Deledio Vs Griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

Griffen is still better than Deledio. No matter how much of a ******* traitor he is, he's still a better footballer. Going forward, his back problems might dull him, but at this point in time, he's had the better career and is the better footballer.

He's a significantly better footballer than Deledio, even if he is a lying philandering traitor.

I wouldn't be too worried about his back, either. He's now got access to elite recovery facilities, as pictured in my avatar. :D

Brett Deledio for sticking with his club when it was s**t
Griffen is a dog
I don't think you will find a Dogs supporter that doesn't agree with you. Guy is trash to our supporter base.

Deledio is a more consistently good player. Griffen might have hit higher highs. Griffen has a great finals record, but Deledio has been Richmond's best player in our two recent finals.

Griffen is a media love-child; Deledio is one of the most criminally underrated players of his generation.

Deledio is a more consistently good player. Griffen might have hit higher highs. Griffen has a great finals record, but Deledio has been Richmond's best player in our two recent finals.

Griffen is a media love-child; Deledio is one of the most criminally underrated players of his generation.
Plus as a few people have hinted. Deledio appears to be a more consistent and durable player. Going into 2015, he will be one of Richmond's most dangerous attacking weapons.

Honestly, I don't know where this thought that Griffen isn't consistent and durable has come from.

Apart from his debut year 2005, where he played 17 games, and his 3rd year where he got injured and played 10 games, he's played at least 20 games every year until last year, where with a back injury he still managed 19 games.

He's also been a very consistently good player as well, and just never got any media love until his season 2 years ago, where he finally went to that absolutely elite level of top 5 midfielders.

For mine Deledio is an outstanding footballer and there are very few players better than him in the AFL.

If i were a Richmond fan, I cannot think of many players id swap him for. GAblett? No cause Lids is 3 drafts younger.

Outside of Fyfe not many come to mind, given age/ ability.

Keep in mind the boy has been in a poor his since his debut. With Richmond starting to seemingly put together a strong squad, and Lids only 27 or so, I can see him having a huge couple of years with his best fooball still ahead of him.

What can he not do?

play him on the ball he wins inside/outside

down back he is like Luke Hodge

if you left him at full forward for the whole years, he would almost win the Coleman. Too fast for most defenders. Too strong and a good mark for others. Kicks well on the run or a set shot.

Watching the boy since his debut, I often wondered what the football world would say about him if he were in a Geelong side, or Hawks/Swans. Hopefully his side develop to the extent where he can fulfill his very high potential.

Griffen is good too.

Brett Deledio for sticking with his club when it was s**t
Griffen is a dog

5 year contract was huge for Richmond fans I would image

given the last 30 years

well done to the lad

Griffen is still better than Deledio. No matter how much of a ******* traitor he is, he's still a better footballer. Going forward, his back problems might dull him, but at this point in time, he's had the better career and is the better footballer.

I do not agree but Griffen is indeed very good.

He's a significantly better footballer than Deledio,

now its just getting silly

For mine Deledio is an outstanding footballer and there are very few players better than him in the AFL.

If i were a Richmond fan, I cannot think of many players id swap him for. GAblett? No cause Lids is 3 drafts younger.

Outside of Fyfe not many come to mind, given age/ ability.

Keep in mind the boy has been in a poor his since his debut. With Richmond starting to seemingly put together a strong squad, and Lids only 27 or so, I can see him having a huge couple of years with his best fooball still ahead of him.

What can he not do?

play him on the ball he wins inside/outside

down back he is like Luke Hodge

if you left him at full forward for the whole years, he would almost win the Coleman. Too fast for most defenders. Too strong and a good mark for others. Kicks well on the run or a set shot.

Watching the boy since his debut, I often wondered what the football world would say about him if he were in a Geelong side, or Hawks/Swans. Hopefully his side develop to the extent where he can fulfill his very high potential.

Griffen is good too.
I can think of many that I would take for Deledio. And I'm going to not include KPF's/rucks for obvious reasons:

Dangerfield. Sloane. Beams. Rockliff. Pendlebury. Boak. Wingard. Harley Bennell. O'Meara. Dustin Martin. Fyfe. Gibbs. Heppell. Liberatore. Macrae. Ablett. Parker. Kennedy. Jack

That was without even racking my brain whatsoever. If he was as good as you say he is, he would have easily won a Brownlow, or a league MVP. Or at least made All-Australian at least 5 times and won nearly every B&F.

As it is, he's been All Australian once. He's won the B&F twice, in a team that finished 9th and 15th in the time of 16 teams.

This is such a one eyed post that I'm amazed it's not written by a Richmond supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane?
Gibbs?
Heppell?

Please.

The like of Kennedy is very good. But lacks the polish Deledio does. Probable also lacks the ability to go forward and kick 60-70 goals if left there. Or go back and do the Hodge role to near perfection.

I was a Fitzory supporter but I enjoy watching Richmond. I really think saying "if Lids was any good, he'd win a brownlow" and similar comments is very short sited.

Sloane?
Gibbs?
Heppell?

Please.

The like of Kennedy is very good. But lacks the polish Deledio does. Probable also lacks the ability to go forward and kick 60-70 goals if left there. Or go back and do the Hodge role to near perfection.

I was a Fitzory supporter but I enjoy watching Richmond. I really think saying "if Lids was any good, he'd win a brownlow" and similar comments is very short sited.
I am 90% sure you are a richmond suporter because you have never posted on any other thread that doesn't involve richmond and you are drastically overrating Deledio here.

I am 90% sure you are a richmond suporter because you have never posted on any other thread that doesn't involve richmond and you are drastically overrating Deledio here.

I do like Richmond, as when I moved To Melbourne I lucky to be next door to the new oval (which is quite nice)

I believe you underrate Deledio. No direct to the like of Sloane, but to me that shows people are quite far from the mark as he is not at the same level. Liberatore is another who is a good player but for mine at least, doesnt have the ability of Deledio. Speed, skills, size, marking, goals etc. etc.

Probable also lacks the ability to go forward and kick 60-70 goals if left there. Or go back and do the Hodge role to near perfection.

o_O

How many goals would Deledio, or for that note Martin or Cotchin kick.

If they played as a full time forward.

Say similar role to Jack Reiwoldt.

for example if Fyfe played as a full time forward he d kick a hell of a lot of goals.

How many goals would Deledio, or for that note Martin or Cotchin kick.
Considering they'd cop attention from Harry Taylor, Alex Rance, and the like, probably 30-40.

30? Dustin Martin kicked 27 from 22 games last year. Playing mostly as a mid under a far from tactical genius in hardwick. What I am proposing is that if you played one of these very good players; a Martin, or a Cotchin, or a Fyfe in the forward line full time. As in a forward (say 75%+ forward), they would end up over the season with alot more than 30 goals. Martin kicking 27 as a part-time forward would add weight to this I would think.

My personal view is if you swapped Gunston for Deledio - Lids would do a very similar if not better job. As he has all the attributes and is a bit of a gun.

Feel free to disagree as its only how I see it.

Griffiths for what its worth, is very handy too.

If you asked the AFL coaches if they wanted Deledio, Sloane, Libba or Heppell I think most would say Lids and by some margin.

If you gave hardwick or the new richmond coach or richmond fans the option of swapping Lids i doubt there would be many players they would choose.

Griffen is better by a fair bit. Even if he is a traitor, on the footy field he is better than Lids.

dunno deledio does ok against your mob

have you ever watched him kick?

LAZER BEAMS

Griffen is better by a fair bit. Even if he is a traitor, on the footy field he is better than Lids.

i reckon you are dreaming

if captian ryan is indeed better, its by a bees dick

why dont you tell me what part of the game he is better in and have a big boy talk

leadership?
pig shooting?

Honestly, I don't know where this thought that Griffen isn't consistent and durable has come from.

Apart from his debut year 2005, where he played 17 games, and his 3rd year where he got injured and played 10 games, he's played at least 20 games every year until last year, where with a back injury he still managed 19 games.

He's also been a very consistently good player as well, and just never got any media love until his season 2 years ago, where he finally went to that absolutely elite level of top 5 midfielders.
I dont think he was top 5 last year.
Selwood SJ Fyfe Priddis Ablett Boak Gray Pendlebury Heppell Dangerfield are just some better than him

I dont think he was top 5 last year.
Selwood SJ Fyfe Priddis Ablett Boak Gray Pendlebury Heppell Dangerfield are just some better than him
Not last year, the year before then. 2013. No doubt he wasn't top 5 last year, honestly he wasn't top 30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back