problem would disappear pretty quickly. Im for it. Give Lewis a warning. If he doesn't do it again he has nothing to worry about. The big problem is throwing the head back. PLayers do it all the time, and if we can see clearly from the vision that there was no reason to do so, then they should be charged. Waite is a certainty for a warning.

I agree ... but this is the same governing body who can't seem to make any opinions about drugs in sport. I doubt they are able to decide what to have for breakfast and have wives who decide what they wear. You really thing this is something they will even discuss?

Seeing a Geelong supporter getting stuck into Lewis for his reaction is ironic as they are so supportive of Selwood's actions. I'd like to see it stamped out, but trying to pretend it's just Lewis or Waite is being naïve. You don't issue warnings to two players, you issue them to ALL players.

Lewis stood over Goddard on the mark and Goddard IMO had every right to try and force him back

Actually he doesn't. Lewis had every right to stand the mark and Goddard had no reason, or right, to shove him. However, I do agree with other posters that I'd like to see over-reactions umpired out of the game in some way.

Actually he doesn't. Lewis had every right to stand the mark and Goddard had no reason, or right, to shove him. However, I do agree with other posters that I'd like to see over-reactions umpired out of the game in some way.

It is very debatable but I believe in that situation if Goddard feels lewis has crept even a CM over the mark he can force him back, thats my opinion on the game

I think most sane people though could see that allowing the game to continue was the correct decision

I suppose those calling for Waite and Lewis to be suspended will also be calling for Jared Polec to be suspended?
Just went down screaming in agony as a ball was contested out of bounds with about a minute to go in the half

oh look, no free, straight back up

Now that's staging!
At least Lewis (I didn't see the Waite one) was actually hit!

Was what Monfries and Jetta did (can't remember what it was they did that got them a reprimand) so much worse than what Lewis and Waite did?

team colours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy for port needs to go too!

Where are you OP?

I think you're insinuating a Hawthorn persecution that isn't there. OP clearly stated he wants staging eradicated, no matter who does it. I agree, and trust me, with Steve Johnson in the team I follow, I'm used to groaning when it comes from my own players. Pointing out that it happens a lot only strengthens the OP's point, doesn't detract from it.

I think you're insinuating a Hawthorn persecution that isn't there. OP clearly stated he wants staging eradicated, no matter who does it. I agree, and trust me, with Steve Johnson in the team I follow, I'm used to groaning when it comes from my own players. Pointing out that it happens a lot only strengthens the OP's point, doesn't detract from it.
No, not insinuating
I'm calling him the idiot he is

I can almost guarantee they'll ask him about that when he's on 360 next week and he'll sheepishly admit he over-egged that one. He may have been caught in just the right spot but the pratfall screamed of acting.

I can almost guarantee they'll ask him about that when he's on 360 next week and he'll sheepishly admit he over-egged that one. He may have been caught in just the right spot but the pratfall screamed of acting.
Of corse he'll say he overplayed it, much like how brown said he didn't know Judd had eye gouged him

Clear staging by both Lewis and Waite. Don't think either of them should go for it though. A warning would be more suitable. Personally, I don't like the hit to Lewis' chest and even more particularly, King's back kick with his stops into Waite's chest. I'd be keener to cut this s**t out tbh, but the OP is known for his overreaction on matters.

Haven't you heard? They stopped all the staging after Leroy Jetta. He's the only person to have ever done it and they got him and there has never been any staging ever since.

team colours

More like bad timing in that they did it when it was the AFL's hot button of the week. We all knew it wouldn't last.

I still remember Michael Johnson copping a 4 week suspension in a preseason game for a 'head hight hit' that would barely be a free kick this year.

Haven't you heard? They stopped all the staging after Leroy Jetta. He's the only person to have ever done it and they got him and there has never been any staging ever since.

Don't forget no tripping either now since Fletch has been made the poster boy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back