Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he need to change positions due to injuries? Even if that were true, playing in defense is a lot safer than playing in the forward line - see Mitch Brown. You have no idea what you are talking about. How you even became a mod is a mystery to me.
Firstly, I slept my way to the top.

Secondly, may I just bid adieu to this back and forth by stating that Nicoski was quite clearly a skilled player. Wellingham misses targets, but I would also call him a skilled player. Sometimes skilled players tend to miss some targets because they try to kick to riskier options (for higher rewards). Another aspect of Nicoski's supposed 'bad skills' (which is hardly the truth) is the lack of consistency he had in the side for much of his career due to the aforementioned injuries. When he managed to play for an extended period and 'regain the pace' of the game he showed off his natural skills on a regular basis.

Ergo, Nicoski was a skilled player.

Nicko had a beautiful long left foot kick but the accuracy was lacking .
Always thought that nicko was moved from the backline because his role was taken with hurn waters schofield and butler cementing spots in the back 6 . At that same time nicko was battling injuries . He was tried as a defensive forward to great effect and then somehow kicked 40 goals whilst doing that defensive job . I think Thorne and masto are both right to a certain extent . He was a classy one touch player with clean hands and beautiful looking kicking action but was prone to missing targets and bombing long .

Firstly, I slept my way to the top.

Secondly, may I just bid adieu to this back and forth by stating that Nicoski was quite clearly a skilled player. Wellingham misses targets, but I would also call him a skilled player. Sometimes skilled players tend to miss some targets because they try to kick to riskier options (for higher rewards). Another aspect of Nicoski's supposed 'bad skills' (which is hardly the truth) is the lack of consistency he had in the side for much of his career due to the aforementioned injuries. When he managed to play for an extended period and 'regain the pace' of the game he showed off his natural skills on a regular basis.

Ergo, Nicoski was a skilled player.

At the end of the day not everyone in the team can be a good kick. The point of rookie listing someone is to not get a good player it's to build a player or develop a player. Confidence is a big thing and lucas would not have much at the blues. Rookie listing a pick 9 and give him a second chance works wonders sometimes. If it doesn't work the team loses nothing as he is not a senior player. On nicko had 1 or 2 good years but altogether injury and being inconsistent cost him but created good depth.

Complete aside, but I'm with Masto and ER. Nico was a turnover machine coming out of defence, with no composure and a proverbial headless chook. Moving him forward game him 1 target and allowed him to blaze away in a general direction instead of having to spot up players. The forward press requiring his chasing skills also added to his productivity. Terrible HBF, very good HFF.

Complete aside, but I'm with Masto and ER. Nico was a turnover machine coming out of defence, with no composure and a proverbial headless chook. Moving him forward game him 1 target and allowed him to blaze away in a general direction instead of having to spot up players. The forward press requiring his chasing skills also added to his productivity. Terrible HBF, very good HFF.

Before he got injured in 2006, Nicoski was gunning it - in AA form. Since that injury he never had the same pace, agility or kick. Was still sensational in 2011 but would have been the next big thing if it wasn't for injury 5 years earlier. His burst/pure pace reminded me of Judd back in 2006.

You're both right. Nicoski had skill, put he was also poor with some of his field kicking. If that makes any sense.

He was prone to some real Mitch Brown esque shanks, but you can't deny he was very good around the goals in 2011. Can't really call that unskilled.

He's not classy by any stretch. I too was under the impression he was moved to the forward line to save his career, having been poor in defence.

Either way, the comparison to lucas is wrong. Lucas is basically a poor mans Rosa. With slightly better pace. VERY outside player and very soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will go or do we stay a bottom 10 team because we have no run one of schofield or brown need to be traded can't keep them all in the team. We don't have enough skilled mids and not enough rotations for the mids things need to change on personal. I would go schofield for a trade and keep brown. Schofield or brown will not play wafl footy so we must trade one of them. By the way masten playing a good game with 90% uncontested possession he could only do that playing melbourne good game or not is the question.

Who will go or do we stay a bottom 10 team because we have no run one of schofield or brown need to be traded can't keep them all in the team. We don't have enough skilled mids and not enough rotations for the mids things need to change on personal. I would go schofield for a trade and keep brown. Schofield or brown will not play wafl footy so we must trade one of them. By the way masten playing a good game with 90% uncontested possession he could only do that playing melbourne good game or not is the question.

Our defense is fine atm. A bit tall maybe but it seems to be working. You could also throw McGovern into the trade mix. I'm not sure what your point on Masten is, if you have one at all.

You're worried about not having enough run out of defence so you suggest trading Schofield?

Why must we trade one of Brown and Schofield? They've played the majority of the season in the team together, and with Glass retiring that's unlikely to change.

Our defense is fine atm. A bit tall maybe but it seems to be working. You could also throw McGovern into the trade mix. I'm not sure what your point on Masten is, if you have one at all.

Mcgovern is better than both and younger and has more improvement. Both schofield and brown go missing at times mcgovern seems like a 4qtr player. Masten was for discussion it just shows what type of player he is and his limitations. I think in a big game you need to win your own ball against teams like freo, geel, hawks and swans can't see that changing ever for masten.

Mcgovern is better than both and younger and has more improvement. Both schofield and brown go missing at times mcgovern seems like a 4qtr player. Masten was for discussion it just shows what type of player he is and his limitations. I think in a big game you need to win your own ball against teams like freo, geel, hawks and swans can't see that changing ever for masten.

McGovern has only played a handful of games whereas Schofield and Brown have runs on the board over a number of years. Neither gave up the very soft goals that McGovern did against Melbourne. If we needed to drop a tall defender against one of those teams you listed he would be the one. Masten is playing his role superbly atm.

You're worried about not having enough run out of defence so you suggest trading Schofield

Why must we trade one of Brown and Schofield? They've played the majority of the season in the team together, and with Glass retiring that's unlikely to change.

Not run out backline run in the middle backline is fine hurn and bennell work fine for getting it out. We are to tall and could use another defender/mid for rotations in the middle. Trade brown or schofield because teams will give a mid i think for those players and it helps us out in the middle.

His kicks did a lot of work in the air as most left footers do. They go from being to the left of the contest to the right (or vice versa) of it in flight. Sometimes depending on positing of the contest it can be a great kick or otherwise a kick that favours the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back