Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smotie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
His point is, you've suggested two trades that just will not happen.

When some of us point out that those two trades you've suggested will not happen, rather than come up with some other, possibly more realistic trade to support your point, you just assert that we're happy to see the side sit at the bottom.

I'd love to see us get an A-grade midfielder in. I just can't see how it will happen in this draft/trade period unless we jag one with our top pick, or Waterman turns into one. There's no current players available as far as I can see. If you can show me otherwise, please do.

One of them you just suggested in Kennedy/Selwood for Omeara and then you say it wont happen?

You said you wanted the status quo.
Comprehension not your strong point, eh? I said I'd rather the status quo than some random pick in the 20's. I have never said I want the status quo. Everything you suggest is just simply not realistic. Suggest something a little more feasible, and the discussion may have gone a different way.

Smotie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Comprehension not your strong point, eh? I said I'd rather the status quo than some random pick in the 20's. I have never said I want the status quo. Everything you suggest is just simply not realistic. Suggest something a little more feasible, and the discussion may have gone a different way.

No, I suggested some examples of the type of aggressiveness I think we need to fix our midfield. I never threw up Kennedy for JUST a second rounder bud. You admitted you wanted the status quo then said not to accuse you of wanting the staus quo.

No sorry for being caught in your trap. I thought we were having a serious conversation, seems you just want to troll with your mate Tracker.

I was trying to have a serious conversation too, it's just a bit difficult when the other participant is somewhere between Mars and Jupiter he's so far out there.

No, I suggested some examples of the type of aggressiveness I think we need to fix our midfield. I never threw up Kennedy for JUST a second rounder bud. You admitted you wanted the status quo then said not to accuse you of wanting the staus quo.

He said he'd rather the status quo than a pick in the 20s. Not that he wanted the status quo in any circumstances.

I give up. I feel like I'm talking to an inanimate object.

Smotie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I was trying to have a serious conversation too, it's just a bit difficult when the other participant is somewhere between Mars and Jupiter he's so far out there.

You know where you can shove your condescending attitude bud. You asked me some questions and I answered then you want to go into facetious arrogant mode.
And you call yourself a mod.

Smotie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I give up. I feel like I'm talking to an inanimate object.
Go and have carnal relations with yourself.
Just because you don't like my suggestions you don't have to be so rude bud.

I feel like I am talking to a child who cant remember what he said a minute ago.

You know where you can shove your condescending attitude bud. You asked me some questions and I answered then you want to go into facetious arrogant mode.
And you call yourself a mod.

Everyone calls me a mod.

I've pointed out that your two suggested trades - O'Meara and a 2nd rounder for two of Kennedy/LeCras/Priddis/Selwood/Masten, or Swallow and a 2nd rounder for the same deal - are wholly unrealistic.

I've said that if there's some other way we can trade in an A-grade mid, I'd love you to show it to me. That invitation is still open.

Short of that, I just don't see how being "aggressive" will solve our midfield problems. This year anyway. Next year maybe we can be aggressive and get Dangerfield or Coniglio. Or both.

I feel like I am talking to a child who cant remember what he said a minute ago.

He doesn't need to remember what he said a minute ago. He can go back and read it.

He didn't say what you're trying to assert he did.

Smotie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Everyone calls me a mod.

I've pointed out that your two suggested trades - O'Meara and a 2nd rounder for two of Kennedy/LeCras/Priddis/Selwood/Masten, or Swallow and a 2nd rounder for the same deal - are wholly unrealistic.

I've said that if there's some other way we can trade in an A-grade mid, I'd love you to show it to me. That invitation is still open.

Short of that, I just don't see how being "aggressive" will solve our midfield problems. This year anyway. Next year maybe we can be aggressive and get Dangerfield or Coniglio. Or both.

I don't call you a mod so it's not everyone.

And you call me a dreamer lol. Both Dangerfield and Coniglio for who?

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Calm your farm. I am merely asking you how your plan addresses our midfield shitness. Which it doesnt really and given that our forward line and defence aren't really the problem in our side the changes you suggests don't fix our problems.

You do get defensive don't do.
What choice do we have there is no quick fix like you want . Players just can't break a contract because you throw money at them . Lets look at our options .
Free agency - there is not a midfield free agent worth taking so this avenue won't work . Under new rules we can roll $500000 of next years cap to 2016 this will give a shot at a free agent next year .

Trading - is there a gun midfielder out of contract ? No
I'm sure we tried to get swallow , bennell , matera and yarran . We just don't advertise out intentions . We are also not in a position where the allure of a flag is close .
I also don't think we should trade away our key position players and rucks that we spent so much time and effort to develop for speculative picks in the draft .
But trading in fringe players that are not getting opportunity from top teams for cheap is a viable option IMO . We have spuds on our list that need to be cut . Replacing them with guys that are hungry for a game is good for our list. Guys like Lockyer / marsh have some good attributes and have been playing some midfield time in the Neafl . They are still young and could develop .
I would rather get previous 2/3 round picks with development at a top club like Sydney than draft into the 6-7 round when the talent is not there .

Draft - getting talent from the draft is the best way to go to build a premiership midfield . We have a pick that will get us one of the best 3-4 mids . Waterman will also be a good acquisition going forward .
We just need to give them time . You cant expect our draft picks to be guns from there first season especially in a contested and accountable role .

I also feel our new structure and game plan need more time to develop . Once our players have adapted you will see an improvement in ball movement and defensively .

Quite the opposite, you can't remember what I said a minute ago.
You literally said this immediately after this very sentence...
And with that, this conversation is done before the mods have to step in.

They will be uncontracted. Different ball game.

Yep, straight to the PSD :D

Dangerfield will be a free agent so we'd only need to find a suitable trade for Coniglio.

Disclaimer for those who struggle to pick up facetiousness: I am not suggesting we are any realistic chance of getting both. One would be sensational.

Haha Swallow for Matt + Kennedy? Good one Smotie.

Swallow is literally a slightly younger version of Matt, so it's barely an upgrade.

I'd trade Kennedy for a sure thing A grade mid, but there is none. Perhaps Coniglio, though he's still not really an A grader.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
If 2 years ago GWS offered us mini draft pick 1( O'Meara) and pick 2 ( coniglio) for Natanui should we have taken it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back