Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalziell's injury has done a lot to keep supporters off his back. Out of sight, out of mind, I suppose.

I'm not saying he should get delisted though; just noting that last year when he was a year younger and actually playing people wanted him gone but now they don't.
IMO he played as well as any of our other fringe mids in the NAB cup (I didn't watch the Port game), and he played well against GWS. Kicked 3 in the WAFL last weekend too, which our other fringe mids have struggled to do in the past.

Why would anybody want scum like that playing for their club?

The notion that football players have to be good guys has be miffed. It would be only be a problem if he was so much of a douche that it hurt the team and I don't think that would be the case.

Fair enough if you think he's past it, not what we're after or something else, but I don't think the above is cause to rule him out.

I have a feeling this will soon be the best thread on our team board.
JuddNatural.png

Are you going to chicken wing it into submission?

The notion that football players have to be good guys has be miffed. It would be only be a problem if he was so much of a douche that it hurt the team and I don't think that would be the case.

Fair enough if you think he's past it, not what we're after or something else, but I don't think the above is cause to rule him out.

I could see him being a disruptive influence on the squad given his indiscretions in the past. Racial vilification is pretty damn low IMO and I'd hate to see anyone guilty of it on our list. I'd react similarly if one of our players did it now.

I could see him being a disruptive influence on the squad given his indiscretions in the past. Racial vilification is pretty damn low IMO and I'd hate to see anyone guilty of it on our list. I'd react similarly if one of our players did it now.
I'd forgive a jet player for various past indiscretions, but Sherman's not even very good

Stevens is GONE. Wants first team action and isn't getting it.
Brown has been known to be frustrated at lack of opertinities and will also seek a trade.
Strijk and Weedon should be delisted.

Aaron Jetta , looks like Lewis but taller is just 18 playing SD reserves also .
Just had a chat with Ricky about Aaron, he reckons nowhere near AFL standard. Reckons older brother Graham Jetta (23/24) is more talented and has better ability than Lewis.
swannies would probably know more about this...

Just had a chat with Ricky about Aaron, he reckons nowhere near AFL standard. Reckons older brother Graham Jetta (23/24) is more talented and has better ability than Lewis.
Is he the backman for SD? I rate him, reckon he'd make a good Wirra style sweeper. Not sure if he's not older than that though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rosa didnt sign a new contract I wouldn't have minded him being offered up as bait.

I just dont get the thinking of playng Mcinnity ahead of Stevens, let alone playing him at all.

Koby met with a few clubs over the past few weeks, really odd from West Coast, normally alot sharper.

I just dont get the thinking of playng Mcinnity ahead of Stevens, let alone playing him at all.

Koby met with a few clubs over the past few weeks, really odd from West Coast, normally alot sharper.

Might explain why he isn't getting a game? If he's gone * the campaigner.

DELIST
Strijk - been overtaken by the new blood (possible rookie list)
Weedon - too far back in the queue these days
Wilson - unconvinced he'll make it
Papertalk # - too many ahead of him
Hamp # - i hope not. REALLY do. Think Darling's made that third tall forward his own but

UPGRADE
Dick and Mcgovern

TRADE
Swift - see what we can get
Dalziell - might be worth something to GWS or GC
Lycett - Putting it out there. We could get overs for him on the open market. Pounce on a mature age ruck if we can as a rookie or later draft selection. UNLIKELY TO HAPPEN I THINK BUT. Needs time i know

Keep Stevenson, Stevens and Brown if we can

DELIST
Strijk - been overtaken by the new blood (possible rookie list)
Weedon - too far back in the queue these days
Wilson - unconvinced he'll make it
Papertalk # - too many ahead of him
Hamp # - i hope not. REALLY do. Think Darling's made that third tall forward his own but

UPGRADE
Dick and Mcgovern

TRADE
Swift - see what we can get
Dalziell - might be worth something to GWS or GC
Lycett - Putting it out there. We could get overs for him on the open market. Pounce on a mature age ruck if we can as a rookie or later draft selection. UNLIKELY TO HAPPEN I THINK BUT. Needs time i know

Keep Stevenson, Stevens and Brown if we can

I was sure Weedon was gone too but damn he looks more settled yesterrday at H/B and was very impressive with his decision making and skillful ball use could easily see him play the wiirrapanda role down back ..

On Lycett the SF ruckman Tighe looks to be promising atheletic type that has impressed me a few times ,so yeah would consider for rookie list if Lycett had some good offers .

DELIST
Theres a difference between unlikely and NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Once you start trading out players as a commodity, you shouldn't expect loyalty in return.

There is no way both Swift and Stevens will be gone at the end of the season unless they both force our hand. Midfield depth is clearly a problem and although i believe Stevens will leave i don't think Swift will request a trade. He won't be delisted if Stevens goes.

We need midfield class but i don't think we will trade for it. It's just unlike West Coast to go for a big trade and it would cost us plenty. Would love for us to go after Rich but just can't see it happening. The plan might be for Lecras to come back as more of a midfielder with Hill, Newman, Dick etc up forward. We should also draft a midfielder. Even then we look still look weak in the middle. We need/needed one of Swift or Stevens to come on.

If Stevens requests a trade we should definitely go for Lucas. A midfielder with good potential and already a couple of years in the system (although injury affected). Heck, we should throw something else in there and go for Naita's mate Yarran.

He's right about Graham. Should have been rookied a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I'm not getting what we've done here, we normally don't let it get to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back