Autopsy Dees vs the GWS Dollarmites - The bad & the fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biff left early to try to spike the GWS players drinks before the game so I thought I'd get this started for.

You thoughts please.

To make it easy for the lazy after the game I've provided multiple choice responses:

The result was.....
  • Excruciating
  • Exasperating
  • Expected
  • Encouraging
  • Emphatic
  • Exceptional
I'd say at some point during the game we'll experience all of these options.

Edit: Those in red are no longer options.

Last edited:

pviacMJ.jpg

Fugly : I brought my daughter to come and watch this display.

Good thing is frawley should be somewhere else next season!

Just saw them coming down the race... The silent looks on the fans faces speak volumes more than that one chick yelling at them

The Good
- Being able to catch a half of Freo/Hawks
- A lot of those blokes won't be playing footy for us next year

The Bad
- We can't sack them all

The FUgly
- The 10+ years it'll take to rebuild this mess
- Having paid for a membership
- 0% chance Frawley will get us a 1st rounder even if he does leave after that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw them coming down the race... The silent looks on the fans faces speak volumes more than that one chick yelling at them

Said the same thing when supporters were doing that in the Neeld era. It is STILL happening. This club is putrid.

One of the worst loses in the history of this once proud club. Pride... a word that 99% of this list would have no idea of its meaning.

Top to bottom - toxic.

I'm sorry but that can't be an appropriate depiction of the MFC as some of the train seems to still be on the tracks.
It's a busted train being dragged back on to the tracks even though it's clearly a write off. Perfectly apt.

The grass will need to be scrubbed as we just layed a huge turd on the MCG. This playing group have no excuses anymore can't blame Schwab, Bailey, Neeld etc. GWS almost had nobody left on the bench and that is the best we can do. Our list needs a bulldozer.

Guys I went down to the race and booed them as they came off. I told Jack Watts who was a metre away that ballroom dancing was on tonight. I was then beset by two younger guys (both MFC) the larger of whom told me i had no right to boo my own club.

Well * you mate. As I said back, I have been a member since 1982. If I do a s**t job at work I get my arse kicked. Why should these princesses be exempt?

Whoever you are guys - as I said, revel in the mediocrity! Cheer it on!

And Jack Watts good luck with the tango tonight you dickless piece of crap.

Good:
- Thought Jetta and Howe were okay. Gawn had some good moments too
Bad:
Fugly:
- Being outworked by a young team with one fit person on the bench (plus a bunch of niggles)
- Being beaten physically by that same team in most contests
- The lack of spread to provide options or run to support teammates
- Our forward structure. Dawes is ****ed and couldn't catch a cold at Milhouse's birthday. Frawley was similarly useless up there. We have no decent crumbers and struggle to put pressure on defences running the ball out. We also let them mark the ball too often in defense. Whatever happened to at least making a contest?
- Our ball use going forward - skills are s**t so it's always dodgy but our decision making is equally appalling. Why do we always kick deep into the pockets?!!!! * IT SHITS ME TO ******* TEARS! ARGHGHGHGHG! WE DON'T EVEN MOVE IT QUICKLY THERE SO IT'S NOT LIKE THERE'S SPACE. IF WE'RE GOING TO BOMB TO 10 campaignerS IN A CONTEST WHY NOT MAKE IT AT THE TOP OF THE ******* SQUARE SO IF WE DO FLUKE A SHOT IT MIGHT GO IN!
- Tom McDonald is a ******* stupid footballer.
- Frawley was ordinary
- Our focus this year has been on defense and competitiveness as per the 'Roos mantra' yet we defended like s**t all day. We were beaten so easily in contests and on the spread. They ran/chipped it from one end to another all day and tore us to pieces.
- This game reminded me a lot of the Neeld era. Players had no confidence; we moved so slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwlly down the field. Why does no one push back hard from a mark, rather than dawdle a few steps back? All we did was bomb down the line in hope of a mark (lol) or a throw in. We were easily beaten inside and outside by GWS; they completely controlled the game after quarter time. A better team would've challenged 186 today. We just gave up and were so far behind them all day. ****ed if I know how to fix it either; there's just so many problems with the team at the minute.

Good:

Roos got the loss he needed to wake him from his 2005 slumber. You simply CANNOT instil one facet of the game at a time. Football is organic, it all has to come together at the same time and gradually build in each area. Our 1 dimensional training has been ridiculous. In the modern game each aspect depends on the other.

Bad:

Fitness. They ran right over us with hardly anyone on the bench.

Fugly:

No attacking characteristics what so ever.

Basic skills lacking.

Can't tackle, kick, run, spread, mark, shepherd etc...

Anything we took out of the first half of the year went down the toilet as I was worried it would. A wasted couple of months is turning into a wasted year after today.

The fact that there are players all around the country in lesser leagues who have to go to work and earn a crust tomorrow morning wondering how many of these useless pricks are on $100,000s a year.

There are SANFL clubs with better players and that are being coached simple, logical, clinical football basics that MFC don't. We don't need a messiah coach, we just need a normal ******* football coach who coaches normal ******* football. First Neeld, now Roos - why don't they get it?

* it, get Buddha Hocking from Port reserves or Brad Gotch from South Adelaide and just teach them the basics of the game. The solution to our problem is so ******* simple, but they just get too caught up with making our job so ******* complicated. Teach them how to move the football and all this bullshit about being scarred from the last 7 odd years disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back