Deledio Vs Griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

Deledio would be right in his element if he played for the doggies.
His skills are a perfect fit with our game plan.

As for Deledio v Griffen, I reckon they're on a par.

I would have said Deledio just, but he is obviously finding it harder to shine at Richmond and his skills aren't being utilised to their maximum. Pretty much even I would say, though with Deledio's extra height and marking ability I would probably opt for him if forced to split them.

So he jas outperformed Cooney, Johnson, Murphy, Cross and co?
Based on this season
Cooney - Yes, outperformed him
Johnson - About even
Murphy - Hasn't played so yes
Cross - About even

Griff has been one of our best so far this season

We've got to be careful when talking to Tiger fans about Delidio..... very, very sensitive.
Apart from that new kid with blonde hair Delidio is all they've got.
Can't blame them for sticking up for him.
Try spelling his name correctly first, jackass.. :D

It's easy to settle has both are very good players , but it seems that the only people voting for Deledio are Tiger supporters

It's easy to settle has both are very good players , but it seems that the only people voting for Deledio are Tiger supporters
That could be true, but some people I would guarantee would be voting for griffen just purely because deledio plays for richmond.

That could be true, but some people I would guarantee would be voting for griffen just purely because deledio plays for richmond.

You could be right, good luck on Monday.

Fairly even if you ask me, though I have to note that deledio is 9 months younger than griffen, so you would expect griffen to be a little bit ahead at this early stage in their careers. Deledio for me as im a Richmond fan. :p

2009 Player Head to Head Comparison - footywire

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=15&pid1=1484&tid2=8&pid2=1486

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-richmond-tigers--brett-deledio

Yet Deledio has played 9 more games due to Griffen having a season ending injury a few seasons back. Just saying is all. :p

Its all the richmond fans saying deledio by far, considering they dont watch any other match then the oens that include the tigers

They'll discover how good Griff is on monday:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short memory, must have a ..... Shoooorrrt memory.
If this poll had been done at the end of last season the result would be 3/1 Deledios way.
He has a bad game in round 1 and all of a sudden he is not up to it.
What a pack of pathetic friggin small minded w***ers most posters are on here.

In answer to the poll it is Deledio by so far that Griffen cant even see him in the distance!!

If this poll had been done at the end of last season the result would be 3/1 Deledios way.

In answer to the poll it is Deledio by so far that Griffen cant even see him in the distance!!

More anger and frustration. If this poll was done at the end of last season, when we would have seen Griff breaking lines against Sydney and Geelong in finals while Lids was watching from his hotel on vacation, then the answer would be very much the same as now.

So says ANOTHER Tiger supporter...

Haha its so funny how upset Richmond supporters are about this poll.
Maybe watch a Bulldogs game for once and you'll see why everyone is choosing Griffen over Deledio.

While I think Deledio is a very good player and will saty like that through his career I reckon Griff has the edge on him.

If you have watched our first 2 games you would realise this is Griffs year to really take his game to another notch. Won the Dempsey medal last week for BOG and in round 1 had a blinding first quarter (unfortunately his other 3 quarters werent as good). Ryan Griffen has that same build as Judd and is very Judd-like (http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=4&pid1=109&tid2=8&pid2=1486) so dont be surprised if he is wearing a Brownlow around his neck in the next couple of years ;)

Deledio also a very nice kid and will be a gun for the future. Griff wins this one though

Some tiges fans really need to grow up :thumbsdown:

Haha its so funny how upset Richmond supporters are about this poll.
Maybe watch a Bulldogs game for once and you'll see why everyone is choosing Griffen over Deledio.

It is not the Doggies supporters that I would expect to be voting for Deledio, they would of course be voting for Griffen.
He is a great player and is still improving which is great for the Dogs.
My anger is directed at the fools that support other clubs and don't see a lot of these guys play.
A bad game in round 1 and all of a sudden Deledios performance from a B&F winning season last year is forgotten.
Statistically and for impact on games Lids has had Griffen covered every season since they were drafted.

Griffen is an elite midfielder and has class and ability to match. Griffen is going to be one of the best midfielders in the comp in my opinion whilst Delidio still hasnt taken the next step in his career, but maybe thats just because he plays in a side that isnt going any where any time soon.

And what do you base that on? A close encounter against far and away the best team in the land, and a write-off against Carlton.

You sir, are an idiot.

If Deledio had've been drafted by the Doggies and Griffen by Richmond, we'd all be jumping up and down saying what a wonderful player Lids is, while you guys would be shouting us down with Yellow and Black love for Griff. Nothing to do with the players, everything to do with the jumper. These polls are shithouse. They are both guns!

If Deledio had've been drafted by the Doggies and Griffen by Richmond, we'd all be jumping up and down saying what a wonderful player Lids is, while you guys would be shouting us down with Yellow and Black love for Griff. Nothing to do with the players, everything to do with the jumper. These polls are shithouse. They are both guns!

Agree, both different players as well so you can't even compare the two, and while I wouldn't trade Lids for Griffen, you'd have to be mental to not see that Griffen is an All-Australian of the future.

Reckon they're both a bit disappointing. I've thought right from the start that Griffen was the better prospect, and that he had the tools to be a superstar. But it just hasn't happened.

If you were looking at adding one of them to the current Collingwood side, I reckon Deledio would be the better fit. He'd be devastating in a good team with a very good midfield as an attacking goalkicking mid/HF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back