Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how we're apparently rebuilding now.

No one apart from the cats has been within shitting distance of the Hawks this year, and we almost beat them off the back of 40 minutes of good footy.

If we're rebuilding, we're the benchmark

It's not a defenders art to hold one of the forward's arms down, then grab his jumper, but in every game, mediocrity is being rewarded. Delaney and Bruce get away with it as well.

Defenders have been doing it for 100 years. It's good defence. I remember a game at Moorabbin in the 1980's when i was standing behind the northern end goals. Lockett kicked 5 in the first half for the Saints and T.Daniher kicked 3 or 4. Sheedy switched TD on to Lockett in the second half and all TD did was hold Lockett's jumper.

But then again, you must disapprove when forwards put blocks on defenders.

All's fair in Love and War.

I love how we're apparently rebuilding now.

No one apart from the cats has been within shitting distance of the Hawks this year, and we almost beat them off the back of 40 minutes of good footy.

If we're rebuilding, we're the benchmark

I love it when people say we only played 40 minutes of good footy. Footy is usually an arm wrestle, and often half to three quarters of a game is tightly contested in general play and on the scoreboard. Even against Collingwood we played more than 40 minutes of good footy.

Or quarter time last week.

Or half time at Subiaco.

We shall have to do more work to pinpoint the delivery of these show cause notices. Maybe they came with the gastro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show Cause notices
Must have arrived at quarter-time on ANZAC day
Or quarter time last week.

Or half time at Subiaco.

We shall have to do more work to pinpoint the delivery of these show cause notices. Maybe they came with the gastro.
You guys have got it all wrong.

Hirdy did a sneaky fly in to Perth and coached us against Freo, and decided to hang around for the Saints games (who do you think Bomber's constantly turning around to, huh?).

Bomber told him to bugger off for the first quarter of ANZAC Day, and once we were in a winning position, Jimmy took back over for the remainder.

Will let you know who's coaching against the Dogs at 11pm on Saturday night.

Delusional Pearlers : A heap of bomber fans saying we were a top four side after a couple of rounds this year.
Still think we are.

It might just be because I haven't read all of the bickering on here the last few weeks, but I'm not that worried.

As Lord Nicholson said, after blitzing the first half of the last two years for the result of absolutely nothing, I don't mind stuttering earlier in the season for a change, and we've shown that our best is good enough to push the best.

Still think we are.

It might just be because I haven't read all of the bickering on here the last few weeks, but I'm not that worried.

As Lord Nicholson said, after blitzing the first half of the last two years for the result of absolutely nothing, I don't mind stuttering earlier in the season for a change, and we've shown that our best is good enough to push the best.

Agreed - a lot of babies, bathwater etc.

The St Kilda debacle aside, I think most would have been happy with a 3-3 start to the year.

Reasons are different to excuses - key injuries, the 6 day breaks, the re-jigged forward line, playing the kids, the focus on avoiding the late season fallout - there are reasons we have not set the world on fire early.

I for one share some optimism moving forward.

Can see this being the game where Daniher dominates. I've called him a big dud since the start of his career and think he'll be Essendon's answer to Ayce Cordy minus the injuries, but those sorts of players just turn it on against us.
Hope Crammers kicks 10, just to stick it up the deluded fools.

Multiple lmaos were had.

Still think we are.

I think we are a solid side that should make finals. We don't have the forward line set up to challenge for the top for yet. We need to find a second key forward and Carlisle isn't looking that at the moment. Daniher will be great but this is a learning year for him. We'll be better prepared to an assult at the top four in 2015.

My point mainly was that after the Carlton game there were a couple on this board claiming we were a top four side. We haven't won a final in 10+ years. We should start saying stuff like that after we actually finish top four at the end of a season.

FYI - I think Carisle/Hurley/Hooker/Dempsey/Hibbard/Baggels would/could/should be the best back six in the league. Our mid/ruck groups are good enough to challenge. We just need to fix up the forward line. We need a good lead up forward. We still miss Monfries. Hopefully Ambrose can grow into that.

Top four teams normally only lose 6 max games in the year. We'll have to run through the rest of the year just about without losing.

I remember there was a year a long time ago when Carlton only lost 4-5 games but missed the top four because of percentage. That was awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back