Debt and Deficit - Coalition Budget Emergency

Remove this Banner Ad

Rude, ignorant & antisocial young people also get to vote. Its a funny ol' world you know:rolleyes:

Because they're generally dealing with idiots who sabotage reason, it's not a chicken or egg scenario the idiots always come first just like when Hitler sabotaged reason on a global scale over 70 years ago.. he obviously did that before the "rude" people invaded Germany and stopped him.. now the whole world then seemed to agree with reason unfortunately otherwise the coal/copper reicht would've lasted 1000yrs.

The problem is like with the Polish community the NBN policy was already in place. It's done right initially and then all these gremlin boomers have to come in and destroy evolution. The problem with most older people is they're too subjective and can't adapt to a progressing world of technology and reason/fact.
Hence how they offend/affect the prospering generations.

Last edited:

Under Howard and Costello we had two pillars of economic growth, the minerals boom and the pre-GFC housing and investment bubble. Mostly international events beyond our control but we felt the benefit. Howard and Costello got sucked in (as we all did) to thinking that this was the going to be the new normal for the medium term.
I didn't, and I'm no economist.
I made posts on this board at the time that every single boom in history that I am aware of has always been followed by a crash. I stated that perhaps this boom was to be the first in human history that didn't, but that is was unlikely.
If what you're saying is that most economists didn't realise this, then I would say that the study of economics is more closely related to religious studies than science.

Because they're generally dealing with idiots who sabotage reason, it's not a chicken or egg scenario the idiots always come first just like when Hitler sabotaged reason on a global scale over 70 years ago.. he obviously did that before the "rude" people invaded Germany and stopped him.. now the whole world then seemed to agree with reason unfortunately otherwise the coal/copper reicht would've lasted 1000yrs.

The problem is like with the Polish community the NBN policy was already in place. It's done right initially and then all these gremlin boomers have to come in and destroy evolution. The problem with most older people is they're too subjective and can't adapt to a progressing world of technology and reason/fact.
Hence how they offend/affect the prospering generations.

Your generalisation of 'old people' is ignorant. I know some young people who hardly go to school, get in strife, blame others & have no technical knowledge of anything. I know some older people who are very tech savvy & run whole systems without any young experts to guide them. Hence the older ones are creating the future. Young people grow into old people. Its their character & ability is what you should assess, not their age. The current 'older' generations invented all this tech stuff you know!

Some advice. Try to take all people as you find them & try not to make silly generalisations.

Another bit of advice is, Love your mum!

Why do old people get a say on technology they don't understand? More importantly why do they even open their mouth when they're ill-educated on the subject? It's the speed of light ffs honestly people who don't understand it shouldn't be allowed a vote and interfere with it and devolve our society.

Old people need to accept that natural selection has been here for millions of years and they can't stop it and hold the world back forever. It's like how some muslims don't understand mohammed didn't fly to heaven on a winged horse, but we let thousands of them vote too.

As for E/W link the eastern suburbs get more than any other, public schools, hospitals, more major roads etc you already steal most the state wealth when it comes to infastructure. Take away your pretentious unneeded ashburton line for all the rich snobs, not to mention an entire tram service that extends 30km out from the CBD like no other and then you may be comparable to other the suburbs.

I think the East already has enough tbh.
My arn't you a bigoted young fella.

Here is a bit of money that may help the bottom line.
More than 90 per cent of Kevin Andrews' free relationship vouchers are still in want of a couple and a couch, even though the trial period for the scheme is almost half over.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...e-still-looking-for-love-20141218-129nyu.html

But the take up of the scheme has been sluggish, with just 7785 couples registering as of this week for one of 100,000 vouchers. According to the Australian Institute of Family Studies, there are 4,684,701 cohabiting couples in Australia, meaning about 0.2 per cent of couples have taken advantage of the scheme so far.

To promote the vouchers, Mr Andrews' department recently wrote to all marriage celebrants in the country. Seminars with celebrants and family relationship experts have also been organised to stir up interest, and the vouchers are being promoted at bridal expos, GP surgeries and in hospitals.

Why do old people get a say on technology they don't understand? More importantly why do they even open their mouth when they're ill-educated on the subject? It's the speed of light ffs honestly people who don't understand it shouldn't be allowed a vote and interfere with it and devolve our society.
If by old you mean the majority of Ministers in the current government, then I agree.
However I don't think that it purely their age but more lack of exposure and the inability to move with the times, I wonder how many have and use a laptop, research on the internet or even send their own emails?

Considering reckless Joe has ramped the debt up 20% this year alone, has blown the defecit out into uncharted waters at a rate of knots that now he can't even imagine getting back into surplus till the end of the decade; who is left to save us?

Usually when labour get the chance to build the nation after years of liberal neglect, they at least get to do so with a decent economy in place. Tony can't even get that right; he's giving us nothing while accelerating spending and bad debt.

My god, this is a terrible government that only shills like you can see a silver lining from. The worst we have ever seen, and its only a year in.

To think I used to criticize labour for their budgets!
I would of thought this was Labor's debt? If you can't get s**t through the Senate, how can you blame the current government. I will say again though, Hockey should of cut harder and deeper when it comes to spending!

Here is a bit of money that may help the bottom line.
More than 90 per cent of Kevin Andrews' free relationship vouchers are still in want of a couple and a couch, even though the trial period for the scheme is almost half over.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...e-still-looking-for-love-20141218-129nyu.html

But the take up of the scheme has been sluggish, with just 7785 couples registering as of this week for one of 100,000 vouchers. According to the Australian Institute of Family Studies, there are 4,684,701 cohabiting couples in Australia, meaning about 0.2 per cent of couples have taken advantage of the scheme so far.

To promote the vouchers, Mr Andrews' department recently wrote to all marriage celebrants in the country. Seminars with celebrants and family relationship experts have also been organised to stir up interest, and the vouchers are being promoted at bridal expos, GP surgeries and in hospitals.

Is preventative marriage breakdown the same as

preventative medicine.
vaccinations
defensive driver training,
safe work practices,
say no to drugs campiagn

Your generalisation of 'old people' is ignorant. I know some young people who hardly go to school, get in strife, blame others & have no technical knowledge of anything. I know some older people who are very tech savvy & run whole systems without any young experts to guide them. Hence the older ones are creating the future. Young people grow into old people. Its their character & ability is what you should assess, not their age. The current 'older' generations invented all this tech stuff you know!

Some advice. Try to take all people as you find them & try not to make silly generalisations.

Another bit of advice is, Love your mum!

Doesn't change the fact that generally speaking older Australians have this view that "ïts good enough" fatc is its not, australia is already behind the rest of the world in terms of internet speeds and whether you find online content as worth while is irrelevant. its a mulitbillion dollaer industry that Australian buisnesses are cut out of due to the lack of competition because of their only being two telco's and one have way too much power.

the only question is how it should be funded. given the lack competition some government invest must be put in to at the very least start opening up the market. anyone who disagrees with this is pig ignorant and shouldn't get a vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is preventative marriage breakdown the same as

preventative medicine.
vaccinations
defensive driver training,
safe work practices,
say no to drugs campiagn
Not sure it is relevant to what I posted - only 10% have taken up the offer.
Another example of this government being out of touch with the community and trying to push their values.
Some of those you mentioned have had a cut to their funding I believe.

I would of thought this was Labor's debt? If you can't get s**t through the Senate, how can you blame the current government. I will say again though, Hockey should of cut harder and deeper when it comes to spending!

Easy. Their policies are shite and rightly rejected by the senate. As for negotiating, these plonkers couldn't negotiate with an arse to drop a turd

Not sure it is relevant to what I posted - only 10% have taken up the offer.
Another example of this government being out of touch with the community and trying to push their values.
Some of those you mentioned have had a cut to their funding I believe.
Alcohol and Drug Advisory Council has be defunded completely. I would imagine the whole preventative medicine business is going to be going to take a bit of a hit too with the co-payment business too. But we keep funding this farce because divorce makes Andrew's imaginary friend cry.

Exactly. Instead he spent more than ever, and would have even if he got everything through.

This is the worst government in my lifetime. They do nothing constructive, and please no one in the process.

Fascism is capitalism in decline.

the more money that gets handed to corporations, the closer we are to economic catastrophe.

the debt won't matter when we eat the rich.

Y, what you lack in Ratts enthusiasm you make up with in your ability to control C, control V from Fairfax

Seasons greetings to you. Love (ish) your work, resume soon.

Meds

The ABC in Fairfax? LOL, loosen the blue tie and let some blood get to your brain.

Once again you fail to address the facts in the articles or to see the blatant hyprocricy of your conservative heroes or the old wives tales you believe about conservative governments.

I use quotes from various credible sources to make my point and I always provide links to the original articles so others can read for themselves to make their own mind up. Hoping it creates intelligent debate, instead all that seems to happen here is cheerleading from the conservatives and selective amnesia about things said prior to September 2013 by both the Coalition and the conservative posters on these boards. (might have to go on a bumping spree if I get bored over the break....)

I have posted numerous quotes directly from "Real Solutions", but hardly anything from Murdoch press for a reason. Let's see if you can figure out why.

My arn't you a bigoted young fella.

I'm referring to boomer culture and not so much age in general. I'm aware you can't discriminate it's obviously a select group of older people I'm targeting, some have been at NASA over the last 50yrs while the others join internet forums and always have to have over 10 000 posts (that seems to be a hallmark trait). I'm also accept I'll be voting against their media mimicking puppet children over my lifetime, so of course I accept you can't purely discriminate on the basis of age.

The problem and people I was referring to are all the self entitled misanthropics who see their tax as their own personal income. They have built millions in this country on that very system, employing their staff who's labor is the backbone of their livelihood to begin with, their consumers and those staff all have to pay the proper tax rates and their tax rates go up because scumbags like their unbalanced boss see's no obligation in lodging an honest tax return. These degenerates don't want to pay for health, welfare or anything to do with building the society that's responsible for putting them in the position they are. Society gives them all these opportunities and once they grab them they believe they actually have a right to control it.

Why we do not tax a coal and give it back to our nation when it comes out of the ground of the nation would probably be the most warped thing I've ever seen, she's somehow claimed title of minerals owned by the British Royal Family, which is funny because once I went down to a river and took some rocks for my backyard pond, cop caught me and told me O'm actually stealing from someone despite the river being public land as most of them are... funny how I was breaking the law because I wasn't rich.

Last edited:
[QUOTE
I'm referring to boomer culture and not so much age in general. I'm aware you can't discriminate it's obviously a select group of older people I'm targeting, some have been at NASA over the last 50yrs while the others join internet forums and always have to have over 10 000 posts (that seems to be a hallmark trait). I'm also accept I'll be voting against their media mimicking puppet children over my lifetime, so of course I accept you can't purely discriminate on the basis of age.

The problem and people I was referring to are all the self entitled misanthropics who see their tax as their own personal income. They have built millions in this country on that very system, employing their staff who's labor is the backbone of their livelihood to begin with, their consumers and those staff all have to pay the proper tax rates and their tax rates go up because scumbags like their unbalanced boss see's no obligation in lodging an honest tax return. These degenerates don't want to pay for health, welfare or anything to do with building the society that's responsible for putting them in the position they are. Society gives them all these opportunities and once they grab them they believe they actually have a right to control it.

Why we do not tax a coal and give it back to our nation when it comes out of the ground of the nation would probably be the most warped thing I've ever seen, she's somehow claimed title of minerals owned by the British Royal Family, which is funny because once I went down to a river and took some rocks for my backyard pond, cop caught me and told me O'm actually stealing from someone despite the river being public land as most of them are... funny how I was breaking the law because I wasn't rich.

You simply don't get it yet

Surely this can't be true! The Libs squandering money. Say it isn't so!

John Hewson, former Liberal leader, economist and now professor with the Crawford School of Public Policy at the Australian National University, underlines the point: “The tax cuts Howard and Costello gave are now costing [the budget] about $30 billion a year, and the deficit’s $40 billion.”

Not to mention the around $6 billion p.a foregone by the abolition of the Carbon Tax.

http://bit.ly/1w7gEdi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back