Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay just going to come out and say it... All this talk of Laverde has had me going at half mast all day.

Seriously, he is the absolute one player i've wanted from the very start of our draft calculations. I still don't believe the 2 genius's who have him sliding to our pick, but if that actually ends up happening, we'd be absurdly foolish not to take him.

Yes, even over Cockatoo. Sorry to upset his fanclub and probable father hungrytiger.

Realisically i don't see Laverde being available at 11, so i'm going to continue thinking it will be down to utensil, Weller and Duggan, with my preference from those 3 being Cockatoo.

Okay just going to come out and say it... All this talk of Laverde has had me going at half mast all day.

Seriously, he is the absolute one player i've wanted from the very start of our draft calculations. I still don't believe the 2 genius's who have him sliding to our pick, but if that actually ends up happening, we'd be absurdly foolish not to take him.

Yes, even over Cockatoo. Sorry to upset his fanclub and probable father hungrytiger.

Realisically i don't see Laverde being available at 11, so i'm going to continue thinking it will be down to utensil, Weller and Duggan, with my preference from those 3 being Cockatoo.
Weller it is then.

Happy to call Laverde as being a better pick than Dom Sheed (a renown junior accumulator who hasn't reproduced this at AFL or WAFL level with the WAFL GF being a real disappointment).

This is just utter nonsense.
Sheed has played one year at senior level and has averaged over 21 disposals a game at WAFL level.
http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4517
While this isn't exactly setting the world on fire it is an indication that he should be a good "accumulator" in future years.

One sleep till board meltdown. Gonna be great.
MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

This is just utter nonsense.
Sheed has played one year at senior level and has averaged over 21 disposals a game at WAFL level.
http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4517
While this isn't exactly setting the world on fire it is an indication that he should be a good "accumulator" in future years.

I agree with you but just being pedantic - Sheed's played three years of WAFL now.

All i know is if he MIRACULOUSLY slides to 11.... and we call out Duggan, i'll..... i'll....... i don't even want to say, in fear of possible incriminating evidence
Sounds like it wouldn't be so miraculous if he slides - seems almost just as likely he'll slide past our pick than he'll be gone before it. Something must have happened to spook recruiters - maybe he said something dodgy.

Duggan is a very WCE pick, so prepare your anus as I reckon we'd take him over Laverde, presuming something has made him slide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your passion, I really do but if the choice was Laverde or Cockatoo we'd be stupid to take Cockatoo.
So much talent available at our pick, what to do.

Even if we had pick 5 I'd still take Nakia because he looks to be a future star and a perfect fit for our needs.

That's it in a nutshell, most other players that have been considered here I like, they look very good players and Laverde my next pick.

Like a nymphomaniac I'm hoping for a Cockatoo tomorrow night.

SENs mock draft has us with laverde but his 1st sentence is that he will probably go top 10. next possibilties duggan and utensil

http://www.sen.com.au/news/2014-afl-mock-draft-40

The comments for all players are from the respective kids coaches so it was Laverde's coach saying top 10 not the guy doing the phantom

Also has us taking Blakely, McGovern and Abbott which would be a very good result for us if it fell that way

Of more interest is that they had talls going at 6,7,8 and 10 (Marchbank, Goddard, Wright and Durdin) with the fancied mids (Laverde, Weller, Ahern and Duggan) all outside the top 10 which is the first time I've seen that anywhere

The comments for all players are from the respective kids coaches so it was Laverde's coach saying top 10 not the guy doing the phantom

Also has us taking Blakely, McGovern and Abbott which would be a very good result for us if it fell that way

Of more interest is that they had talls going at 6,7,8 and 10 (Marchbank, Goddard, Wright and Durdin) with the fancied mids (Laverde, Weller, Ahern and Duggan) all outside the top 10 which is the first time I've seen that anywhere
Yeah can't see Marchbank going 6. All will be revealed soon though! Such an interesting draft.

Sounds like it wouldn't be so miraculous if he slides - seems almost just as likely he'll slide past our pick than he'll be gone before it. Something must have happened to spook recruiters - maybe he said something dodgy.

Didn't someone earlier mention having a dream on leavers and waking up with half a mongrel cos we picked Laverde?

I can only assume whoever it was is staying in a tent, and Laverde picked him.

Didn't someone earlier mention having a dream on leavers and waking up with half a mongrel cos we picked Laverde?

I can only assume whoever it was is staying in a tent, and Laverde picked him.
nah that was petracca certainly a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back