Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Knightmare on the D&T Board - "Ahern probably isn't a first rounder but second round onwards he's someone I like and after pick 25 or so he could be considered. "

Ahern is so damn clean and smooth. Just oozes class. Would love him in our team.

Dream Draft

1st Pick - Laverde/Pickett
2nd Pick - Ahern
3rd Pick - Waterman

Instant Midfield.
Ahern will go top 10 as you said just oozes class and knows where the goals are, I would be very suprised if he makes it pass the first round,

In saying that Ahern and Laverde worked awesome together and it would be awesome to pick them both up !!!

Speaking of "delists" we have the worst recruiter/list management team I can remember. Vozzo has been in particular is diabolical, needs to be replaced as priority before he can ruin another draft. Among his many howlers the decision to trade away pick 6 last year was arrogant and stupid has cost us a gun mid in Aish. Unforgivable.

Last edited:

Speaking of "delists" we have the worst recruiter/list management team I can remember. Vozzo has been in particular is diabolical, needs to be replaced as priority before he can ruin another draft. Among his many howlers the decision to trade away pick 6 last year was arrogant and stupid has cost us a gun mid in Aish. Unforgivable.

If we got Aish everyone would be up in arms about drafting another skinny, outside mid - why did we pass up on an inside mid in Sheed who isn't a flight risk to go home to SA? .. or something along those lines.

Sheed had an interrupted preseason with a shoulder injury, give him time.

If we got Aish everyone would be up in arms about drafting another skinny, outside mid - why did we pass up on an inside mid in Sheed who isn't a flight risk to go home to SA? .. or something along those lines.

Sheed had an interrupted preseason with a shoulder injury, give him time.

Sheed/Karpany/Yeo vs Aish/Yeo

Yeo has already been a breath of fresh air for us. Karpany is showing a fair bit already. Plenty of class, pace and slick skills. Once Sheed can get a couple of pre-seasons and some experience under his belt I'm sure he'll come good too. Too early to tell but I think they've made the right choice.

(people are still taking about this!!???)

What are his other "howlers"

I liked our downgrading of our pick which basically got Karpany for free . Sheed and waterman worked very well together at contests last year and with waterman in the bank sheed was the right pick for mine . They managed to address two problems with 1 pick . Sheed a quality mid and Karpany class and X factor .

We don't know from the outside how these decisions are made or who should bear ultimate responsibility for them but vozzo is list manager not a recruiter.

It seems that, rightly or wrongly, we were determined to take sheed at 6. To me that's a decision that lays at the feet of o'brien as head recruiter

If you then acknowledge that sheed was a lock with our first pick vozzo has done well to get another 2nd round pick which we used on karpany whilst still getting the player the recruiters wanted

We could have had one of scharenberg, Aish, Lennon or Salem but have sheed and karpany instead. Still need time before reaching a conclusion on that but so far I'd rather have Aish. But the decision to draft sheed is o'briens not vozzos

The fact that our recruiters knew they could get a guy that they thought was worthy of 6 for 11 raises the questions about how good our recruiting staff are. Simple as that. Remember also, we could have got Yeo anyway but he took McInnes instead.

What are his other "howlers"

Well here's our draft picks through the Vosso era and not one of them is established as an AFL quality footballer. We also traded a first rounder for Wellingham, which is probably as stupid a howler as trading away #6 last year.

#11 Dom Sheed
#23 Murray Newman
#28 Fraser McInnes
#31 Malcolm Karpany
#43 Tom Barrass
#45 Brant Colledge
#59 Adam Carter
#60 Mark Hutchings
#12 (rookie draft) Callum Sinclair
#26 (rookie draft) Jamie Bennell
#33 (rookie draft) Callum Papertalk
#51 (rookie draft) Simon Tunbridge

Last edited:
The fact that our recruiters knew they could get a guy that they thought was worthy of 6 for 11 raises the questions about how good our recruiting staff are. Simple as that. Remember also, we could have got Yeo anyway but he took McInnes instead.

Well here's Vozzo's draft picks and not one of them is established as an AFL quality footballer. We also traded a first rounder for Wellingham, which is probably as stupid a howler as trading away #6 last year.

#11 Dom Sheed
#23 Murray Newman
#28 Fraser McInnes
#31 Malcolm Karpany
#43 Tom Barrass
#45 Brant Colledge
#59 Adam Carter
#60 Mark Hutchings
#12 (rookie draft) Callum Sinclair
#26 (rookie draft) Jamie Bennell
#33 (rookie draft) Callum Papertalk
#51 (rookie draft) Simon Tunbridge

Pretty decent list of players who are predominantly 3rd and 4th round choices.

We've done very well in rookie draft actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#23 Murray Newman
#28 Fraser McInnes

Newman was not a bad pick in terms of talent, the kid can play for sure. I would prefer to have Hill on our list over McInnes though.. and Yeo was picked after him also we wouldn't of had to trade pick#6 if we took him instead.

If I could have one wish it would be that Newman comes back, smashes a pre-season and plays 22 games in a FP for us next year.

Sheed/Karpany/Yeo vs Aish/Yeo

Yeo has already been a breath of fresh air for us. Karpany is showing a fair bit already. Plenty of class, pace and slick skills. Once Sheed can get a couple of pre-seasons and some experience under his belt I'm sure he'll come good too. Too early to tell but I think they've made the right choice.

Freeman, Karpany, Yeo
would of been better (yes I know freeman went 10th but if they were after freeman they could of got him just had to play hard ball with Collingwood )

Freeman, Karpany, Yeo
would of been better (yes I know freeman went 10th but if they were after freeman they could of got him just had to play hard ball with Collingwood )

You keep going on about Freeman but he's yet to get on the park for Collingwood.

Any player that comes 2nd in the 0 to 20m sprints 1st in the repeat sprints and then goes on to get top 10 in the beep test and 3kms trials is a exciting prospect especially because he can win his own ball and play inside and outside, he's going to have a exciting highlight reel

We don't know from the outside how these decisions are made or who should bear ultimate responsibility for them but vozzo is list manager not a recruiter.

It seems that, rightly or wrongly, we were determined to take sheed at 6. To me that's a decision that lays at the feet of o'brien as head recruiter

If you then acknowledge that sheed was a lock with our first pick vozzo has done well to get another 2nd round pick which we used on karpany whilst still getting the player the recruiters wanted

We could have had one of scharenberg, Aish, Lennon or Salem but have sheed and karpany instead. Still need time before reaching a conclusion on that but so far I'd rather have Aish. But the decision to draft sheed is o'briens not vozzos

West Coast was the only club that rated Sheed so highly. Most clubs rated him in the 15-20 bracket hence the confidence he would still be there at pick 11.

Somewhat biased towards the WA talent imo.

Newman was not a bad pick in terms of talent, the kid can play for sure. I would prefer to have Hill on our list over McInnes though.. and Yeo was picked after him also we wouldn't of had to trade pick#6 if we took him instead.

If I could have one wish it would be that Newman comes back, smashes a pre-season and plays 22 games in a FP for us next year.

You still pushing this "we traded pick 6 to get Yeo" bollocks Boda?

Despite having it pointed out to you maybe 20 times that it's bollocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back