Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradz

Draftee
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Seriously doubt the heights some AFL players are listed at. I am 183 and played basketball against Nikoski last season. I was looking him in the eyes. I asked his listed height...188cm. Rubbish.

Also, have stood alongside Scooter and he is at least an inch shorter than me. Do these guys get measured in their boots or something?

Can you think of an example of a player who has signed a new contract midyear then got traded in that next trade period. I can't. I don't even know if you're allowed.

Had Dawes signed with Collingwood shortly before walking out when they recruited Lynchy? I know he was under contract for the following season.

Can't see it happening with Sinclair though.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Seriously doubt the heights some AFL players are listed at. I am 183 and played basketball against Nikoski last season. I was looking him in the eyes. I asked his listed height...188cm. Rubbish.

Also, have stood alongside Scooter and he is at least an inch shorter than me. Do these guys get measured in their boots or something?

I think they get measured by the same guys that did the old WCW wrestlers.

Expect to see Nik Nat listed as 7ft 5 inch next year ala Andre the giant.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Mcgovern can ruck too so it is not like we will be short on ruck options. If a team was able to give use a good pick or player for Sinclair i would do it then draft a project ruckman...we have a pretty good record of drafting ruckman.
I can't see McGovern as anything more than an in game back up ruck if one of nic or lycett go down .
We should be drafting our next potential ruck this year . Lycett may leave in 4 year as he will be a free agent and who knows what will be happening with nic . Nic could be anything from a superstar to sidelined again .
Having Sinclair on our list is smart list management as is drafting our next project ruck

Had Dawes signed with Collingwood shortly before walking out when they recruited Lynchy? I know he was under contract for the following season.

Can't see it happening with Sinclair though.
Dawes was 12 months in. And its a very different circumstance there, he signed up with the club believing he was part of the future, and then he was the one that requested the trade a year later when they chased Lynch.

Stood next to Adam Selwood and Luke Shuey at my sons Auskick late last year for a photo - I'm 184 and Adam was clearly taller than me, Luke was about my height.

I've met Nicoski a few times, he's taller than me.

Maybe you need to re-measure yourself.

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Stood next to Adam Selwood and Luke Shuey at my sons Auskick late last year for a photo - I'm 184 and Adam was clearly taller than me, Luke was about my height.

Yeah sometimes I think I'm taller than someone then see them in a photo next to me and I'm not. I'm 181 and stood next to Nicoski at the bar in the Saint and he was a fair bit taller than me.

Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Swan Districts
94%282%29.JPG

The ever photogenic Justin Lemsip displaying his big V and 'yeah yeah' ranga pube implants.

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast

Agreed.
I'm 189 and Sellars and I looked basically the same height.
Basketball players on the other hand are generally measured in shoes and even then they can add on a few cm's some times.

Peter Crawford (ex Wildcat and Boomers player), I've met and a few occasions, he's listed at 193cm.
He'd be 190 tops.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Shane Yarran is on West Coast's radar , the Subiaco via South Mandurah forward has been invited to the state combine testing .
Shane Yarran is a first cousin of Chris Yarran , evidently had a year at South Mandurah after a period in prison and this season from what I have seen has been impressive at Subiaco !

He would be very handy , I reckon a few clubs would be looking at Yarran .

Shane Yarran is on West Coast's radar , the Subiaco via South Mandurah forward has been invited to the state combine testing .
Shane Yarran is a first cousin of Chris Yarran , evidently had a year at South Mandurah after a period in prison and this season from what I have seen has been impressive at Subiaco !

He would be very handy , I reckon a few clubs would be looking at Yarran .
What'd he go to prison for?

Masto

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone who has been to prison has no chance to be drafted by us. It's just not going to happen.

I would offer k lucas a rookie list spot if the blues delist him won't hurt and he may come good. Upgrade a rookie and slot in lucas.

I agree, worth a rookie list spot. Would turn him into a forward though, like they did with Nicoski. Has a big engine and good agility - just lacks skills - but up forward it doesn't matter so much.

Jed Clampet

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
So
Anyone who has been to prison has no chance to be drafted by us. It's just not going to happen.

I agree, worth a rookie list spot. Would turn him into a forward though, like they did with Nicoski. Has a big engine and good agility - just lacks skills - but up forward it doesn't matter so much.
So Newmans gone then, and a big no to lucas

Jed Clampet

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Newman wasn't a criminal when we drafted him.
No he wasn't but if you don't want to draft a guy who has been in prison we shouldn't keep someone on our list that went to prison while on our list. We don't know what Yarran went in for? It could of been assault like Newman.
We can't have standards for player a and not for player b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back