Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there talks about them changing the father/son system? Last week Barret said the AFL will start predicting where a F/S selection should be drafted and make teams use picks accordingly.

To further alter the rules would simply create historical inequality, the real issue is Sydney not the FS rules. Why would the AFL move from a system of relative transparency to a system of zero transparency. I can see a club being forced to use a 1st round selection passing them over and getting them in the second round, because there is simply no way you can predict where all players would fall in the draft.

Yes. Like to see the Eagles do well.
I reckon you'd have more of an idea than most of the dwellers around here anyhow. Some people have no idea.
Agree.

Anyway, Sheed hasn't come on as we'd hoped so I reckon we should trade him to a club looking for midfielders and use the pick we get on Laverde, because he's a big bodied mid.

In simple terms yes we should but in an article I read last night Mitchell was reportedly quite content in Sydney and contracted to 2016 on a lazy ~$400k. So we will need to pony up a long term contract on very good money to get him to consider a move then offer Sydney either a decent young player in return or our 1st round pick to get a deal done for a player whose weakness is a lack of pace. I don't think he is worth the likely asking price.

I'd be chasing Shaun Higgins as a FA and having a quiet word to Lockyer and Marsh at the Swans about a return home

With allegedly what a lazy dozen players outside the Swans best 22 every club should be targeting these players.

Craig Bird is out of contract and there must be some unlucky fringe players of good quality not getting a run.

Agree with Higgins, we need to target good ball users with decent speed. Ellis and Higgins in two years would be great and the type of free agents we need to land.

How is Lockyer going at the Swans?

With allegedly what a lazy dozen players outside the Swans best 22 every club should be targeting these players.

Craig Bird is out of contract and there must be some unlucky fringe players of good quality not getting a run.

Read an article today that Sydney have only used 30 players so far this season (lowest in the league) . That means a lot of players not getting games

Agree.

Anyway, Sheed hasn't come on as we'd hoped so I reckon we should trade him to a club looking for midfielders and use the pick we get on Laverde, because he's a big bodied mid.
Why so cruel?

Agree.

I like Laverde & think he would be an excellent pick, I was leaning towards Pickett previously, but after watching the Under 18s Champs I think Laverde would be a better fit.

I was critical of the drafting of Sheed last year & I haven't seen anything from him so far that has changed my mind, having said that, I doubt that they will trade him so early in his career. One thing he can do is kick well to teammates, something other more seasoned mids like Priddis, Masten & Selwood struggle with.

If they trade Sheed after 12 months, the recruiting staff are virtually admitting that they screwed up last year.

What is this stupid s**t I'm reading?

There is nothing wrong with Sheed. He is coming along just fine. No chance of being traded.

I like Laverde & think he would be an excellent pick, I was leaning towards Pickett previously, but after watching the Under 18s Champs I think Laverde would be a better fit.

I was critical of the drafting of Sheed last year & I haven't seen anything from him so far that has changed my mind, having said that, I doubt that they will trade him so early in his career. One thing he can do is kick well to teammates, something other more seasoned mids like Priddis, Masten & Selwood struggle with.

If they trade Sheed after 12 months, the recruiting staff are virtually admitting that they screwed up last year.

Think he was joking.

Laverde seems like a super talent and I can see him really bolting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You look at Sydney and there strategy, it's multiple attacks on every aspect of list management.

They train there father sons
They train there academy players
They aggressively target FA's very early on
They are not afraid of long contracts or big dollars
They aggressively target out of contract players early and with amazing success
Parker #40, Hannebry #30, Jack (rookie pick), Reid #38
There first choice ruckman is a rugby player from Canada! who sent them a tape of him playing!

Yet we are afraid to de-list a couple of extra list cloggers to go 1-2 rounds deeper into the draft? Sydney play the off field game like they expect there players to be on field. We are all gentlemen agreements, everyone has to win, hand shakes, cigars and brandy.

You look at Port as well, I would put my house on them getting in Ebert and Polec's ears and then turning around and offering absolutely SFA for both of them!

There problem over their ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't there talks about them changing the father/son system? Last week Barret said the AFL will start predicting where a F/S selection should be drafted and make teams use picks accordingly.
This is the best system here where by the clubs determine what a player is worth. Is this to allow Sydney's father son selections that could possibly in the future be first rounders be deemed as 7th rounders?
The system will never be perfect but it's a unique rule and the fairest system that is possible is in place.

This is the best system here where by the clubs determine what a player is worth. Is this to allow Sydney's father son selections that could possibly in the future be first rounders be deemed as 7th rounders?
The system will never be perfect but it's a unique rule and the fairest system that is possible is in place.
I think its mainly to do with the academy because Sydney will pick up a potential top 2 pick with a draft pick closer to 20. The new system would force them to use their first 2 picks to compensate. Same will go with F/S. If the kid is going to be a gun then they want to make you pay for it and not possibly get them on the cheap.

I think its mainly to do with the academy because Sydney will pick up a potential top 2 pick with a draft pick closer to 20. The new system would force them to use their first 2 picks to compensate. Same will go with F/S. If the kid is going to be a gun then they want to make you pay for it and not possibly get them on the cheap.

And they look like having two first round talents coming through next year as well. Both off limits to other clubs.

And they look like having two first round talents coming through next year as well. Both off limits to other clubs.
What happens if two clubs nominate the two players in the first round and Sydney only have a first to use? Do they then have to take one and leave one?

What happens if two clubs nominate the two players in the first round and Sydney only have a first to use? Do they then have to take one and leave one?

No. We'll could have similar situation with Jake Waterman and Sumich in 2016 draft, only both will be FS picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back