Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then their arrogance hit everyone like the backdraft from a freight train flying past, and it's never subsided since.

I didn't like that '08 team because of the presence of people like Franklin and Brown, above all.

I respect good teams. If you are a well run club and you play great football you have my respect.
Nothing I love more in football than when two absolute powerhouses of the competition play and both are on top of their games.
The cats v hawks games of the past 5 years have led me to respect both clubs fairly strongly. I have had decent experiences with both supporter groups too and though I may have been lucky both have been humble.

One of the reasons I respect Geelong is that I found their fans to be remarkable in their humility after all their recent success. A quiet satisfaction is how they seemed to be. That's not how I found Hawthorn fans to be.

I suppose to be fair, though, Essendon fans aren't exactly known for lack of arrogance with success either. And if I didn't work in Hawthorn heartland and instead lived in Geelong, I might feel the opposite to what I just articulated above. It's all relative and largely tailored to one's personal circumstances.
Probably because they got so close so many times in the AFL era that when success finally did come they appreciated it more.

I have a soft spot for Hawthorn, because I respect the s**t out of them, and watching them violate the artificially enhanced Swans was fun.

2y9Anha.gif

Probably because they got so close so many times in the AFL era that when success finally did come they appreciated it more.
I remember talking to a Geelong supporting mate in the week before the 07 GF, iirc someone asked if he was confident, his reply was along the lines of "No, been here too many times before"

Wouldn't say I supported a team, I'd just say I was a supporter of football. Still follow the AFL. Have a soft spot for Port Adelaide (trying to forget the Ryder trade) but I wouldn't say I'd support them. Was born into Essendon as my dad worked at the club, it's a part of who I am. Couldn't fully support anyone else.

Though if we folded, my AFL interest would probably slowly wane over time and I'd probably eventually consider the EPL as my number one league.

Blues membership thread, enjoy

We were hardly starting off a high base too.

Not that I can be critical - I havent re-signed this season yet. I fully intend to, but am awaiting the result of the ASADA case. If it's not to my satisfaction - I will write to the club and explain why I will spend my membership money on supporting the Northern Blues instead. If enough people act that way, the AFL will get the message very quickly.

Apparently he will punish your club by not buying a Carlton membership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues membership thread, enjoy

Apparently he will punish your club by not buying a Carlton membership

You mean that if the players get off we also get a bonus prize? I didn't think it was possible to want a not guilty decision more until now.

Whoever that Carlton supporter is, his plan can be thwarted with a microwave and the buying of Carlton membership. It won't work.

"
Wow only an Essendon supporter could take my post that way, its always everyone elses fault boo hoo, you mention the word won, you cant win anything when you cheat you have the '93 flag, unfotunately at no stage did you ever win it."

Courtesy of a Richmond fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back