Review Dees v the GWS Mercs - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because I expected us to win, and because I put fake money on us, doesn't mean I'm not surprised we are 0-3. FWIW I tipped St Kilda, and WCE and just thought the pressure of the occasion would get to the Giants. If you did in fact expect us to be 2-1, after 3 rounds, then the question needs to be asked: Do you even Melbourne Football Club?

Didn't say that at all,i predicted the Giants to flog us yesterday (unlike you) but if we couldnt beat one of the Giants or Saints (without a midfield) my point remains, thats as easy as it will get, by round 11 we will be 0-11. How on earth could you possibly predict us to be winning a game before then?

Didn't say that at all,i predicted the Giants to flog us yesterday (unlike you) but if we couldnt beat one of the Giants or Saints (without a midfield) my point remains, thats as easy as it will get, by round 11 we will be 0-11. How on earth could you possibly predict us to be winning a game before then?
So if you predicted GWS to flog us, why exactly are you so outraged by the result? If anything it sounds as if we did better than what you were expecting seeing as we were still right in the game at the start of the last quarter.

So if you predicted GWS to flog us, why exactly are you so outraged by the result? If anything it sounds as if we did better than what you were expecting seeing as we were still right in the game at the start of the last quarter.

Jesus Christ. Im incensed with the people on this board with their head burried in the sand. We are terrible, 0-22 terrible, maybe 1-22 if we get lucky. Im incensed with the nimrods that were in charge of recruiting that have ruined this club. Im incensed with the excuses being afforded to the players. Its more than results, the results i can live with, but saying 'players need to be developed better' 'the players are scarred' is just an easy way out for a bunch of pussies (not all, but 80% of the list). What pisses me off the most is that i saw this coming, a long, long way out. I told you our draft picks were pure garbage, i told you players like Byrnes and Dawes will add absolutely nothing to this club, me, a mug on the big footy boards predicted this crap will all go arse up, while people who are paid top coin to make these calls for the club have been the architect's of our demise. Yet the club expects us all (paying members) to continually front up with cash. How can a person such as me see this coming but no one else can?

Its like a ****ing merry go round. Every year it seems to be the same.

Im far from going to say Roos is a bad appointment (he has hella street cred) but Toumpas (as much as im not sure about him) needs to play, give me a kid (with some relative skills) compared to hacks such as Evans any day. That will keep me paying up and caring, right now our AFL side is VFL/local league fodder, filled with blokes who wont get any better and dont have the desire to.

In the game until the last quarter, please lets be serious, it wasnt anything we did, it was a combo of the weather, our straight kicking and GWS only playing well in one quarter (the last)

Strewth we've played 3 games of footy and we're 0-22.

Who will we beat? I say the only hope is St.Kilda, if the kids tire towards the end of the year. 1-21, maybe...

Jesus Christ. Im incensed with the people on this board with their head burried in the sand. We are terrible, 0-22 terrible, maybe 1-22 if we get lucky. Im incensed with the nimrods that were in charge of recruiting that have ruined this club. Im incensed with the excuses being afforded to the players. Its more than results, the results i can live with, but saying 'players need to be developed better' 'the players are scarred' is just an easy way out for a bunch of pussies (not all, but 80% of the list). What pisses me off the most is that i saw this coming, a long, long way out. I told you our draft picks were pure garbage, i told you players like Byrnes and Dawes will add absolutely nothing to this club, me, a mug on the big footy boards predicted this crap will all go arse up, while people who are paid top coin to make these calls for the club have been the architect's of our demise. Yet the club expects us all (paying members) to continually front up with cash. How can a person such as me see this coming but no one else can?

Its like a ****ing merry go round. Every year it seems to be the same.

Im far from going to say Roos is a bad appointment (he has hella street cred) but Toumpas (as much as im not sure about him) needs to play, give me a kid (with some relative skills) compared to hacks such as Evans any day. That will keep me paying up and caring, right now our AFL side is VFL/local league fodder, filled with blokes who wont get any better and dont have the desire to.

In the game until the last quarter, please lets be serious, it wasnt anything we did, it was a combo of the weather, our straight kicking and GWS only playing well in one quarter (the last)

Are club is so pathetic that even the supporters accept mediocrity and dont demand anymore

It still blows me away that people are Happy for Jack Watts to be a soft utensil because he kicks it nicely ( I get that he is not THE problem but he is symbolic of the current standards at the club)

We have a bunch of Hacks who put in effort and a bunch of skilled players with no real desire

Also if anyone can seriously post on this board that we arent a $1.01 to go 0-22 then you are blind to how bad we are
Every week i turn on hoping that we will do something different and play like a normal AFL side but we dont

There are 17 AFL teams and then us, there is no way we are going to Subiaco and being infront against WC at half time, and there is no way we upset richmond

We dont deserve to be a club at the moment

Are club is so pathetic that even the supporters accept mediocrity and dont demand anymore

It still blows me away that people are Happy for Jack Watts to be a soft utensil because he kicks it nicely ( I get that he is not THE problem but he is symbolic of the current standards at the club)

We have a bunch of Hacks who put in effort and a bunch of skilled players with no real desire

I dont blame Jack, he is who he is. I blame the morons who recruited him with pick 1.

Totally agree with your first line. :thumbsu:....supporters, hook line and sinker.

Last edited:
You can see why Roos has dropped Trengove, Toumpas & Michie. He's trying to build a team where you need to reach certain standards in the seconds (in whatever categories) before being able to play in the firsts.

Unfortunately, by dropping the players that aren't performing to those standards in the firsts you have to promote players at this stage that are hardly reaching those standards themselves.

When we get to the point where that system works we will be a true football team.

Relax, there is no way a team under Paul Roos will end a season 0-22. We'll win at least a couple.

I see your working under TPM's theory of throw enough darts at the dart board and you will eventually hit it. No idea who or how we will win, but there is 22 games, im sure we will win a couple, i mean surely, we arent as bad as Fitzroy? Are we? Maybe we are.

Anyone who isnt filthy at this club atm needs to take a look at themselves
We are among one of the worst football teams in history and its got only a small amount to do with the 'talent'
There is a whole culture of mediocrity accepted around this club now that includes the attitudes of , player x doesnt have to do this cuz he does this, or player x who is in the reserves who hasnt played yet will be a key pillar of this side for a decade
Its ok that we lost to GWS and StKilda and the Eagles by 93 points, because in a 22 game season we are bound to sneak 1 arent we?
Dont worry about 22 guys willing to bleed for the jumper, we just need 5 guys who can kick it pretty

* this club, seriously the game is done an dusted but I am still filthy.. Im so sick of this joint

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest every time we lose badly half our supporters blame Jack Watts and call him a soft****. I didn't think he was that bad and I don't think that means I'm accepting mediocrity. The team is a lot worse than mediocre and nobody is happy about that but it is the team we have got at the moment. Richmond 'didn't accept mediocrity' fired everyone, ranted and raved for 30 years and it got them exactly nowhere.

To be honest every time we lose badly half our supporters blame Jack Watts and call him a soft****. I didn't think he was that bad and I don't think that means I'm accepting mediocrity. The team is a lot worse than mediocre and nobody is happy about that but it is the team we have got at the moment. Richmond 'didn't accept mediocrity' fired everyone, ranted and raved for 30 years and it got them exactly nowhere.

I dont blame Jack Watts but if Dean Terlich played with the effort of Jack Watts this whole board would hand back there membership if he ever played a game again
I dont see why Jack Watts is devoid of that criticism because he looks pretty

Richmond didnt have draft pick upon draft pick to get out of their hole in an era (80's and 90's) where people are payed big bucks to find the best players, despite Wallace's * ups of the 2000's they steadied the ship and made slow but steady ground after bottoming out, ours is a bottomless pit. Even when Spitmond were useless, the players showed some fight, had some pride in the jumper.

Last edited:
Getting a bit agro in here. Guys need to remember we just watch the game. None of this is any supporters fault. We all want to see the team improve and win. We are all entitled to our own beliefs. Chiiiiilllll dudes.

Getting a bit agro in here. Guys need to remember we just watch the game. None of this is any supporters fault. We all want to see the team improve and win. We are all entitled to our own beliefs. Chiiiiilllll dudes.

Me and Rude are going to 1 by 1 change the attitude of every melbourne supporter hear until the board becomes one giant **********

I personally can't stand people being even slightly OK with what these players are showing anymore

I dont blame Jack Watts but if Dean Terlich played with the effort of Jack Watts this whole board would hand back there membership if he ever played a game again
I dont see why Jack Watts is devoid of that criticism because he looks pretty

If he wasnt a number one pick we all wouldnt be so upset, lets be honest. Like i said, he is who he is, he wont change. Our moronic recruiting tandem of Pretenderghastly and Harrington are to blame for what you see before you. So many 1st and 2nd round spuds, you couldnt miss as much as them if you tried.

Me and Rude are going to 1 by 1 change the attitude of every melbourne supporter hear until the board becomes one giant **********

I personally can't stand people being even slightly OK with what these players are showing anymore
Look I understand the sentiment and I too am completely fed up with the MFC... But you can't blame blokes here trying to eek out a couple of minor positives despite the continual trouncings. If we can't find even the slightest thing to cheer, why would we keep showing up and subjecting ourselves to 3 hours of pain and self-loathing every week?

If he wasnt a number one pick we all wouldnt be so upset, lets be honest. Like i said, he is who he is, he wont change. Our moronic recruiting tandem of Pretenderghastly and Harrington are to blame for what you see before you. So many 1st and 2nd round spuds, you couldnt miss as much as them if you tried.

Also though if he wasnt a number one pick he would have been traded already and be at carlton being a soft prick there

Since 2004 We have had
Nathan Jones
James Frawley
Colin Garland
Tom Mcdonald

Thats all I can think of as draft picks who would be considered above average

10 Drafts , 5 players per draft average = 4 out of 50 picks have been succesfull

Its beyond belief that we could miss so many, Im yet to be convinced that we Toumpas and Salem werent also wrong but they do have time to buck the trend

Most of the board have become acclimatised and believe things are defiantly coming right this time! i fall in and out of patches of it. Then i watch us play a game on the weekend and spend an hour bent over the toilet throwing my guts up over the horrid crap my eyes witness weekly. Someone on Monday and Tuesday has to pay, and i have to vent. Every week i think, surely, we cant play any worse, but we always seem to outdo ourselves.

Look I understand the sentiment and I too am completely fed up with the MFC... But you can't blame blokes here trying to eek out a couple of minor positives despite the continual trouncings. If we can't find even the slightest thing to cheer, why would we keep showing up and subjecting ourselves to 3 hours of pain and self-loathing every week?

Coz we are Gen-Y Emo's who enjoy cutting ourselves?

When your on a rollercoaster your supposed to go tumbling down at high speed , run along gather some speed and then head up again
We have all been going around in a circle for 7 years now
In the distance I can see all these other people going up and down and around and having so much fun
we are just slowly rotating around the same spot over again
The next person who leans over to me and says well im kinda having some fun, its kinda cool when you shut your eyes im going to spew on and then throw them under the carrage

It sounds like Howe was playing in the midfield? I didn't see the game and I'm only saying this off his statistics. But it sounds like he could be a genuine midfielder instead of a forward, or even part time forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back