Media Demons unveil commemorative Guernsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

MOUNT BULLER UNVEILS 20TH ANNIVERSARY GUERNSEY

20 seasons. Let that soak in for a minute. That's 14 years. For a fantasy football team on an internet forum that is an eternity. To give you an idea of just how long ago that was; the Brisbane Lions were beginning 3 years of dominance, Don Bradman was still alive and James Hird still had credibility.

A man by the name of Mobbenfuhrer came down from the heavens and asked:

"Do you want to play a game?"

I wrote a simple QBasic game some years ago (still got it), whereby I enter team lists for a bunch of clubs, turn it into a league, and play a season.

The whole thing is based on random numbers. Therefore, anybody can play well or bad, anybody can win or lose, and all these roles can reverse themselves.

I'm suggesting that a bunch of yers get together and form some teams, give yerselves a team name, and let me know. I can create a league, play the matches (perhaps real time, at weekends) and run a season, posting results of matches here, with stats, goals, 3/2/1s, qtr by qtrs, all that sort of stuff.

I would say that any (pleasantish) name can be chosen for a team name, but try to use a sort of reasonable nickname, none of which are to be a nickname of an existing club. Well ... that's up to youse. But if yers are interested, please knock yer noggins together and submit me some teams.

Well, that's all I can give yer for now, its just a suggestion, please deliver unto me your thoughts. I'll answer any questions you have.

------------------
Hallowed be thy Roy

To which a great man named BIG POPPA PUMP replied:

Alrighty, I see your all joining teams for some competition. Well, there is no competition without Big Poppa Pump.

The name is Team Pump, and it will totally destroy any opposition in it's way. With leader Big Poppa Pump, nothing can go wrong. There is no room for failure because Team Pump will go all the way.

If you wanna join Team Pump, if you wanna be a part of the strongest team to ever grace Bigfooty.com then reply to this message with simply "I wanna be in, I wanna be part of a winning team!"

Of course I won't be accepting everyone. Only the best will make the squad, only the absoloute stars will be even considered to join Team Pump. I won't be accepting morons like Mags , I won't be accepting fat no-hopers like JUB JUB and I deffinently won't be accepting Essendon supporters. Only the best make it in.

So if you wanna be part of history, if you wanna become an official member of Team Pump then reply to this message. Hurry up, time is running out.

And our great team was born. Team Pump eventually morphed into the Mount Buller Demons and the rest as they say, is history.

Great teams cannot exist however, without great rivals, and the Demons found that in the West Coast Wonders. A team we have been battling with for 20 long seasons. So that is why we have decided to commemorate this week's Foundation Cup match (the real MOTR) with a jumper that honours our long history and also all the players that have kept this team alive and turned it into the club it is today.

Because my artistic talents peaked in grade 5, I employed the services of a former Demon and design guru, NM_Mitchell to help put this guernsey together. The guernsey contains the names of every player to pull on the Team Pump/ Mount Buller Jumper over 14 years including one ClarkeM (yes, even he is part of our history).

We will be wearing this historic guernsey when we run out onto the Snow Dome against the Wonders on Sunday, to hopefully retain the Foundation Cup.

demons 20th season jumper.png

Eth and I would like to thank every player that has served this club over the last 20 seasons. We would not be here today without you all.

cooney Logger croweater 41 lanky_wes Smartys Power Mateyman Headless Fyfetheknife HawkPatrol Danger in Texas Van_Dyke DemonCat darthsidusfan Rhodesy_Blues raven echo Bosley Vooligan stewie griffen Marksup Smexxy23 thorne89 Big Stiff deaneus

Well we haven't seen anything quite as s**t as some of his posts.
And you are…? Probably another vindictive Swampy.
So, like most of your posts?
Basically yes, in my posting I try to combine elements of my sceptical nature and my lacklustre attempt to be a good poster.

It works out pretty well, I was named the leagues worst bloke in my first season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back