Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Stevens, I'm not convinced he's totally recovered from OP.
Yep, he seems to run out of steam reasonably quickly and there is something with his running style?? He obviously thinks he's ready to go and the MC think he isn't, so interesting times ahead with him.

Lucas is s**t, I would even rather get moloney than him.

You would rather a 29 year old midfielder who looks like he is past his peak and has been dropped from Melbourne of all teams over a 21 year old who is highly rated but hasn't been able to get a shot at it due to injuries?

No Lucas is struggling , I recall an Inside Footy review of VFL form , rated his performance " A Vanilla performance and cards appeared marked " .

Thats just a review , but the times I have seen him play he is really struggling for whatever reason . WCE might not have any choice and Lucas might be a better player at home . I dont really want though ( Not that my opinion will matter ) would rather keep Stevens but someone like A Black from NM might be a chance swap also but dont run that by North fans because you might regret it ! .....evidently Stevens is a slow crab and if we wont him , we'll take in the PSD , flogger :)

Ideally I'd rather keep Stevens than get Lucas.

Kerr is getting on, as is Adam Selwood. We will have more use for a hard, big bodied inside midfielder (or potential tagger?) than we will for someone who's effectively a less polished Gaff. I'd rather we gave games to Stevenson and put Sheppard on the wing, not the HFF, rather than bringing in another wing/flank prospect (short of someone like Bennell, Yarran, Wells or Jetta).

If Stevens were to demand a trade I'd like to see it being part of a big move to get Coniglio.

we're not going to be able to keep stevens if other somewhat better grade players ahead of him. and this attitude of * him let him go if he doesn't want to stay is a bit unfair. honestly with some of the players in the team playing ahead of him and his dominant performances in the wafl and lack of proper starts in games (e.g. sydney he should not have been sub swift should've been) will definitely cause disapproval in his camp.

we drafted him in 09. sure he has been injury riddled but the only way we will know whether he deserves an extended run is to give him one. gws game was one single game. swift has had 4.

We don't need Lucas as we have Gaff and Shepherd who have both shown heaps more. If we lose Stevens we should offer up our first rounder with him and try to get a gun mid either as a trade or through the draft. What are people's thoughts on trading Stevens for a pick in the mini draft for Martin?

Rubbish, Swifts previous form as sub and in full games had been much better and he deserved a full game over Stevens

your support for swift is mind boggingly biased. player come straight from the reserves into the side compared to someone in the team in the previous week.

anyway back to the op. we are going to be short of a few midfielders in the next few years were gonna need to trade for some guns simple.

I really dont think Sheppard has shown more than Lucas.

Sheppard has been disappointing to mediocre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really dont think Sheppard has shown more than Lucas.

Sheppard has been disappointing to mediocre.
He was very good in his first season, was admittedly disappointing last year in the few games he got, but has been very good again this year. Not sure how that has been disappointing?
Compared with Lucas he has played more games (30 to 18) and leads him in almost every area statistically.

yeah cause gws just want to give their best young mid for stevens..
Yeah because that's what I said isn't it.
Do you not understand the word "part"? Do you not understand that perhaps Stevens could be traded to somewhere other than GWS and whatever we receive could be sent to GWS?
This board is getting dumber.

your support for swift is mind boggingly biased. player come straight from the reserves into the side compared to someone in the team in the previous week.

anyway back to the op. we are going to be short of a few midfielders in the next few years were gonna need to trade for some guns simple.

Stevens was only already in the team because the previous week EF had a bye and Claremont didn't so they took Stevens as the traveling emergency and Waters went down. The Brisbane, Carlton and Collingwood games showed that Swift was the preferred option because they picked him over Stevens.

He was very good in his first season, was admittedly disappointing last year in the few games he got, but has been very good again this year. Not sure how that has been disappointing?
Compared with Lucas he has played more games (30 to 18) and leads him in almost every area statistically.

Sheppard has been disappointing, doesn't look like a top ten draft pick. Has shown signs of promise but it's been too few and far between.

I think most peoples problems is the expect top 10 means instantly great player. We had a couple of lucky ones but Shepp was always gonna take time. He has great pace and acceleration so ill back him tk make it. I did want Jetta at the time though ;)

Yeah because that's what I said isn't it.
Do you not understand the word "part"? Do you not understand that perhaps Stevens could be traded to somewhere other than GWS and whatever we receive could be sent to GWS?
This board is getting dumber.

Well I can't see Stevens and our late-teens first-rounder being enough to prise Coniglio out of Sydney, no matter how many other teams you involve in the trade. What else do we have to give up?

Sheppard has been great this season, far from disappointing in his new role.

I think Newman is our gun future inside mid btw. :thumbsu:

Sheppard has been great this season, far from disappointing in his new role.

I think Newman is our gun future inside mid btw. :thumbsu:
Problem is, the mean height of Priddis, Kerr, Gaff, Shuey, Masten and Selwood is 182cm.

Stevens and Swift (and Ebert for that matter) are all taller, but none of them have worked. Pity Shane Nelson's only 177 :/

I don't necessarily think it's essential to have a tall midfield. Surely our midfield of Kerr, Cousins, Fletcher, Braun, Stenglien etc was shorter than our current one (I know Judd was 189cm).

Newman's no shorter than Cousins, Masten or Kerr. I think his talents in the long term would be wasted in a forward pocket.

Problem is, the mean height of Priddis, Kerr, Gaff, Shuey, Masten and Selwood is 182cm.

Stevens and Swift (and Ebert for that matter) are all taller, but none of them have worked. Pity Shane Nelson's only 177 :/

Good point. We need some big bodied midfielders.

Sheppard has been disappointing, doesn't look like a top ten draft pick. Has shown signs of promise but it's been too few and far between.
He's played 30 games, most of them good ones. I suspect that your expectations of draftees is unreasonable.
And what does a top 10 pick look like? Did Drew Banfield resemble a top 10 draft pick? Was he a disappointment?

I don't necessarily think it's essential to have a tall midfield. Surely our midfield of Kerr, Cousins, Fletcher, Braun, Stenglien etc was shorter than our current one (I know Judd was 189cm).

Newman's no shorter than Cousins, Masten or Kerr. I think his talents in the long term would be wasted in a forward pocket.
Fair point, although Stenglein and Rojo would do the blocking work and were 189cm, and 187cm respectively.

Newman is only 1 cm shorter than Masten, but still...Neither seem to be close to Kerr's league, in terms of strength for size, but we will see how they pan out.

Newman looks to have more of an aerial game than Masten though, who is purely ground level. Let's hope all our blokes get on the roids over the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back