PS3 Demon's Souls

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Demon's Souls (PS3)

Is this ever going to be released here? I want the game but for some reason, despite awesome sales, it's only in Japan and America.
There's been nothing to say it will unfortunately. It's really strange. The title has well out-sold expectations and in some cases has even sold out of print! Maybe there would just be too much work in releasing it amongst the EU region that it's just not worth being done?

If you really want it though importing is the right option. The dollar is so good right now that it would be cheaper than a local version anyway.

Could try out a speciality 'underground' game store, they might stock it.

After seeing this get GameSpot's GOTY in what was one of the best GOTY lead ups and variety of awards I've ever seen. Then a fantastic video explaining exactly why Demon's Souls was GOTY for them.

After watching that, I've decided I have to get this game. The PSN integration is what has sealed the deal, just sounds like one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in a game.

I know it'll be the most frustrating game I've ever played, but the tempt is too high so I'll be picking this up for sure.

I'll get it when I'm in America in a few months from now as by then the price would've gone down and it will save a bit on shipping.

Unfortunately even still there is absolutely NO NEWS of it being released properly down here.:(

After seeing this get GameSpot's GOTY in what was one of the best GOTY lead ups and variety of awards I've ever seen. Then a fantastic video explaining exactly why Demon's Souls was GOTY for them.

After watching that, I've decided I have to get this game. The PSN integration is what has sealed the deal, just sounds like one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in a game.

I know it'll be the most frustrating game I've ever played, but the tempt is too high so I'll be picking this up for sure.

I'll get it when I'm in America in a few months from now as by then the price would've gone down and it will save a bit on shipping.

Unfortunately even still there is absolutely NO NEWS of it being released properly down here.:(

I swear to god, the person who is refusing to release this game in EU/AUS truly must be a moron. There's simply nothing going against it, if it excells expectations in America then why not release it in other regions?!

I bought it a few days ago here in the States.

Haven't been able to give it a go yet and won't for another couple of weeks, but I am very glad I was able to buy it.

Great news that it's coming to Aus, FINALLY!.

Is this the game that makes it harder when you die?

Yes but it's not a constant increase in difficulty. Let's say you make it 30 minutes without dying then die. Now that's a bitch. Let's say you only get about 2 minutes without dying next time. Well that's ok, now you only have to make it 2 minutes to get your souls back.

Sure you just lost every Soul you'd been saving for the past half an hour or possibly 5 or 6 hours but hey it could be worse :eek:.

Yes but it's not a constant increase in difficulty. Let's say you make it 30 minutes without dying then die. Now that's a bitch. Let's say you only get about 2 minutes without dying next time. Well that's ok, now you only have to make it 2 minutes to get your souls back.

Sure you just lost every Soul you'd been saving for the past half an hour or possibly 5 or 6 hours but hey it could be worse :eek:.
I stuffed up big time in level 2 (which I am still yet to figure out how to get past the boss...any help?:eek:). I used those stones? that increase your soul count...I was going really well, died once or twice but always managed to get my souls back. Then I moved onto the boss......RAGE!!!! Later and I lose my souls and there was a good near 10000 I had saved up.:(:mad::(

I stuffed up big time in level 2 (which I am still yet to figure out how to get past the boss...any help?:eek:). I used those stones? that increase your soul count...I was going really well, died once or twice but always managed to get my souls back. Then I moved onto the boss......RAGE!!!! Later and I lose my souls and there was a good near 10000 I had saved up.:(:mad::(

Level 2 boss the Phalanx? Guy isn't a huge issue if you're a girly missile user but melee players should shed their armour and just do hit and runs.

Grinding at 4.1 is also recommended :thumbsu:.

Level 2 boss the Phalanx? Guy isn't a huge issue if you're a girly missile user but melee players should shed their armour and just do hit and runs.

Grinding at 4.1 is also recommended :thumbsu:.
I guess it's level 3 then technically? But the big spider thing. Have had huge troubles just trying to get to him to deal some damage, getting slowed down by the cobwebs and huge fire attack.

I dealth with the Phalanx on my 2nd go I think, definitely wasn't tough, just used a lot of long lunges with the spear.

I guess it's level 3 then technically? But the big spider thing. Have had huge troubles just trying to get to him to deal some damage, getting slowed down by the cobwebs and huge fire attack.

I dealth with the Phalanx on my 2nd go I think, definitely wasn't tough, just used a lot of long lunges with the spear.

Ah the mine level filled with those filthy trolls, geckos and fire beetles?

If you're cheesy you can stand in the far left corner of the tunnel when you first fight it and just shoot it to death. Alternatively you have to wait for it's fire attack, dodge roll and then charge but yeah those webs make that easier said than done :thumbsu:.

Ah the mine level filled with those filthy trolls, geckos and fire beetles?

If you're cheesy you can stand in the far left corner of the tunnel when you first fight it and just shoot it to death. Alternatively you have to wait for it's fire attack, dodge roll and then charge but yeah those webs make that easier said than done :thumbsu:.
Yeah that's the one. I might cheese it.:eek:

Now when you say shoot it I assume you mean with the crossbow? As that's the only shooting weapon I currently have. Does it take a lot of arrows to put it down? Damn I wish it was easier.:(

(I have a feeling that if/when I get past spider boss, I'll be back here again asking for more help VERY soon.:(:p)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that's the one. I might cheese it.:eek:

Now when you say shoot it I assume you mean with the crossbow? As that's the only shooting weapon I currently have. Does it take a lot of arrows to put it down? Damn I wish it was easier.:(

(I have a feeling that if/when I get past spider boss, I'll be back here again asking for more help VERY soon.:(:p)

Doesn't matter if it's a crossbow, bow or magic. Just lurk in the corner and shot away. But yeah either bring a lot of bolts or prepared to go for a suicidal charge to try and finish him off.

I think the next boss is the lurker who depending on your gear is either a walk through the park or akin to being raped in a back alley by a large man.

Yeh i dont use those hero's stones until im ready to spend my saved up souls..... Just in-case i lose my stored up ones i at least have the hero's stones as back up.
But jeez it can be unfairly hard at times, too much grinding needed i reckon. The game should come with a heavy duty controller coz jeez ive thrown mine a couple of times. lol.

Yeh i dont use those hero's stones until im ready to spend my saved up souls..... Just in-case i lose my stored up ones i at least have the hero's stones as back up.
But jeez it can be unfairly hard at times, too much grinding needed i reckon. The game should come with a heavy duty controller coz jeez ive thrown mine a couple of times. lol.
Yeah I wouldn't have used them either, but I actually didn't know what they were so I was checking them out. I should've gone back and spent the souls to upgrade something, but didn't think I was gonna get raped by a BIG ****ING SPIDER!:mad:

Unforgiving yet awesome game. Question, after you kill the Tower Knight there's a portal which requires killing an Archdemon to enter. Does that just mean the dragon?

No...it's definitely a boss on another level...maybe the 'big' Dragon if that's not the one your talking about? Not the baby world 1 dragon :)

I'm guessing you mean "Souls" instead of "Stones" right? Or is this some import required change to make me angry?

Also agree on the controller part, I've never love/hated a game as much as Demon's Souls.

Dark Souls approaches
There's **** all chance I'm getting this as Demon's Souls was WAY too hard for me (I tried to beat that spider, but **** me if I can do it:().

Anyway, the new trailer does certainly make me want it despite knowing how EVEN MORE ridiculous it's going to be.

[YOUTUBE]PsrNWNc2VCA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm going to get Demon's Souls sooner or later because I'm sick of all these easy games I have at the moment (AC2 especially).

Hope it's as hard as everyone says.

Did you use the water veil(think that's it's name) and ring of fire resistance?
Honestly, I never knew how to use the magic abilities. So I was in a bit of trouble right off the bat there.:eek:

I might give it a go when Dark Souls comes out and see if I can finally beat that sunnuvabitch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back