Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touk Miller sounds pretty comparable to Daniel Kerr. Has a decent 2 minute highlights package.

Anyone got a stronger opinion?
Not a stronger opinion but I like what I have seen. Was interviewed on AFL360 a while back and came across well, also appears to do the little things well from the highlights package I saw, chasing, tackling hard, smothers etc.

Was touted as a first round pick earlier in the year, not sure where he sits now.

EDIT: Paige's latest phantom has him coming to us as our second rounder... Would be stoked with this (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/paige-cardonas-phantom-draft-4-0.1076624/)

My recollection of the 2010 grand final seems a bit different to middling Eastern Rangers. He has stagnated in the past year or so at GWS, first year was reasonably good. Injuries may have curbed the development lately? Something doesn't seem right. :confused:
It seems that the strategy at GWS is to continually turn over their list by trading for top ten picks with the rational being that they need to stagger the event of Free Agency over a number of years rather than have a massive hit in one or two years.

If so they may consider a trade for Coniglio this year with the midfield depth they have and keeping them all happy.

Would they consider our pick 10 or pick 10 and a player or our first and third picks?

So which current players, if any, do people want (at the right price)?

I'm still interested in Garlett and Lockyer, but that's about it when it comes to realistic options.

Garlett does not fit into our culture so you can rule him out.

Lockyer is mildly interesting but really what do you think he offers that we don't already have?

Garlett does not fit into our culture so you can rule him out.

Lockyer is mildly interesting but really what do you think he offers that we don't already have?

If we lose Brennan, Wilson, Smith and Carter our HBF depth will be lacking. Lockyer would offer HBF depth, and may be worth a punt as a DFA.

I admit my like for Lockyer is theoretical, if you know what I mean. I don't know his game inside and out.

The more I look into the 2014, the harder our first round pick becomes... So many options and no real standouts after pick one really.

If we could get Touk Miller (or Blakely) with our 2nd, and Waterman with our 3rd or 4th, I'd be happy to just rely on the club to take best available with our first and other remaining picks.

The more I look into the 2014, the harder our first round pick becomes... So many options and no real standouts after pick one really.

If we could get Touk Miller (or Blakely) with our 2nd, and Waterman with our 3rd or 4th, I'd be happy to just rely on the club to take best available with our first and other remaining picks.

I wouldn't be keen on a tall for our 1st pick - even if there is a run on midfielders in the top 10. Blakely and Waterman are pretty similar but I rate Blakely higher. Actually we're pretty lucky Blakely doesn't play for Claremont because he would already be a lock for our 1st round pick.

Miller moves/kicks so much like Kerr. Scary! I didn't know he was Vic Metro's Captain. Really like him.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...atta-showgrounds/story-fngnvocb-1227011726524

"It always seemed likely Miller, this year’s Vic Metro captain, would lead the race to fill the role permanently if Calder named one captain for its finals campaign.

The Maribyrnong Park junior rubberstamped his captaincy credentials with 31 disposals, 10 marks, five inside-50s and three goals in Saturday’s 17.12 (114) to 12.6 (78) victory."

Matt Deboer has been offered a one year deal @ Fremantle on reduced money ,.... Matt Deboer yet to confirm on the deal offered and is reportedly weighing up his options . If West Coast were to offer two years , Deboer might be that Freo player linked to West Coast .

If we got Miller with a later pick as well as Waterman with a 3rd or 4th then someone like Pickett with out first pick would be ideal

Matt Deboer has been offered a one year deal @ Fremantle on reduced money ,.... Matt Deboer yet to confirm on the deal offered and is reportedly weighing up his options . If West Coast were to offer two years , Deboer might be that Freo player linked to West Coast .

DeBoer is s**t, hope to god we aren't trying to poach him

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as coniglio is, his development has stalled a bit and has never been as talented as O'meara, Swallow or Martin. I would prefer we coughed up a bit more for an absolute game changer.

While he may not be as athletically gifted as the others, I think he's a potential A-grader and can be a match winner. Would definitely improve our list, so we should take what we can get.

He would add nothing to our team. I'd rather we went after Robinson, who I absolutely do not want to ever see in West Coast colours.

My recollection of the 2010 grand final seems a bit different to middling Eastern Rangers. He has stagnated in the past year or so at GWS, first year was reasonably good. Injuries may have curbed the development lately? Something doesn't seem right. :confused:

That's how id use Coniglio like he was used at Swan Districts. As a half forward who pinch hits in the middle. A potential upgrade on a Masten or Wellingham.

Would still happily pay our first for him, potentially with some steak knives as well. Very classy player.

Yeah no doubt I'd give our first for him. However people have suggested our first wont go close to getting him. Will be interesting to see what happens when he comes out of contract next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back