Demetriou blasts Richmond Tigers handling of Jake King

Remove this Banner Ad

130533-mark-knight-22-02-2014.jpg

Lol, I've actually e mailed sunrise highlighting the points on Wayne Carey and addressed it to Koch. And yes, it was from Captain Blood 17. Lets see if he has some balls to respond.

IMO you guys should be angry at Tim Watson. He brought the situation up and asked the question.

Kochie is paid for his opinions and it would have been a bad look if he said "Bikies are welcome at the PAFC, come one, come all.

Watson is a commentator, Koch is a CEO of a club who is not involved in this. And what right does he have in questioning the workings of the Richmond leadership group? And that bull crap how the Port leadership "would tear strips of him" FFS what a first class idiot your CEO is.

And by the way its Koch, not Kochie, he isnt our friend.

Bazzarie, You are forgetting he works at channel 7 and is paid for his opinions based on social, financial and sporting (mostly AFL) topics.

Anyway, Steven Trigg from the crows has the same stance as Koch on the situation. So begin your 10 page rants on him.
The same Steven Trigg who was suspended for 6 months for salary cap fraud?

Bazzarie, You are forgetting he works at channel 7 and is paid for his opinions based on social, financial and sporting (mostly AFL) topics.

Anyway, Steven Trigg from the crows has the same stance as Kochie on the situation. So begin your 10 page rants on him.

When he is on seven he is still wearing his port hat (after all, why is he promoting you so much)

He should butt out of affairs of other clubs, full stop

Anyway, Steven Trigg from the crows has the same stance as Kochie on the situation. So begin your 10 page rants on him.

Trigg, didn't he get suspended for something to do with a salary cap breach? Yet, he's no longer questioned by Vlad, and can keep his job after bringing the integrity of the game and his club into disrepute.
Koch is compromised. He should not be commenting on other clubs players full stop or how other clubs operate. He's done some good things at Port, that's were his focus should remain.

My view on the situation is quite simple.
If Watson did not ask the question there would be no problem here.
I think it's uncalled for that Koch is copping it even though a lot of other members of the footballing community share the same views and cop nothing.

He could have said without knowing the exact details of the situation it's wrong to make assumptions and comment on a specific case. He chose to slag off king and he chose to slag of richmond

I think it's uncalled for that Koch is copping it even though a lot of other members of the footballing community share the same views and cop nothing.

If Koch was professional, he would of not answered it. And if he had these concerns, he should of rang Gale, not aired his views publicly. It's that simple. I hope you guys are this understanding when your clubs next scandal arises, and other stake holders have an opinion.

I do think (and hope) next time Koch will think twice when Tim Watson or anyone else tries to spur something controversial out of him on the air.

The issue you guys have now, is Koch has made a rod for his back. What is he gonna do if say Wingard assaults someone in public? Or gets caught with drugs in his car? What then, Wingard gets sacked? You and I know it would never happen. And that's why he needs to STFU and concentrate on getting Port bigger and better off the field.

This is the point you simple Port followers are just not getting. Kotch works in the media, we know this BUT he is also part of the PAFC. He wears two hats. Now if Eddie McChins was asked on raido " So what do you think about port" and he replys " Yeah,naa They are a blight on the comp, the broke bastards. Always going to the afl with there hand out but then have the nerve to talk s**t about founding clubs etc etc". Would it be OK because he was asked a question and he is paid to give one ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No if Kochie had of given the polite, I'd rather not comment on another clubs handling of a situation, there would be no issue. Instead, Kochie seems to be going down the Eddie Maguire route of using his media position to get his club in the press, whether it be by pushing good news stories i.e record membership or using a controversy to air his views of it.

That's the difference between Kochie and other clubs presidents, we don't know how they might feel about about the subject, but everyone knows where Kochie stands on it. By making that statement he has also backed himself into a corner, for what happens now if it emerges that a Port players has a relationship with a person of dodgy character? If Kochie is true to his word that player should be sacked, if not then Kochie makes himself look like an utter tool and hypocrite.

The issue you guys have now, is Koch has made a rod for his back. What is he gonna do if say Wingard assaults someone in public? Or gets caught with drugs in his car? What then, Wingard gets sacked? You and I know it would never happen. And that's why he needs to STFU and concentrate on getting Port bigger and better off the field.

No, (like King) he would be held accountable to the group to kerb his ways and become a better ambassador of our club and better person in general. If only after attempts to improve his behaviour have failed would resorting to move him on would occur.

Comparing King to Wingard:D

No, (like King) he would be held accountable to the group to kerb his ways and become a better ambassador of our club and better person in general. If only after attempts to improve his behaviour have failed would resorting to move him on would occur.

Comparing King to Wingard:D

I know the comparison of King to Wingard is a bit naff, but the point remains, he's made the call now. And that's why it was silly to do so.

I know the comparison of King to Wingard is a bit naff, but the point remains, he's made the call now. And that's why it was silly to do so.

The point lost on many here is that Kochie said that the leadership group would ask him to stop doing what he is doing first before any action would be taken which seems lost by many. It's not a one strike policy that he was promoting.

The point lost on many here is that Kochie said that the leadership group would ask him to stop doing what he is doing first before any action would be taken which seems lost by many. It's not a one strike policy that he was promoting.

Well of it was a leadership decision, then in reality, Koch has no idea what they would first suggest. Again, he shouldn't comment on those issues, as he's not in an inner sanctum so to speak. He would over see an outcome after it was presented to him, but, without the facts, he has NFI.

Well of it was a leadership decision, then in reality, Koch has no idea what they would first suggest. Again, he shouldn't comment on those issues, as he's not in an inner sanctum so to speak. He would over see an outcome after it was presented to him, but, without the facts, he has NFI.

True, and that's why he was speaking from a Port perspective.

B- Koch has no connection to Richmond and should concentrate on his own bogan club.
That's exactly what he did? He was asked what he would do if this was port, never told Richmond what to do, never implied he knew better than Richmond. He was speaking on part of his club if this matter should arise at port, in which he answered truthfully. This whole story/thread is making a huge mountain out of a molehill.

True, and that's why he was speaking from a Port perspective.

About RICHMOND

Last time I checked King wasn't on your list, and the issue hadn't been briefed to Koch, so how exactly does this issue have any Port perspective to add?

About RICHMOND

Last time I checked King wasn't on your list, and the issue hadn't been briefed to Koch, so how exactly does this issue have any Port perspective to add?

I suppose that's when he is asked a question from a Port perspective. At the end of the day I'm a bit uneasy about Kochie giving his opinion on this but I also don't think it was rehearsed but merely answering a question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back