Review Dees v Gary Ablett Jr and the Gold Coast Suns - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Dynamite

Team Captain
Nov 26, 2011
Casey
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC , Boston Red Sox
I like Georgiou, he is strong, seems to rarely get beaten in one on ones, and he plays within his abilities and goes the percentages, unlike Nicho and Terlich he doesn't go for kicks he will never make. At this stage I'd have him fringe 22. At worst provides good depth once Garlo and Hogan are in.
He is something we don't have a lot of, a defender who busts his guts trying to defend.
With Frawley forward and Garland out he is forced to play on bigger and better forwards than he should.
Has been our best defender thus far, but did struggle Sunday.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Viney's kicking is incredibly awkward though, you have to admit, and there's not a right boot in sight.
No way. He plays the percentages when he's under pressure and kicks to advantage when he's not. I've seen him kick OK off the right too. He's never going to be Darren Jarman like with his foot skills but for the type of player he is, they are rather good.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
- Roosy - think he tried to be a bit too fancy this week... Pedo back forward, Dunn down back when they'd been playing quite well in the opposite place...

Could not figure this out for the life of me either, Dunn was playing smart footy as a forward, and Pedo was playing less dumb as a defender. It was noticeable that when Pedo went into the ruck, which he did more often this week, we looked a better team.
Hasn't seemed that way the last couple of weeks.... crumbles under pressure as well.

But he'll keep improving, I can see him as a reliable back up player.

No doubt he and McDonald were monstered at times and lowered their colours on the day. But how funny was the big GC bloke (cant remember name) lined up Dunn for a bit hip and shoulder, came barreling in and literally bounced off a stationary Dunn, who stood there completely unmoved for a couple of seconds, looked at the guy who was sprawling around in disbelief, then ran off. Funny
stuff, plus shows how strong Dunn is.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Pedo actually had a few taps to advantage when he rucked. Nearly fell out of my seat.

His follow up work was also really good he has been hugely keen to lay big strong tackles this season, My opinion of him is changing every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back