Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone we don't want to trade?

Earlier this year McGovern was the best thing to happen to us in years. Now people want to trade him. Oh bigfooty. :rolleyes:

Yes but they're talking about trading from one area to improve another area we a severely lacking (the midfield)

How is that hard to comprehend? No player should be "off limits" if the right deal, the right price, and the right time comes into it.

i think there is a strong chance McGovern will drop off sharply next season.
if only because I probably wont be his sponsor;)
if he deals with that ok hes going to be a star

Yes but they're talking about trading from one area to improve another area we a severely lacking (the midfield)

How is that hard to comprehend? No player should be "off limits" if the right deal, the right price, and the right time comes into it.

McGovern is a truly unique player. We don't want to offload a player who will be a big part of our future and in turn compromise one area to fix a well known deficiency in another.

Hearing plenty of whispers that we will make an offer to Malceski as a free agent. I'd be happy with this.

If the rumours are true that his wife would like to come back to Perth you'd think Freo would also be keen but they could be putting it all onto Frawley.

With malceski it's about money I don't think swans have much cap for him . I would like him but 2 years at most . He has had a long injury history .
Would it be responsible list management to have waters Ellis and malceski ?

It'd be like job sharing.

Always liked malceski and he's coming off an AA year. Wouldn't be the worst pickup and would allow us to use Waters as a half forward where I think he could be useful

With malceski it's about money I don't think swans have much cap for him . I would like him but 2 years at most . He has had a long injury history .

I think he wants three and Sydney only want to offer two. I'd offer him a 3 year deal with the first two front ended and the last considerably less.
AA this year with those injury concerns...

It'd be like job sharing.

Always liked malceski and he's coming off an AA year. Wouldn't be the worst pickup and would allow us to use Waters as a half forward where I think he could be useful

Personally think he would be a great pickup.

I don't mind the Malceski one. For a season or two, he ticks all the boxes except age obviously, though his experience could be invaluable since our two most experienced guys just retired.

Has pace, excellent disposal, and stands up in big games. Would love seeing sides trying to stop both he and Hurn...

Cos we need to spend big bucks on a HBF?

Hurn, Ellis, Sheppard, Butler, Yeo, Waters, are curious...

Waters is an unknown. Will he even stay fit? Butler injury plagued as well.

Bringing in someone like Malceski (who is quality) would allow Hurn and Yeo to spend more time in the middle, is an upgrade also on all of those mentioned besides Hurn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If 3 or 4 guys get picked up and do okay as pros, with 9 (?) weeks of AFL-like training, then we should be running secret 9 week training camps for amateur players 10 weeks before each draft.

Also, pretty much everyone involved in AFL and state league recruitment and developement should take a good look at themselves.

If 3 or 4 guys get picked up and do okay as pros, with 9 (?) weeks of AFL-like training, then we should be running secret 9 week training camps for amateur players 10 weeks before each draft.

Also, pretty much everyone involved in AFL and state league recruitment and developement should take a good look at themselves.

We can call it an academy ;):D

For those wanting malceski, are you saying you think we'll be gunning for a flag in the next two years?

Think I'd rather be getting games into Sheppard, bennell etc.

Yeah, I agree.

Malceski is obviously a good player, but we're really not going to be contending for a while so it's a bit of a pointless exercise.

Everyone has ranted and raved about Sheppards small improvement this year, so it's about time that next year he locks down a HBF spot and starts having an impact. Otherwise, you'd think he'd be on the chopping block.

For those wanting malceski, are you saying you think we'll be gunning for a flag in the next two years?

Think I'd rather be getting games into Sheppard, bennell etc.

I'd hope we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back