Review Dees v the Paddlepop Lions: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon one of the biggest problems is our role/fringe players can't play their role for 22 rounds (like Bail, Terlich, M Jones, Pedo, etc) - so when those guys drop off our good players also struggle carrying more of the load, although Jones and Vince have been really consistent in the middle.

Vince probably had his worst game for us today in terms of decision making, a few baffling kicks straight to the opposition, it's like our horde of poor kicking players infected the handful who are usually reliable, even Jetta shanked a short kick under no pressure, it was just bizarre

Vince probably had his worst game for us today in terms of decision making, a few baffling kicks straight to the opposition, it's like our horde of poor kicking players infected the handful who are usually reliable, even Jetta shanked a short kick under no pressure, it was just bizarre

Yeah, he was poor today - but in general he's been really consistent I think.

On the flipside, it would create better acoustics for the Benny Hill music being played over the loud speakers.

Or was that just being played in my head?
I hear it too, unfortunately i don't see any girls running around in their lingerie.... Just a bunch of girls in red and blue footy gear...

Good chance it'll end as two wins in 2013 and 4 in 2014. I'm hoping it eventuates as a trend of doubling each year, as opposed to a +2 incremental increase. 2 in 2013, 4 in 2014, 8 in 2016, 16 in 2017...32 in 2018?

I saw some people wearing afl Canada gear. If that's their first live experience of our great game, well I think they will return to ice hockey. Ugly ugly game.
Daniel Merrett did a pretty good ice hockey impression today, I thought.

Good chance it'll end as two wins in 2013 and 4 in 2014. I'm hoping it eventuates as a trend of doubling each year, as opposed to a +2 incremental increase. 2 in 2013, 4 in 2014, 8 in 2016, 16 in 2017...32 in 2018?

Ive been saying for months that I could see this team winning 32 in a year sooner or later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vince hasn't been great of late but he's still had more good games this year than Sylvia has had in his career to date.

We are well ahead on that exchange, no doubt about it. Even though Bernie was terrible today, he has been pretty good for us this year.

Just watched the Roos presser. Blunt and to the point, but I feel sorry for him. He is only now realising the sheer ineptitude of some of our skills/footy smarts.

I hope he flogs the living crap out of them at training, then gets out the broom come September. A hell of a lot of rubbish to sweep out in this team.

As horrendous as today was, I still think 8 wins next year is a reasonable prediction, however players like McKenzie, Tapscott, Terlich and Bail* can't be getting a game. And if we recruit well, they won't be. Plus Hogan, Toumpas, Michie and a fully fit Trengove are all to come into the side, and all have high ceilings.

Worth mentioning again that T-Mac was a genuine positive today. He seems to save his best games for when everyone else around him is crumbling.

*gives great effort but plainly isn't good enough for this level

We are well ahead on that exchange, no doubt about it. Even though Bernie was terrible today, he has been pretty good for us this year.

Just watched the Roos presser. Blunt and to the point, but I feel sorry for him. He is only now realising the sheer ineptitude of some of our skills/footy smarts.

I hope he flogs the living crap out of them at training, then gets out the broom come September. A hell of a lot of rubbish to sweep out in this team.

He looked like he wanted to cry and then punch somebody at the presser
If calmest coach ive ever seen in charge of us is losing the plot

Tapscott ain't the worst. I still genuinely think he can be a very good footballer, and as we've seen with McGlynn, JPK, etc, Roos has a knack for turning stalled young, talented players around. It'll be interesting to see if another club picks him up should we delist him.

He was average against the Bulldogs as well. Has gotten right into the spirit of our Docklands curse.

He was average against the Bulldogs as well. Has gotten right into the spirit of our Docklands curse.

That kick on the wing as we were streaming forward in the last quarter! I'm lost for words! For supposedly one of the better kicks in the AFL, to not even get close to one of the two free players who had 15+ metres on opponents is... I'm lost for words! So many skill errors and poor decisions today. I've seen some terrible footy, but today pretty much takes the cake. Just awful.

For all the s**t we cop about not coming to win, I'm pretty sure Brisbane started with a 5 man forward line today?

One thing that shat me about Jetta today was the amount of times he handballed to a running McDonald (it may have only been 2/3 times, but that's too many).... you're a better kick then him! Don't give him the ball Jetts!

You have to be able to pass to the jumper rather than the player. The problem here isn't Jetts passing the ball to Tom Mac, it's the fact that someone with Tom Mac's disposal skills is getting played.

As horrendous as today was, I still think 8 wins next year is a reasonable prediction, however players like McKenzie, Tapscott, Terlich and Bail* can't be getting a game. And if we recruit well, they won't be. Plus Hogan, Toumpas, Michie and a fully fit Trengove are all to come into the side, and all have high ceilings.

Worth mentioning again that T-Mac was a genuine positive today. He seems to save his best games for when everyone else around him is crumbling.

*gives great effort but plainly isn't good enough for this level

Completely agree with this, also add in Salem to that list. Factor in those close losses we had, could of easily gotten closer to 8 this year. The Essendon match was the one we pinched, the other ones were matches where a team that's use to being thumped, couldn't find a way to win. Especially those bulldogs matches.

I reckon one of the biggest problems is our role/fringe players can't play their role for 22 rounds (like Bail, Terlich, M Jones, Pedo, etc) - so when those guys drop off our good players also struggle carrying more of the load, although Jones and Vince have been really consistent in the middle.
I reckon the bigger issue is with guys firmly entrenched in the 21 just not giving us enough on a regular basis. Watts, Dawes, Garlo just not impacting games lately is a bigger problem, IMHO.

That and the fact we still really don't have enough good mids - it blows me away that some people have started to talk about us taking a KPP in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back