Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newnes is one to watch in preseason - could get more midfield minutes, as this year was basically off a hbf.

81 SC '14 ave, could hopefully see him go 90+.
My thoughts on this Newnes discussion...sounds a lot like the Jimmy Webster and Aaron Siposs discussions of years gone by. Weren't they meant to be 'must haves' too? I don't think I have ever seen the boy play so have no informed opinion of his actually ability. Just feel like I'm having a nightmarish case of deja vu about running halfbacks from St Kilda. Might give him a miss, not sure I can afford another year of SC related therapy

My thoughts on this Newnes discussion...sounds a lot like the Jimmy Webster and Aaron Siposs discussions of years gone by. Weren't they meant to be 'must haves' too? I don't think I have ever seen the boy play so have no informed opinion of his actually ability. Just feel like I'm having a nightmarish case of deja vu about running halfbacks from St Kilda. Might give him a miss, not sure I can afford another year of SC related therapy

I agree with the sentiments, 'fool me once....'.

But Newnes does tick a lot more boxes than Siposs & Webster;

- playing his 4th year in '15 - the supposed breakout year (Siposs was 3rd year, Webster 2nd year)
- settled into Saints best 22 - 6th in '14 B&F
- played full 22 games this year for 81 SC ave

I'm not saying he is a lock by any stretch, but he's on my watchlist, with an eye on the NAB to see if Richo looks to give him more midfield time.

Disclosure - Newnes is my BF Saints Board advocate player FWIW

I suspect it's not an exhaustive list, Newnes should be on it given he was named as DPP in AFL Fantasy. They would have highlighted Dal though, so I think our hopes are dashed on that one.

Yes this, Newnes played half back and pushing into the wing and midfield at times all season long, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't.a M/D.

Siposs busted due to laziness. Newnes is pushing himself to the limits and pre-season, blitzing all the time trials etc, and has a full 22 game year with an average of 80 under his belt while averaging 20+ posies, he'll be up there again. Webster never had a full season so far and Newnes is a year older. Will be SC relevant IMO at his price.

Biggs hasn't received DPP, but I still think he's one to strongly consider in the mids. Is an accumulator.

Without DPP he should be def... that's the only position he ever played for us.

Without DPP he should be def... that's the only position he ever played for us.

I think if they don't play x amount of games in the AFL i think it goes off the VFL/NEAFL/WAFL/SANFL (dunno if they do heatmaps for that) stats.
Just assuming this as McBean went from being a Ruck/Fwd to being a straight Fwd without playing a single AFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Gibson... thoughts? With Frawley coming in he could become a third tall, meaning more points?

Josh Gibson... thoughts? With Frawley coming in he could become a third tall, meaning more points?
I have him on my watchlist. Going cheap with my defenders and at his price, I need to figure if he's going to be good enough to hold the D1 spot.

He definitely will be playing spare more. Good selection IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back