Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knightmare was asked to do a top 50 draftees between 2010 and 2015. Here is his list.

1. Jesse Hogan
2. Jeremy Cameron
3. Marcus Bontempelli
4. Oliver Wines
5. Patrick Cripps
6. Dyson Heppell
7. Jacob Hopper
8. Clayton Oliver
9. Tom Lynch (GC)
10. Joe Daniher
11. Brodie Grundy
12. Jake Stringer
13. Darcy Moore
14. Jordan De Goey
15. Isaac Heeney
16. Luke Parker
17. Tom Liberatore
18. Brad Crouch
19. Angus Brayshaw
20. Callum Mills
21. Chad Wingard
22. Jack Darling
23. Jacob Weitering
24. Tom McDonald
25. Dylan Shiel
26. Adam Treloar
27. Harley Bennell
28. Andrew Gaff
29. Dion Prestia
30. Jackson Macrae
31. Jake Lever
32. Harris Andrews
33. Jack Martin
34. Stephen Coniglio
35. Tom Mitchell
36. Luke Dahlhaus
37. Lachie Neale
38. Jeremy McGovern
39. Elliott Yeo
40. Bradley Hill
41. Cameron McCarthy
42. Tom Boyd
43. Paddy McCartin
44. Christian Petracca
45. Jack Billings
46. Jamie Elliott
47. Brodie Smith
48. Marley Williams
49. Jaeger O'Meara
50. Taylor Adams

When asked whether there was room for Zach Merrett, this was his response

Thinking about Merrett v the names listed. I would not make room for Merrett on that list. Top 60 he'd be in the mix for, but as a sub 180cm mid with mild scoreboard impact, average contested ball winning ability and limited ability overhead, while he has the class and excellent production for his age I wouldn't take Merrett ahead of any of those guys.

Isaac Smith and Mark Blicavs are probably the next two that immediately come to mind that were unlucky to miss, but based on age I'll give the younger guys the benefit of the doubt.

Usually Knightmare is pretty spot on, but to not have Merrett or Smith in the top 50 draftees over the past 6 seasons, especially given some of the names in there, I just dunno what to say.

Last edited:

Also the amount of players who haven't played a game... Probs shouldn't have done 2015

It's a bit stupid to do a top 50 which includes 3 different grades of players.
ie
Proven AFL talent
Projected AFL talent from less than 20games
and Projected talent from under 18s or state leagues with no AFL experience.

Knightmare was asked to do a top 50 draftees between 2010 and 2015. Here is his list.

When asked whether there was room for Zach Merrett, this was his response

Usually Knightmare is pretty spot on, but to not have Merrett or Smith in the top 50 draftees over the past 6 seasons, especially given some of the names in there, I just dunno what to say.
He's even put Petracca on the list at #44 and he hasn't even played a single game of AFL!

He's even put Petracca on the list at #44 and he hasn't even played a single game of AFL!
He has Hopper and Oliver at 7 and 8 respectively. They haven't even finished a preseason.

Not one of his better efforts, normally not bad a read in the draft stakes.

In the end though, it is only his opinion.

Still, am dumbfounded as to how players yet to play can break the top 10 let alone the actual 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has Hopper and Oliver at 7 and 8 respectively. They haven't even finished a preseason.

Weitering and Mills as well. I don't think he thought much of Parish back before the draft either though...

14. Darcy Parish (VIC – UTIL)
Height: 181cm, Weight: 73kg, DOB: 25/07/1997
Recruited from: Geelong Falcons
Reminds me of: A slightly better Zac Merrett
Best position/role: Midfield (outside leaning)/flanker.

I disagree that Essendon will be desperate to keep Hooker, as he will net pick 2 if he does leave, if he's bitter about being rubbed out for a year than a fresh start with Essendon being compensated would be good for all.

Double standards, yes. Hypocrisy, yes. Looking out for themselves, yes. Welcome to politics, and there's plenty of it at Essendon.
Essendon not desperate to keep their best player? Okey mete.

It's a bit stupid to do a top 50 which includes 3 different grades of players.
ie
Proven AFL talent
Projected AFL talent from less than 20games
and Projected talent from under 18s or state leagues with no AFL experience.

This.. it's really difficult to do a list when you're comparing people who have contested for Brownlow's with those on their first season using a mix of what he projects them to be (obviously high for Oliver and Hopper but low for Merrett). No one here is mentioning that it's weird Luke Parker is 10 spots behind Heppell but given their body of work that's just as interesting.

FWIW doing a list with this many players at different points in their career is always going to yield interesting results. Can't knock Knightmare for giving a try based on his opinion.

Wtf are Marley Williams and Taylor Adams doing on that list??? Knightmare is a reasonable draft resource but he's fairly biased towards Collingwood and his ratings of AFL level players are often well off the mark. I weirdly have this save from Knightmare as bump material from the redo 2005 draft thread posted in 2011.

Re: 2005 Afl draft Re-Done

1. Scott Pendlebury
2. Marc Murphy
3. Dale Thomas
4. Josh Kennedy
5. Andrew Swallow
6. Robert Warnock
7. Matt Priddis
8. Trent West
9. Grant Birchall
10. Shaun Higgins

Wtf are Marley Williams and Taylor Adams doing on that list??? Knightmare is a reasonable draft resource but he's fairly biased towards Collingwood and his ratings of AFL level players are often well off the mark. I weirdly have this save from Knightmare as bump material from the redo 2005 draft thread posted in 2011.
Nothing outrageous there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back