DemonSaw

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw this on Hak5 and they said this was File Sharing with Encryption.

https://www.demonsaw.com

Hak5 Video:

I was wondering IF anyone heard of this and Has anyone Used it?

Also is the Encryption good as Advertised?

Looks interesting but without a private group you know of to join it's pointless.

True. Could set a Collingwood one up.

Why public be bad choice?

It's not pointless, still enables sharing but without any real anonymity.

I thought the whole Idea using thid Program is Anonymity. So why using a Public Group stop that?

I thought the whole Idea using thid Program is Anonymity. So why using a Public Group stop that?

Depends on how you hook up to a public group but it's not true anonymity in that you leave a digital footprint on the site that shares the details to log in. I suppose that's not a big deal because they can't see if you then connect to DemonSaw and what you may or may not download. In general though I'd only use it in a private group so you have somewhat of a closed circle and knowledge of the kinds of people you're sharing the files with.

Depends on how you hook up to a public group but it's not true anonymity in that you leave a digital footprint on the site that shares the details to log in. I suppose that's not a big deal because they can't see if you then connect to DemonSaw and what you may or may not download. In general though I'd only use it in a private group so you have somewhat of a closed circle and knowledge of the kinds of people you're sharing the files with.

Have you tried some Groups?

Then how would the Encryption come into it?

Have you tried some Groups?

Then how would the Encryption come into it?

No I haven't done anything with it other than start it up last night after you posted this thread. Encryption could only come into it in a closed group as a public group by definition is not going to have a key to encrypt the data with.

Some User

Draftee
Dec 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be fair, there's no thing as true anonimity. I'm an experienced user on demonsaw, and I know how it works, so let's start on the top of the thread:
The use of this application is not pointless without a private group, but a private group increases one's safety and anonimity greatly (as several heavy social crypto layers can be added).
The public hub (without being in a group) is still pretty safe and anonymous, as no IPs are shared between users, and one cannot find out the true identity of another user unless the user shares sensitive information.
Every single action you do on the internet leaves some kind of footprint, whether you want it or not. But demonsaw's got end-to-end encryption in addition to transferring all encrypted data through a MITD (routers), and thereby hiding your IP from the other user you're interacting with. Yes, the router can see every IP that's connected to it, but it have no idea of who's transferring what, and can not associate nickname with IP (unless you're playing with IP tables, and you've got very few active users). Also, there's no log in, you simply choose a nickname and that's it (you can even leave the nickname field blank and appear as a blank user).
Even the public group is encrypted and safe, but being in a group with several layers of crypto is tenfolds times better. If you want to you can even host your own router, and there's no data tranferring through strangers.

If you have any further questions, please send emails to eijah@demonsaw.com (the creator of demonsaw), use the subreddit /r/demonsaw, or simply ask around on demonsaw!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back