Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't get me wrong, i think they're both really exciting and i'd rather have them than not. but they're also probably our most valuable disposable trade bait. lots of teams needing quality ruckmen, and if cox plays another year i'm not sure we'd be able to keep them even if we wanted them.

I don't think Cox playing one extra season is relevant or not, given how he's playing now i think he could and perhaps should retire. The more relevant fact is that Naitanui is really struggling and we need two ruckmen when he isn't able to play.

It seem that most premiership teams don't have a ruck that is exceptional apart from cox (06) jolly (10) mummy (13) but they all seem to have an exceptional midfield . Look at last year Sandilands vs Bailey even with the dominant ruck hawks still prevailed .
I know nic nat is west coast through and through but hypothetically what would we get for him say from GWS .
Natanui > coniglio + first Rounder +?

FWIW I vote keep nic nat would kill me to watch him play for another team but I see more injury lay offs in the future due to height+weight+agility+impact = sadanui :(

TBH I'd rather Nicnat just settled down a bit and worked on his endurance rather then the flashy stuff.

I'd prefer if he was more like Minson, or Lobbe in the fact that he can ruck out an entire game and be around the ball constantly. Rather then flashing in and out with something special then going missing.

Anyone know why he keeps deciding to put weight on? Surely he was big enough in 2011/2012. These days he seems half a yard slower then he used to be and generally easier to bulk around because he's so huge. Perhaps he should start following Coxy's plan of slimming down to a new ideal weight each year for endurance.

Hard to comment because he's constantly injured and yet to complete a full pre season. Suppose I just feel nostalgic after seeing that pre season game in 2010 where he completely dominated the bombers with his pace and athleticism.

I think everyones' reaction is going overboard. Someone being injured with a serious groin injury which restricts training let alone playing and jumping affects everything they do.

Remember Chris Judd and his groin? He went from being 18 votes after round 9 in the Brownlow to not being able to run at all. Then he got over it and won another brownlow at Carlton.

Seriosuly give the bloke some respect, he isn't even at the peak for a a ruckman.

I think everyones' reaction is going overboard. Someone being injured with a serious groin injury which restricts training let alone playing and jumping affects everything they do.

Remember Chris Judd and his groin? He went from being 18 votes after round 9 in the Brownlow to not being able to run at all. Then he got over it and won another brownlow at Carlton.

Seriosuly give the bloke some respect, he isn't even at the peak for a a ruckman.

Except Judd completely changed as a player. He never regained his explosive power he had 24 year old and Naitanui is no Judd. Nowhere near good as a football talent and relies a lot more on his athleticism.

And beyond his groin Naitanui has other problems with his body. Calves, Knees, Shoulders, Hamstrings ect...

Except Judd completely changed as a player. He never regained his explosive power he had 24 year old and Naitanui is no Judd. Nowhere near good as a football talent and relies a lot more on his athleticism.

And beyond his groin Naitanui has other problems with his body. Calves, Knees, Shoulders, Hamstrings ect...

I think you are missing the point. Regardless of NN talent, his groin will repair and he is still young for a ruckman.

Please confirm how you know he has a dodgy body, all those injuries haven't been reported have they? And what players don't have injuries they carry through their careers?

Edit: Judd never regained the explosive power but managed to win a Brownlow?

Last edited:
Judd became a more bulky inside midfielder and lifted his hard ball game to new heights.

Naitanui has already had those issues and they have been reported on. He has soft tissue problems and they will probably remain. I won't go into any season expecting him to play 22 games.

Naitanui is young and time is on his side. But if he's suffered permanent damage and loss of power through his groin, then his game is going to suffer as a result in the short term.

Given it's a groin we might have a fair bit of waiting to do.

Tbh I think your mids are okay, particularly with darling hovering around there. Wellingham being there too. Who replaces Glass and possibly Cox? Forward is fine so long as you dont get too many injurys.

Also theres been talk naitanui is leaving.. possibly GC. thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It seem that most premiership teams don't have a ruck that is exceptional apart from cox (06) jolly (10) mummy (13) but they all seem to have an exceptional midfield . Look at last year Sandilands vs Bailey even with the dominant ruck hawks still prevailed .
I know nic nat is west coast through and through but hypothetically what would we get for him say from GWS .
Natanui > coniglio + first Rounder +?

FWIW I vote keep nic nat would kill me to watch him play for another team but I see more injury lay offs in the future due to height+weight+agility+impact = sadanui :(
Whats with his form slump? Injury or didnt his mum move away or something.

Athleticism has never been more sort after in the afl. But yeah this is usually partnered with injuries. I see goddard as the traditional good skills, fairly atheltic quality player, then Fyfe, pendlebury and Naitanui part of the next generation player.

Athleticism has never been more sort after in the afl. But yeah this is usually partnered with injuries. I see goddard as the traditional good skills, fairly atheltic quality player, then Fyfe, pendlebury and Naitanui part of the next generation player.

Fyfe may be hard at it and a good mark but is the clanger king ! Even worse than priddis . Don't even put Fyfe in the same league as pendlbury until he can learn to kick and not choke under pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe may be hard at it and a good mark but is the clanger king ! Even worse than priddis . Don't even put Fyfe in the same league as pendlbury until he can learn to kick and not choke under pressure

Fyfe can't kick that well but where he's at his best is at the stoppages.

His height, lateral movement and clean hands make him hard to shut out of games. In the end his making and ability to get forward are bonuses.

I wonder what we could get for Gaff+1st round pick. He probably needs to take his game up another notch but if we could get a gun midfielder out of that trade I would probably say yes

Unless we somehow get Waterman with a 2nd round pick (which seems unlikely at this stage), I don't think that will be an option. Plus, Rosa will be 28 next year and Gaff just 23, so unless Sheppard continues to improve over what he's shown this year I'm not convinced that will work so well for us. Having an elite inside midfielder will be great but no point in just displacing the problem. Especially if Gaff does actually take his game up a notch and learn to deal with the tag - if he can start providing as much value to our team as he did in 2011 I think it would be silly to trade him.

Fk me, we need to thin thos margin out..

how would George hampsons game translate to the AFL?I haven't seen much of him but he has performed to a high level for a long time now in the WAFL

how would George hampsons game translate to the AFL?I haven't seen much of him but he has performed to a high level for a long time now in the WAFL
Pass, thanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back