Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.Jarman stating on morning radio that the word out of the AFC is they're real keen in luring Scott Lycett home as they continue to search for a back up ruck for Sam Jacobs.
Not sure on his contract status. Would sting to lose all that development time.

He's out of contract, but the club should be doing whatever it can to change that.

Adelaide would have to offer up their first round pick (maybe around 10ish) for him. Port could offer him similar opportunities (as they don't have a ruck/forward who has made the spot their own) and they would surely offer up their first round pick which would be closer to 15.

Maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic on what we'd get. I'd be spewing if we ended up getting screwed Ebert-style, again.

Adelaide would have to offer up their first round pick (maybe around 10ish) for him. Port could offer him similar opportunities (as they don't have a ruck/forward who has made the spot their own) and they would surely offer up their first round pick which would be closer to 15.

Maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic on what we'd get. I'd be spewing if we ended up getting screwed Ebert-style, again.

As long as both clubs remain keen and he doesnt pick one club we should do ok but even then I think we would struggle to get a fist rounder if he cannot get games for us even though he is worth it

As far as Port are concerned they can get stuffed- Adelaide is the only club we should deal with if he was to go- although Lycett should be given a new contract and game time- his going to be a good ruck- better then Sinclair and with Cox retiring I could see a good Natinuni and Lycett Ruck duo.

A bidding war on Lycett would be ideal - however that isn't how things are done anymore.

Both clubs would woo him and then he would choose - ala Polec and many before.

We'd then be left negotiating with one party only.

Given where Port is likely to finish in the top 6 and with some compo picks left - Port would have pick 15-17ish - which would be historically fair value for a ruck. Adelaide would have 8-11 which would be overs so we'd be looking at pick 28 or so.

Even if Cox retires we can't play Sinclair and Lycett in the same team with NN fit - so one will walk regardless for more game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Lycett would hurt but getting a 1st round pick for him wouldn't be so bad.

We have Sinclair, We hopefully get a first round pick to draft a midfielder. Not the end of the world but would rather keep Lycett.

Losing Lycett would hurt but getting a 1st round pick for him wouldn't be so bad.
We won't get that giving the fact Lycett as done nothing no fault of his own-it'll be a pick in the twenties at very best, that's why we should give him game time to show his potential and rise his trade value incase if he does bail- Cox just needs to step aside have a rest, I would be annoyed if he went on another year- it's time to hang it up big boy.

Better not lose Lycett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I read somewhere lycett is from country SA bordering WA and that the home sickness thing doesn't really matter thatmuch because he's over a day drive home anyways. The only way we loose him is because of game time.
If that's the case he should be open to going anywhere including Victoria

I'm sure I read somewhere lycett is from country SA bordering WA and that the home sickness thing doesn't really matter thatmuch because he's over a day drive home anyways. The only way we loose him is because of game time.
If that's the case he should be open to going anywhere including Victoria

Lycett is in the same boat as Brown a few years ago and look how that turned out. He will know Cox is slowing down and will get more game time in the future. I just hope we get around 10 or so games into him so gets more a taste.

But yeah you are right about him being from the country and i think its Ceduna which is a long way from Adelaide.

what's Mitch Hallahan's status at Hawthorn? He looked good on Monday and after being there for three years and struggling to get a game, he might be able to play a role in our midfield?

Won a best and fairest in the VFL system too.

I'm not saying he's a one-stop solution, but in addition to top-class inside mids we need players who can also fill roles and play out on the flanks. He looked to have that utility moving between the midfield and high half forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back