Dennis Cometti says 2016 will be his last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Now we get to hear Basil Zempilas every Friday night for the next 25 years.

Should have held onto Sandy Roberts for a tad longer. Would have been a nice replacement for a while at lest.

He may have lost it in the last 5 years as some say, but Dennis has still been solid, and that puts him head and shoulders above the rest of them at Channel 7.

If anyone needed to announce a retirement, it's Bruce. He normally brings his A-game to the Grand Final, but the 2015 GF call was his usual Friday night crap. Time to go.

still one of the best going around, which says a lot about some of those who permeate the airwaves by being handed a microphone and allowed to assault the public with burbling in-jokes, sfellowing, hollering and thinking they are bigger than the game (hi, james brayshaw, among many others).

became a bit focussed on the one-liners for a while, and started to sound rehearsed, but still, you knew who had the ball, where it was and where it was likely to go next.

replacing him with basil is like being given a nickelback cassette when you wanted guns n roses tickets.

Huddo must have pissed someone off at 7 as they have had plenty of chances to pick him up since 10 lost the rights and haven't and he is the best commentator going around.
he's not suitable, talks too much about the football

Well channel 7 is unbearable now. Dennis is so much better without Bruce on Triple M it's unbelievable. Sad to see him calling it quits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your recognition. I've sent flowers.
Keep them. I'm worried about how obsessed you seem to be with someone on a football forum who you disagree with occasionally. I mean if that's how you want to spend your time, by all means. But it is rather sad. There's so much more one could do with one's time.

Keep them. I'm worried about how obsessed you seem to be with someone on a football forum who you disagree with occasionally. I mean if that's how you want to spend your time, by all means. But it is rather sad. There's so much more one could do with one's time.

As the leading authority on what constitutes sad I will bow to your superior knowledge and overwhelming experience.

I actually don't seek you out. You just stand out. For all the wrong reasons..

As the leading authority on what constitutes sad I will bow to your superior knowledge and overwhelming experience.

I actually don't seek you out. You just stand out. For all the wrong reasons..
Lol righto son. :thumbsu: You're obsessed with someone on an internet forum. That really is just sad. You @ me on posts where I'm talking to other people. You appear in threads I make with alarming regularity. But keep telling yourself you don't seek me out. If that makes you feel better, you roll with it.

Lol righto son. :thumbsu: You're obsessed with someone on an internet forum. That really is just sad. You @ me on posts where I'm talking to other people. You appear in threads I make with alarming regularity. But keep telling yourself you don't seek me out. If that makes you feel better, you roll with it.

I've probably tagged you once or twice. Ever.

Your paranoia has brought you to breaking point.

Sorry I've got you so rattled bud xx

I've probably tagged you once or twice. Ever.

Your paranoia has brought you to breaking point.

Sorry I've got you so rattled bud xx
Oh I don't actually care. I'm merely concerned. It's the kind of guy I am.

Good chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back