December - Forgotten how to bet. #off-spring

Remove this Banner Ad

imagine how much better our racing would be if all the horses who started off in Australia still raced here. not going to happen anymore unfortunately. kinda why our mares are winning more big races than they used too
Take out the 4 G1's yesterday - of the 6 remaining races, 5 were won by horses who started their careers in Aus or NZ (including the trifecta in R6).

The remaining race was won by Jolly Jolly, who's by Stratum out of a NZ mare.

any guesses?

Owners just sacked Burles. The Cleaner now moving to the mainland and mornington of all places. regardless of the blood results.

any guesses? Carey is the one that comes to mind.

Bit sad really. Not quite Tommy Woodcock and Reckless but Burles and The Cleaner just go together.

As for the next trainer - no idea. Probably just a mate of one of the owners.

Looking forward to seeing Capitalist go around at Wyong on Tuesday, just had a look back at how he compared to previous winners of the Breeders in Vancouver and Pierro, I had him on par with Pierro and about a length superior to Vancouver but did so in much easier fashion than both.

His recent trial was excellent, think he just wins the Magic Millions and who knows what else he can do in the Autumn.

Also think the stablemate Flippant will take some beating in the 3yo events, recent trial also impressive when the blinkers went on.

I'm loathe to bet on a Maiden in Coffs Harbour midweek but the top weight in the 2nd, Academy Hill ticks all the boxes for me.

Multi-ed it into the 2 short favourites in the first 2 @ Bairnsdale. Chances are they probably both won't get up, but this is my midweek $10 flutter.

1.45 x 1.75 x Best Tote. I'm in the hands of the betting gods.

I'm loathe to bet on a Maiden in Coffs Harbour midweek but the top weight in the 2nd, Academy Hill ticks all the boxes for me.

Multi-ed it into the 2 short favourites in the first 2 @ Bairnsdale. Chances are they probably both won't get up, but this is my midweek $10 flutter.

1.45 x 1.75 x Best Tote. I'm in the hands of the betting gods.

Down to the Value leg. Oh dear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking track Geelong. If it's not savage leader bias there's fastlanes down the outside.

D for Delicacy day amirite.

Had a good go at her mid last week when bob confirmed she was 100% and going for it while Neverland would go the St Ledger. dont normally like antepost but that price was crazy.

been playing around with new system in last month and thought i'd just give it a go. testing in HK just because IMO their markets are much more accurate and data is easier to get to. 100% computer based tips so they're very inaccurate and if i can get to break even in HK in long run i'll go with it.

excel is getting pretty messy so i need to put bests somewhere so i'll post here.

Race 4: Packing Dragon $6.5
Race 5: Whistle Blower $7 (now 6.5)*
Race 7: Bullish Smart $10 (now 7.5)
Race 8: Grace Heart $9.

Best Longshot
Race 3: Super Sweet Orange $67/$16
Best Fave
Race 3: Hella Hedge $2.8

I think it's currently favouring on paced runners too much but its just been bugging me not going on with it.

done a handful of historic markets and its performed poorly but has +ROI probably due to luck more than anything.

Last edited:
I see Capitalist saluted in the 2yo Wyong. Anyone watch and advise how it went?

I posted earlier in the week I had him on par with Pierro and ahead of Vancouver on their Breeders runs, today was just a pipe opener, untouched, can't see it being beat in the Millions, plenty of water under the bridge before the Slipper but he is miles in front at this point.

Flippant will take beating in the 3yo Millions also, didn't realize she was she was a 3qtr to Atlantic Jewel.

Caroline ‏@CaroSearcc 2h2 hours ago

Flippant is a star! Hinchinbrook 3/4 sis to Atlantic Jewel @SnowdenRacing1

2 retweets 5 likes

Looking at the times, if they are correct it was nothing special, only ran 4.5 lengths quicker than the maiden over 1100M, it was the matter in which he did it though, as I said a pipe opener for the big one in 3 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back