Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaff was always going to be a long-term prospect in terms of becoming a more well-rounded midfielder. He slotted straight into the 2011 side because we badly lacked outside run and it suited his game perfectly. He was never going to be a full-time onballer by age 21.

I do personally hope he is able to become strong enough to be a regular part of the on-ball rotation. I can't believe he is 84kg, that's very heavy considering his slight frame. He is shorter and heavier than Sheed who has a bigger upper body. Must store it all in his legs.

dajesmac and Tracker 101 couldn't have defended Gaff any better for me. We have seen how important Gaff's outside work is for our team in his first 3 seasons. Heck he was so important that if you tagged Gaff out of the game last year you beat our team. Yes his inside game isn't top notch yet but that will take time. This is the first offseason he has put considerable size on, given another year he'll be bigger and stronger again which will only help develop his inside game. I hope Gaff stays and I believe he will, he is a vital cog to our success now and in the future.

Who would trade gaff for bennell ?

At the drop of a hat.
Easily.
Definitely.
Without doubt.
You better believe it.
Tell him he's not dreaming.
In a heartbeat.
Slap my arse and call me Sally.

Yes, I would trade Gaff for Bennell. This doesn't mean I don't think Gaff is a good player, but Bennell is without doubt a better prospect.

Our midfield would still be average if we traded Gaff for Harley. Swallow would be the one i'd chase.

Gonna have an early stab

Outs: Butler, Mginnity, Smith (i think we will trade him for nothing), Brennan, B wilson

Ins: Sinclair (upgrade), 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

I think we need to keep up the list turnover as we are still carrying a bit of deadwood. We desperately need to sort out our midfield woes. Feel like that has been the focus of our drafting since 2007.

dajesmac and Tracker 101 couldn't have defended Gaff any better for me. We have seen how important Gaff's outside work is for our team in his first 3 seasons. Heck he was so important that if you tagged Gaff out of the game last year you beat our team. Yes his inside game isn't top notch yet but that will take time. This is the first offseason he has put considerable size on, given another year he'll be bigger and stronger again which will only help develop his inside game. I hope Gaff stays and I believe he will, he is a vital cog to our success now and in the future.

Not sure if Gaff being "unleashed" would have saved us last year.

Gonna have an early stab

Outs: Butler, Mginnity, Smith (i think we will trade him for nothing), Brennan, B wilson

Ins: Sinclair (upgrade), 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

I think we need to keep up the list turnover as we are still carrying a bit of deadwood. We desperately need to sort out our midfield woes. Feel like that has been the focus of our drafting since 2007.

I'd like 5 picks and Sinclair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to say it - even though this might rattle a few cages.

I'd be open to trading NicNat. Just Imagine the picks we would get or the A grade mids.
I am convinced Lycett and Sinclair could cover the job.

2 good Ruckmen + Elite or perhaps elite Mids + Salary cap room?

No I'm not a troll I am legitimately bringing this up - As I feel NN is a constant under-achiever and we are currently carrying him.

I'd be open to trading NicNat. Just Imagine the picks we would get or the A grade mids.

No I'm not a troll I am legitimately bringing this up - As I feel NN is a constant under-achiever and we are currently carrying him.

Not really. He does appear to be under a permanent injury cloud over the last couple of years though. I'm opposed to trading him, but if he asked for it I do think we could get a pretty good deal - wasn't the GWS coach saying he'd trade all of his draft picks for him?

I consider Lycett and Sinclair both required unless Naitanui somehow gets injury-free this season and signs on for more than a year or two.

troll-dancing-o.gif

Nope legitimate hypothesis here - I just don't think he'll ever reach his full potential (Which I Hope I'm Wrong with).
Easy to construe how I might be a troll. Don't worry I only do to those purple muppets down the road.

He reached it, his 2012 was awesome. He is over rated in many areas of his game so much so that everyone under rates what else he does. He was deserving All Australian that year (despite what everyone on BF will tell you) and if he could get back to that form for the rest of his career it would have been an awesome one. The question being will he.

People expecting him to more than that are asking too much.

Gaff is a required player imho. Just need to sort out our structures and play him to his strengths. When played to his strengths he is a damaging player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back