Decisions, Decisions...

• Thread starter The Hitman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

T

The Hitman

I need some help with a big decision I need to make for next year.

I am trying to decide whether to play footy next year, or to take a year off.

I want to play seniors with PiesPremiers for a lower division inner suburban club, so I don't have to train often and I could be in the midfield with Dan.

The thing is, they play Saturday arvo's, which is when the majority of Hawthorn matches are. I am becoming a Hawthorn and Box Hill member next year, so I will miss one match a week.

I also have had knee and calf problems this year, and my right knee is still feeling the effects of straining a ligament twice. At the moment I feel pain if I try and kick the ball too far, and my running is no where near what it used to be.

I want to do a pre-season and get really fit though, even if I don't play footy. I need to strengthen the knee and I have put on a little bit of weight because I have done basically no excercise since I did my knee last.

So basically it's the joy of playing footy versus the joy of watching Hawthorn/Box Hill and injury.

Please help me out... :( :confused:

The Hitman

Would you be playing in the juniors, or under 19s or seniors? If you play for a division 1 club in the juniors, or under 19s or seniors and reserves, I may be their to watch. That is enough reason for you to play next year.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by play on
Would you be playing in the juniors, or under 19s or seniors? If you play for a division 1 club in the juniors, or under 19s or seniors and reserves, I may be their to watch. That is enough reason for you to play next year.:rolleyes:

It would be a lower divison seniors club. Lowest division possible... ;) :D

The Hitman

Forgot to mention I'm kinda involved with Hawthorn. So I don't exactly know if they would be too impressed if I missed most of their games...

The Hitman

I made a pretty easy choice to give footy (playing) the arse when I moved back from Sydney.

Best move I made I reckon..... I now have to much on between watching footy and taekwondo.

I choose the pies over playing..... Unless you are after a career in footy, Then that changes things.

Mags

It disappoints me Brett that your unsure of what you want to do. But at the same time, i understand, with commitments to hawthorn etc.
Im playing, and i will probably miss 5 or 6 games a year. (Collingwood games)
This is the reason i stopped playing last year, also with a bad knee, i needed time off anyway.
I will miss going to the footy, but my knee is pretty ordinary now, i dont know how much longer i will have the opportunity to play.
SO IM PLAYING!
Look out opposition midfielders! :D

Originally posted by PiesPremiers
It disappoints me Brett that your unsure of what you want to do. But at the same time, i understand, with commitments to hawthorn etc.
Im playing, and i will probably miss 5 or 6 games a year. (Collingwood games)
This is the reason i stopped playing last year, also with a bad knee, i needed time off anyway.
I will miss going to the footy, but my knee is pretty ordinary now, i dont know how much longer i will have the opportunity to play.
SO IM PLAYING!
Look out opposition midfielders! :D

Yes Dan, I am unsure... :(

Oh, and if anyone can recommend a really crap inner-suburban senior team that we could play for, please go ahead.*

The Hitman

*Disclaimer: All suggestions saying St. Kilda will be laughed at then dismissed...

Originally posted by The Hitman

Yes Dan, I am unsure... :(

Oh, and if anyone can recommend a really crap inner-suburban senior team that we could play for, please go ahead.*

The Hitman

*Disclaimer: All suggestions saying St. Kilda will be laughed at then dismissed...

Research, who's senior team is Lower Plenty are pretty ordinary ;)
Maybe thats the go??

Originally posted by Mags

Can I Suggest Hawthorn ;) :D

Mags

Round 1: Hawthorn 13.7.85 defeated Collingwood 11.15.81
Round 16: Hawthorn 21.18.144 defeated Collingwood 14.5.89

What was that Mags? :D :D :D

The Hitman

Round 16: Hawthorn 21.18.144 defeated Collingwood 14.5.89

What was that Mags? :D :D :D

The Hitman
Play for McGuire then ... I mean Collingwood

no insult on collingwood was intended in this post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 Hawthorns Aaron Lord Smacked Licuria....too bad he didnt finish his year, and the Copeland would have gone to someone else. :D
No, im joking....you will pay lord...if you get a chance to play league football again! haha :D

Chirper

If I was in your situaution I'd piss playing footy right off and watch my beloved Doggies :D

But we play on Sundays............LUCKY ME :cool:

Originally posted by Mr Ripper
Preston Bullants are looking for players. Not sure if it's open age or only juniors though...

Don't they look for players of a Shane Watson capabilty?

:confused:

Mags

Originally posted by Mr Ripper
Preston Bullants are looking for players. Not sure if it's open age or only juniors though...

If Shannon Gibson can get a game, well so can I! :D :D :D

Uh oh...Chris is gonna kill me! :eek: :eek: :D

The Hitman

If Shannon Gibson can get a game, well so can I! :D :D :D

Uh oh...Chris is gonna kill me! :eek: :eek: :D

The Hitman

LMAO! :D:D
I'd would be an honour to play along side Shane "Nice ears, where'd you get them" Watson. A collingwood legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back