Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Talib come on down.

Hopefully there are no hard feelings between he and Welker...

A lot of money to spend, basically ensures that DRC will go which I hate. Plus a lot to spend on a guy with a history of being a ****

Have about 14 left. Approx 7 for rooks, leaves 7 for Ware/Allen

I agree.. one of these legendary DE will be in a Broncos uniform this upcoming season. Elway knows time is nigh.

Not factoring in contracts it probably is.

The Ware contract is fine.

The Taliban one is a little risky.

People are panicking, but I am fairly sure that Elway and Peyton have had a conversation regarding how long he intends to play for. I don't think this "bottom out" business will come to fruition. If we draft well we will be fine. If we re-sign Von and DT we wont ever be that bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The jokers on NFL.com are splitting hairs on their MOCK drafts for the Broncos first round selection: Daniel Jeremiah says the Broncos take OLB Ryan Shazier (Ohio State)
Bucky Brooks says the Donkeys need a Centre and he reckons Travis Swansson from Arkansas is the right fit
Charles Davis is slotting in the best CB available at #31 = Jason Verrett from TCU
Chase Goodbread is all over the physical freak DT Ra'shede Hageman from Minnesota
while
Mike Huguenin thinks ILB C.J. Mosley from Crimson Tide will be ripe for the picking..

But I think Matt Smith knows a smart selection when he sees one and for the Broncos to snaffle WR Jordan Matthews from Vanderbuilt is an absolute STEAL!!

You know how I feel about that Woody.

I don't understand what is behind us needing either a centre or an OLB. Don't these guys do research?

I would love Shazier, but can he really handle playing ILB?

Hageman would be great though, might be better suited to a 3-4 though

I don't understand what is behind us needing either a centre or an OLB. Don't these guys do research?

sorry to quote Herm Edwards again… "but that's the great thing about sports.." Fitting in the system is essential!! Thought processes are constantly volatile. Some don't want to explain themselves.. they're possibly thinking of other things like current contract issues and where the roster is at, this time next year. Character / injury concerns/ Pro day performances and maturity indicators all play a part.. research may not be all it's cracked up to be as diamonds in the dust have a habit of bobbing up and outplaying the higher drafted player. It's a crapshoot after all with no obligation that drafted player will be representing the same team after three seasons. But to find that 10+ year vet is such a remarkable acclaim by the front office.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of BPA. Except in a situation where you have a young player like Trevathan playing great football.

To say 'exception' … was that more about the kid's character and skill set needing development or was it just that he fits in the system of starting as a two down player because he is surrounded by experienced vets? For a sixth round pick in 2012.. he sure has proven to be a diamond in the rough of the 33 LB's picked in that class.. but I still think that says more about himself to take his opportunity and get better with his decision making because the higher drafted guy may already have tickets on myself thinking he's a slam dunk to make the grade.. attitude goes a long way I think and that's why I shy away from overconfident college players who talk too much already… i.e.: DB Justin Gilbert (sure, he has above average speed… I give him that but … but have you seen his tape?) the guy plays with too much contempt for his direct opponent. He'll get burned in the NFL that many times I feel. These type of guys have failed already with their 'attitude'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back